• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Random Spiritual Thought Thread

"Since the Logos of God though His descent to us has brought the kingdom of heaven close to us, let us not distance ourselves from it by leading an unrepentant life. Let us rather flee the wretchedness of those who sit `in darkness and the shadow of death' (Isa. 9:2). Let us acquire the fruits of repentance: a humble disposition, compunction and spiritual grief, a gentle and merciful heart that loves righteousness and pursues purity, peaceful, peace-making, patient in toil, glad to endure persecution, loss outrage, slander and suffering for the sake of truth and righteousness. For the kingdom of heaven or, rather, the King of heaven - ineffable in His generosity - is within us (cf. Luke 17:21); and to Him we should cleave through acts of repentance and patient endurance, loving as much as we can Him Who so dearly has loved us."

-St. Gregory Palamas, Philokalia, Vol. 4.

"It is by means of thoughts that the spirits of evil wage a secret war against the soul. For since the soul is invisible, these malicious powers naturally attack it invisibly."

- St Philotheos of Sinai, 40 Texts on Watchfulness

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"The Shack", but being black and obese isn't a disability like you say. :wink:

I didn't dare saying that (oh my gosh !) But... the image of a black obese woman is a double handicap in the social mind. Think about it baby ;)

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had a glance at the Shack, but no obese woman à l'horizon.Did you mean the one is Octavia Spencer ?:)

To me she is not obese, she is full of light, she is a "plump beauty" in my own eyes. I see more snow in the trailer than disabled beings (rires)

I must rent it in my own language. In english that sucks for me (when it is a comedy it is different to my senses).

In french it is called "the path for forgiving".

I had a glance at the Shack, but no obese woman à l'horizon.Did you mean the one is Octavia Spencer ?:)

To me she is not obese, she is full of light, she is a "plump beauty" in my own eyes. I see more snow in the trailer than disabled beings (rires)

I must rent it in my own language. In english that sucks for me (when it is a comedy it is different to my senses).

In french it is called "the path for forgiving".

You're right, she's not terribly obese. There are certainly heavier people.

My bias goes from this chart: (in which I am overweight by 8 pounds, 6ft, 178lbs)
cz22Fbk.jpg

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It feels like at time, older people see me as a representative for my millennial generation and they’re like “dolla dolla bill y’all” and inner me is like no just no.

And real me is like *polite fake laugh* yeah.

StrawberryBoots

I'm non-denominational, and Jesus still loves me to Heaven and back. I've found unearned, unmerited favor.

I'm not perfect, and I was never meant to be. :bye:

"Let us contemplate with faith the mystery of the divine incarnation and in all simplicity let us simply praise Him who in His great generosity became man for us."

- St Maximus the Confessor, 500 Various Texts

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I don't like the dogma of organized religion which tells a person the answers for them and never allowing the person to discover his or her own secrets to truth and their life journey.

Buddha said, "However many holy words you read, However many you speak, What good will they do you, If you do not act upon them?" Precisely, one can regurgitate the lessons from the scriptures but they don't teach you how to think for yourself and find the answers within. True wisdom comes from within. One develops a grounding of philosophical tenets that stand in good stead in times of adversity. A person learns critical thinking skills along with the use of reason. Without this training one is apt to fall under the spell of blind spots, denial, rationalization and emotional reasoning. This is true no matter how many days you go a religious institution.

To me the best representation of spirituality can be found in nature. I admire those religions and Native beliefs that have close ties to Mother Earth. We here in the West have lost this spiritual connection to Mother Earth or Gaea as the Puritan faith does not give much info on our fellowship with animal-kind. More the pity.

“The spiritual path is not a solo endeavor. In fact, the very notion of a self who is trying to free her/himself is a delusion. We are in it together and the company of spiritual friends helps us realize our interconnection.” Tara Brach

"The path of spiritual growth is a path of lifelong learning." M. Scott Peck

"The requirements for our evolution have changed. Survival is no longer sufficient. Our evolution now requires us to develop spiritually, to become emotionally aware and make responsible choices. It requires us to align ourselves with the values of the soul: harmony, cooperation, sharing, and reverence for life." Gary Zukav

[MENTION=31969]StrawberryBoots[/MENTION], I don't remember replying to you in this thread. I'm just posting quotes by the saints and Church Fathers that I like not aimed at anyone in particular. Anyhow, it's good to hear about your experiences, and I think it's awesome that the Lord blessed you with such gifts. I'm coming home to Orthodoxy/Eastern Christianity, so I wager it to be quite a bit different than what you're used to coming from a Western or Non-denominational group as I did myself.

If you'd like to know the faith, it is as follows:

I believe in one God, Father Almighty, Creator of
heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of
God, begotten of the Father before all ages;

Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten,
not created, of one essence with the Father
through Whom all things were made.

Who for us men and for our salvation
came down from heaven and was incarnate
of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became man.

He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate,
and suffered and was buried;

And He rose on the third day,
according to the Scriptures.

He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father;

And He will come again with glory to judge the living
and dead. His kingdom shall have no end.

And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Creator of life,
Who proceeds from the Father, Who together with the
Father and the Son is worshipped and glorified, Who
spoke through the prophets.

In one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church.

I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

I look for the resurrection of the dead,
and the life of the age to come.

Amen.

BTW; you sound just like my gf. She doesn't understand my conversion to The Church, either. ;)

"He who has acquired love endures calmly and patiently the injuries and sufferings that his enemies inflict on him."

- St Thalassios the Lybian, 400 Texts on Love and Self-Control

Lark

"He who has acquired love endures calmly and patiently the injuries and sufferings that his enemies inflict on him."

- St Thalassios the Lybian, 400 Texts on Love and Self-Control

Just remember that when you ask yourself what would Jesus do, that making a whip and kicking everyones ass is one of the possibilities.