• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Random Spiritual Thought Thread

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm feeling energized by the Tao Te Ching again. I think it's a versatile, inclusive philosophy.

HLoZlF6.jpg

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting that the image behind the quote is a knight with armor and a sword. I would consider someone like St. Francis of Assisi more appropriate.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting that the image behind the quote is a knight with armor and a sword. I would consider someone like St. Francis of Assisi more appropriate.

11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

- Ephesians 6:11-12

It's a metaphor for spiritual preparedness, but it really happened.

Lark

11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Is it not thrones and dominions and the prince of the air or something like that? I remember that quote but I remember it differently, its a strange one

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

That's the thing about the Bible, there is such an enticingly large variety of cherries to pick.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Someone quoted this at me today - "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." That was to justify America being involved in all the middle East nonsense in support of Israel. I told him that that was the Old Testament and applied to just Jewish people at the time. Since we have the New Testament, now that verse applies to Christians and not Jewish people. The response was that that was "replacement theology" and it was really evil of me. I've never heard of this term, but I'm looking into it.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Even in the one authored by Jefferson?
He didn't author one, just edited it, and I doubt he removed all the cherries, or all the pits.

Someone quoted this at me today - "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." That was to justify America being involved in all the middle East nonsense in support of Israel. I told him that that was the Old Testament and applied to just Jewish people at the time. Since we have the New Testament, now that verse applies to Christians and not Jewish people. The response was that that was "replacement theology" and it was really evil of me. I've never heard of this term, but I'm looking into it.

Holy Tradition is that The Church is the new Israel. Zionism is inspired by Darby’s 19th century heterodoxy. In other words, it is a "tradition of man."

RHyXXnC.jpg

Christ is in our Midst.
Today, the Feast of the Ascension of our Lord God and Savior Jesus the Christ is celebrated on the fortieth day after the Great and Holy Feast of Pascha. Since the date of Pascha changes each year, the date of the Feast of the Ascension changes.
Wishing everyone a Beautiful day full of His Love, Blessings and Grace. God Bless.

frpx7Xe.jpg

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's the thing about the Bible, there is such an enticingly large variety of cherries to pick.

Yes, I grew up as a Bible Cult Christian, I'm highly aware of that. I sat through many a multi-hour session of fringe Christians hurling scriptures at each other as a lad. It was a very early lesson on how one's interpretation (cherry picking) can nearly justify nearly anything in a person's heart. That understanding prepared me for the Internet.

Mole

Permabanned
Tomorrow is the Feast of the Pentecost. Happy Birthday to The Church! God Bless!

God is great. He created our universe which is accelerating away from itself at every point in every direction, and at the furthest reaches is accelerating away faster than the speed of light, and so lost to us forever.

Magnus

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Those words were spoken by the God of the Bible to Abraham. They were directed SPECIFICALLY TO Abraham. Applying that statement to the entirety of Israel (particularly the modern state of Israel) is stretching the text a bit too much.