User Tag List

First 223031323334 Last

MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    5w4

So regarding the question by @Aerix...what purpose does spirituality serve? What do you gain from it?

Personally, spirituality allows me to walk through this world confidently, knowing that no matter what comes or goes, it's all temporal and all a part of my educational journey through this realm of existence. I will go on living long after I leave this temporal plane or "Shadow Land," as C.S. Lewis called it. In my culture, we speak of all things being connected, because they are, in a way that is invisible to the non-spiritual person. Once it becomes visible or the moment you say, "But I can see it and I'm not spiritual," you have stepped into becoming spiritual. I believe being spiritual is a part of being alive, that we ARE spirit beings, we each have a mind and we each inhabit a body as a sort of vehicle that allows us to interact with the physical world and have experiences. It's as if we are from another realm but we come into this one to learn things we can't learn there. So, since we ARE spirit beings who come from the spirit world then to deny spirituality is to deny our origins, our ancestors and our descendants. When I say spirituality, I do not mean religion. A person may be religious and yet not be spiritual or a person may be both spiritual and religious. Many people confuse the two. They are not even close to being the same thing. There are rules to the spiritual universe just as there are rules to the physical but they have nothing to do with the countless rituals humanity imposes upon people. True spirituality transcends all of that stuff. True spirituality is realizing who you are, what you are and what you're capable of.
    "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." Wayne Dyer
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Semantics create so much unnecessary polarity. Instead of people trusting their own humanity, they rely on abstract principles and laws to defend some sense of entitlement that they have. Essentially, they need power dynamics to ensure that someone else's needs lose to theirs. It's funny because everybody is doing this, and everybody has to not or nothing will work. People are too afraid of loss, and it makes them think they want certain things and that those things are "right," even though letting go is sometimes the best way to get what you really want.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    279 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I think the most offensive thing we can say to God is that He created beings that are less than perfect. Which would mean that God is imperfect.

Prove me wrong, I dare you.
    “The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” ~Ernest Hemingway

Johari: https://kevan.org/johari?name=~MS*ANGEL~
    Nohari: https://kevan.org/nohari?name=~MS*ANGEL~

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    "And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird 8118 View Post
    I think the most offensive thing we can say to God is that He created beings that are less than perfect. Which would mean that God is imperfect.

Prove me wrong, I dare you.
    That's what I never understood. If "God" is love, how can there be sin? That would be self-hate. That's why I always had the impression that the essence of God (which I think transcends religions and their personifications) was twisted and hijacked by humanity in order for them to manipulate and control other people. It's just where they're at, though. I don't think anyone can be shamed or indoctrinated into wisdom.
    Likes Firebird 8118 liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    279 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleGirl17 View Post
    That's what I never understood. If "God" is love, how can there be sin? That would be self-hate. That's why I always had the impression that the essence of God (which I think transcends religions and their personifications) was twisted and hijacked by humanity in order for them to manipulate and control other people. It's just where they're at, though. I don't think anyone can be shamed or indoctrinated into wisdom.
    Precisely. Such enlightenment can only be found through love, not fear (for feelings such as anger, guilt and shame ultimately all arise out of fear).

I also believe hell doesn’t exist. If it does, it’s created by us here through war and injustice.
    “The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” ~Ernest Hemingway

"And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"
    Likes GoggleGirl17 liked this post

self murderer
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    EIE

I also believe hell doesn’t exist. If it does, it’s created by us here through war and injustice.
    Which begs me to ask: Why are we here? Is this some kind of test? How do we overcome this test? What are the hidden rules we must comply with if we are to reach a benevolent place afterwards?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    215 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Precisely. Such enlightenment can only be found through love, not fear (for feelings such as anger, guilt and shame ultimately all arise out of fear).

I think you're on track there to something similar to me...as I think even good atheists can find heaven. But I think God does have a hell, but this hell is reserved for truly bad people like say Hitler or Jeffrey Dauhmer. People with no heart whatsoever. Even though there lacked justice on earth, God bring justice for victims this way...

- - - Updated - - -

maybe I struggle with the idea that my predator won't face some eternal damnation for what he did. God's justice is a consoling thing to me...like where earth fails, God prevails.

After all,
    How can you run from what is inside of you?
    Likes Firebird 8118 liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    215 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by GoggleGirl17 View Post
    Say you stole something from the store not of necessity, and your parent disciplines you by grounding you. This doesn't mean your parents don't love you anymore, it means they want to raise you to do things right.

Now I do think man has warped what sin is to manipulate and create division. I do not think "sin" is so black and white as many make it.

After all,
    How can you run from what is inside of you?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Red Memories View Post
    Say you stole something from the store not of necessity, and your parent disciplines you by grounding you. This doesn't mean your parents don't love you anymore, it means they want to raise you to do things right.

Now I do think man has warped what sin is to manipulate and create division. I do not think "sin" is so black and white as many make it.
    This might be a dead end conversation because I don't believe there is right or wrong, just different perspectives.
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    279 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

@Norrsken I believe that we aren’t here as part of some test or learning experience. I believe we’re here to fully experience ourselves as the spiritual beings we truly are - nothing more, nothing less. No matter what circumstances we face, no matter how powerless we may feel at times, we can rise above it all. And it’s not as difficult as we may think either, once we start to realize that we don’t have to go through it all alone. Because we are all connected... we are all one. That’s why having friends and/or family who love us for who we are has a HUGE impact on where we stand.

@Red Memories - I know, admittedly it’s still hard for me to accept at times as well. The idea that hell does not exist has the power to turn our theological notions upside-down - we do want to see justice for all the acts of evil we see in the world.

If this helps at all, there are still natural consequences for the actions we take, so long as we’re part of the material realm through the cycle of reincarnation. Karma still exists as an “unseen” law of the universe, and even if we don’t see consequences in this lifetime, they will show up in a future lifetime for the perpetrator(s). Either way, what a person is experiencing now or in the future is not for us to judge, as we can never know for sure what a soul is going through, why, or whether such experiences are “deserved” or not.

The “no hell” concept is one that’s explained far more eloquently in “Conversations with God, Vol. 2”, so feel free to reach out to me directly and we can discuss it further.

Likes Red Memories, Norrsken liked this post