User Tag List

First 243233343536 Last

MBTI
    LGBT
    Enneagram
    469 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird 8118 View Post
    I think the most offensive thing we can say to God is that He created beings that are less than perfect. Which would mean that God is imperfect.

Prove me wrong, I dare you.
    It wouldnt technically have to mean anything, nor just one thing.
    I am the Cat who walks by themself; and all places are alike to me...

For the cat is cryptic,
    and close to strange things which men cannot see.
    They are the soul of antique Aegyptus,
    and bearer of tales from forgotten cities in Meroë and Ophir.
    They are the kin of the jungle’s lords,
    and heir to the secrets of hoary and sinister Africa.
    The Sphinx is their cousin, and they speak her language;
    but they are more ancient than the Sphinx,
    and remember that which she hath forgotten...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    279 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    It wouldnt technically have to mean anything, nor just one thing.
    Of course - nothing has any meaning save the meaning we give things.

But in the context of what I was saying there, it’s ridiculous for us to think that creating “imperfect” beings was the best that God could do. Yes, we’re limited in our understanding. But that doesn’t mean we’re imperfect. No life form is imperfect by design.
    “The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” ~Ernest Hemingway

Johari: https://kevan.org/johari?name=~MS*ANGEL~
    Nohari: https://kevan.org/nohari?name=~MS*ANGEL~

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    "And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    279 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Today I made my very first “manifestation elixir” - which is basically water charged with a person’s intentions (and optionally crystals) - in honor of the Great Conjunction. Let’s see how this turns out over time.
    “The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” ~Ernest Hemingway

"And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

self murderer
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    EIE

@Norrsken I believe that we aren’t here as part of some test or learning experience. I believe we’re here to fully experience ourselves as the spiritual beings we truly are - nothing more, nothing less. No matter what circumstances we face, no matter how powerless we may feel at times, we can rise above it all. And it’s not as difficult as we may think either, once we start to realize that we don’t have to go through it all alone. Because we are all connected... we are all one. That’s why having friends and/or family who love us for who we are has a HUGE impact on where we stand.
    god i will protect u for the rest of my life

Likes Firebird 8118, Red Memories liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleGirl17 View Post
    I was not talking about this from a subjective human perspective, sorry if that was not clear. What I'm trying to say is that every problem stems from a problem, which stems from a deeper societal problem, and so on. All of these problems are a consequence of a lack of love.
    Actually, a few looks into psychology/neurology prove that this statement is scientifically invalid.

I personally see no need for spirituality in my life. There is nothing it could offer me that I am missing; or if there is, then there is nothing I couldn't gain without it just as easily.

I suppose that what irks me about spirituality is that it's basically always just pure belief. There's not a solid reason to believe anything that is believed in. It's not concrete, scientific, or fact oriented. To me it looks like magical thinking and pulling ideas out of thin air.

I think the most offensive thing we can say to God is that He created beings that are less than perfect. Which would mean that God is imperfect.

Prove me wrong, I dare you.
    If no one can prove you wrong, does it prove you right? Or does it prove that none of this can be proven? Can you prove it to be right? Seeing as how the existence of a god can't be proven, how can anything else pertaining to them be? Thus, no offense / forgive my honesty (I mean no harm and am not saying this with any maliciousness or attitude), but this is an odd statement to me.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Aerix View Post
    Actually, a few looks into psychology/neurology prove that this statement is scientifically invalid.
    I'm not sure what you're referring to, so what you're saying doesn't make much sense to me, but go ahead and claim victory if that's what you're after, because I've lost interest and really don't feel like wasting any more of my energy on this.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    279 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Aerix View Post
    If no one can prove you wrong, does it prove you right? Or does it prove that none of this can be proven? Can you prove it to be right? Seeing as how the existence of a god can't be proven, how can anything else pertaining to them be? Thus, no offense / forgive my honesty (I mean no harm and am not saying this with any maliciousness or attitude), but this is an odd statement to me.
    The last statement was more of a joke than any serious challenge, I apologize if it came across as otherwise lol

Anyway, it’s not necessary for one to believe in a higher power for such a higher power to exist, imho. Most of my friends are atheists or agnostics - and it’s perfectly fine. I will say that certain experiences in my own personal life have been proof enough for me, but it doesn’t mean that anyone else has to believe in the existence of God/Divine consciousness.

In other words: you can choose to believe or not believe anything you want to, regardless of any proof or lack thereof. It’s all right.