User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

Post Human Post
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

We Bokononists believe that humanity is organized into teams, teams that do God's Will without ever discovering what they are doing. Such a team is called a karass by Bokonon ... "If you find your life tangled up with somebody else's life for no very logical reasons," writes Bokonon, "that person may be a member of your karass." At another point in The Books of Bokonon he tells us, "Man created the checkerboard; God created the karass." By that he means that a karass ignores national, institutional, occupational, familial, and class boundaries. It is as free form as an amoeba.

- Cat's Cradle, Kurt Vonnegut

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

When the walls are sweating, I don't fucc w/ family planning

Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar

Even though Great Lent has passed, it's always good to be reminded to keep climbing all the Way.

30 Steps to Salvation, or climbing the Ladder to God.

"The lessening of evil breeds abstinence from evil; and
    abstinence from evil is the beginning of repentance; and
    the beginning of repentance is the beginning of salvation; and the beginning of salvation is a good resolve; and
    a good resolve is the mother of labors. And
    the beginning of labors is the virtues; and
    the beginning of the virtues is a flowering, and
    the flowering of virtue is the beginning of activity. And
    the offspring of virtue is perseverance; and
    the fruit and offspring of persevering practice is habit, and
    the child of habit is character. And
    good character is the mother of fear; and
    fear gives birth to the keeping of commandments in which I include both Heavenly and earthly. And the keeping of the commandments is a sign of love; and
    the beginning of love is an abundance of humility; and
    an abundance of humility is the daughter of dispassion; and
    the acquisition of the latter is the fullness of love, that is to say, the perfect indwelling of God in those who through dispassion are pure in heart, for they shall see God.
    And to Him the glory for all eternity. Amen"

*from the 27th step

-St John of the Ladder

St George pray for us sinners. Amin

Hail Father, source of the Son,
    Son, the Father’s image;
    Father, the ground where the Son stands,
    Son, the Father’s seal;
    Father, the power of the Son,
    Son, the Father’s beauty;
    All-pure Spirit, bond between the Father and Son.
    Send, O Christ, the Spirit, send
    the Father to my soul;
    Steep my dry heart in this dew,
    the best of all thy gifts.

-Synesius of Cyrene

🍓 girl in an 🍎 world SurrealisticSlumbers's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Whenever I feel upset about my life, I like to research the Earth's history and geological timeline. I read about space and the age(s) of the planets in our solar system, the Sun, and the Moon. I think about how lucky I am to be living in the 21st century on a planet that is still beautiful and hospitable (for the time being), and where the sun still rises every day, no matter what. I am "poor," but living in a part of the world that many envy. I look in the mirror and think I could lose 15 pounds, but many would be satisfied to have my physicality.

Also, just noticed that this "Random Thought" thread has considerably less pages than the "Mature" one... What does that tell you about our society? Hah.

Wherever you are hope you are having a good day/night y'all.
    Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiver (INFP) with highly-developed Te | 5w4 (some days the 4 wins out!)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealisticSlumbers View Post
    Whenever I feel upset about my life, I like to research the Earth's history and geological timeline. I read about space and the age(s) of the planets in our solar system, the Sun, and the Moon. I think about how lucky I am to be living in the 21st century on a planet that is still beautiful and hospitable (for the time being), and where the sun still rises every day, no matter what. I am "poor," but living in a part of the world that many envy. I look in the mirror and think I could lose 15 pounds, but many would be satisfied to have my physicality.

Also, just noticed that this "Random Thought" thread has considerably less pages than the "Mature" one... What does that tell you about our society? Hah.

Wherever you are hope you are having a good day/night y'all.
    Well it's also much much much newer.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

What does it mean to be a dreamer truly? What is that people dream of?

I have a very vivid internal life, but only when I’m awake.

My dreams tend to be very close to realism. I’m either helping somebody out, lost in a random city. Work in shady places, being abused mentally most of the time. Hitting a car. Get hit by a car.

It’s almost as really my unconscious is living my opposites irl. What I stop in real life, my unconscious reflects the opposite.

Why?

Why don’t I have dreams that show me the path where I need to go? Maybe I’m not taking something away from all this?

We are Atheists. We believe that the Universe is a great uncaused, random accident. All life in the Universe past and future are the results of random chance acting on itself. While we acknowledge concepts like morality, politeness, civility seem to exist, we know they do not. Our highly evolved brains imagine that these things have a cause or a use, and they have in the past, they've allowed life to continue on this planet for a short blip of time. But make no mistake: all our dreams, loves, opinions, and desires are figments of our primordial imagination. They are fleeting electrical signals that fire across our synapses for a moment in time. They served some purpose in the past. They got us here. That's it. All human achievement and plans for the future are the result of some ancient, evolved brain and accompanying chemical reactions that once served a survival purpose. Ex: I'll marry and nurture children because my genes demand reproduction, I'll create because creativity served a survival advantage to my ancient ape ancestors, I'll build cities and laws because this allowed my ape grandfather time and peace to reproduce and protect his genes. My only directive is to obey my genes. Eat, sleep, reproduce, die. That is our bible. We deride the Theists for having created myths and holy books. We imagine ourselves superior. But we too imagine there are reasons to obey laws, be polite, protect the weak etc. Rubbish. We are nurturing a new religion, one where we imagine that such conventions have any basis in reality. Have they allowed life to exist? Absolutely. But who cares? Outside of my greedy little gene's need to reproduce, there is nothing in my world that stops me from killing you and reproducing with your wife. Only the fear that I might be incarcerated and thus be deprived of the opportunity to do the same with the next guy's wife stops me. Some of my Atheist friends have fooled themselves into acting like the general population. They live in suburban homes, drive Toyota Camrys, attend school plays. But underneath they know the truth. They are a bag of DNA whose only purpose is to make more of themselves. So be nice if you want. Be involved, have polite conversations, be a model citizen. Just be aware that while technically an Atheist, you are an inferior one. You're just a little bit less evolved, that's all. When you are ready to join me, let me know, I'll be reproducing with your wife. I know it's not PC to speak so bluntly about the ramifications of our beliefs, but in our discussions with Theists we sometimes tip toe around what we really know to be factual. Maybe it's time we Atheists were a little more truthful and let the chips fall where they may. At least that's what my genes are telling me to say.