First 212930313233 Last

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI Kephalos's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Say what you will about humanity's insignificance in the universe, but as far as we know, we're the most interesting thing going on anywhere.
    I do not know where the error lies. I do not pretend to set people right, but I do see that they are often wrong. -- Jane Austen, Mansfield Park.

I wish as well as everybody else to be perfectly happy; but, like everybody else it must be in my own way. -- Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility.

She was not often invited to join in the conversation of the others, nor did she desire it. Her own thoughts and reflections were habitually her best companions. -- Jane Austen, Mansfield Park.

Guardian of Ga'Hoole Julius_Van_Der_Beak's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Kephalos View Post
    Say what you will about humanity's insignificance in the universe, but as far as we know, we're the most interesting thing going on anywhere.
    Alf sez different.
    A path is made by walking on it.

-Zhuangzi

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    487 sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

You do not find the most humble people at churches. You find them at places where the mentally ill are highly represented.

This is not a perfect theory, but still real experience. No joke.
    I didn't choose my way of thinking. My way of thinking chose me.
    Likes Abcdenfp liked this post

To the waters of the wild Siúil a Rún's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

My impression is that "New Age" is the Country Buffet of religions. Take a scoop of this, take a scoop of that, pile it on your plate and say your prayers.
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

To me the more time i spend in nature the closer i feel to source, and the deeper my sense of wonder and interconnectedness grows, we are worlds within ourselves and every single interaction is a part of multiple universes in play.

I find those who value their connection to all other living beings sentient or not have higher levels of "awakening" GOD/UNVIERSE .. is natural organic and not stagnant constantly creating destroying rebuilding , inventing.. Cycles.. speak to me in cycles.
    "I have spoken."
    Likes Firebird 8118 liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    279 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Abcdenfp View Post
    To me the more time i spend in nature the closer i feel to source, and the deeper my sense of wonder and interconnectedness grows, we are worlds within ourselves and every single interaction is a part of multiple universes in play.

I find those who value their connection to all other living beings sentient or not have higher levels of "awakening" GOD/UNVIERSE .. is natural organic and not stagnant constantly creating destroying rebuilding , inventing.. Cycles.. speak to me in cycles.
    Makes sense - life is cyclical by nature, when you think about it.

I’m not the best at communicating what I know and feel intuitively, but many of the insights I’ve gained in recent years come from the “Conversations with God” book/audiobook series by Neale Donald Walsch. If you haven’t read/heard these volumes before, I highly recommend them.
    “The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” ~Ernest Hemingway

Johari: https://kevan.org/johari?name=~MS*ANGEL~
    Nohari: https://kevan.org/nohari?name=~MS*ANGEL~

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    "And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W8

Quote Originally Posted by Firebird 8118 View Post
    Makes sense - life is cyclical by nature, when you think about it.

I’m not the best at communicating what I know and feel intuitively, but many of the insights I’ve gained in recent years come from the “Conversations with God” book/audiobook series by Neale Donald Walsch. If you haven’t read/heard these volumes before, I highly recommend them.
    I can have a hard time articulating how I feel but I am also a strong intuit and feel quite deeply, I feel connected to people who i have never met or with energies. Its strange sometimes to describe. Will definetly check out this recommendation. A lot of my journey has included Alan Watts his recorded lectures and talks are amazing, i do learn quite in a spiral sense ( will post article i wrote about that another time) but i don't believe learning is linear especially when it comes to these subjects.
    "I have spoken."
    Likes Firebird 8118 liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    279 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I often find myself in a trance whenever I’m brisk walking outside. It helps me calm down a little (and dial back on the constant paranoia that everyone hates me ). Then again, I suppose it’s not so hard to fall into a trance when I’m walking around inside a quiet suburban neighborhood complete with bike/walking paths, ponds and groups of trees scattered here and there.

Whenever I’m missing a place from my past or am daydreaming about some creative writing idea, I can use that “trance-like” mode to focus on these things. It’s a sweet little meditation of sorts that I don’t need to close my eyes to see...
    “The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” ~Ernest Hemingway

"And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"
    Likes Red Memories liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    279 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Abcdenfp View Post
    I can have a hard time articulating how I feel but I am also a strong intuit and feel quite deeply, I feel connected to people who i have never met or with energies. Its strange sometimes to describe. Will definetly check out this recommendation. A lot of my journey has included Alan Watts his recorded lectures and talks are amazing, i do learn quite in a spiral sense ( will post article i wrote about that another time) but i don't believe learning is linear especially when it comes to these subjects.
    Oh wow, Alan Watts is another legend right there and yeah I agree, learning doesn’t need to be linear at all. In fact, when I was first introduced to the CWG series in India 5 years ago, I started out reading through the second book first! And far from getting lost, I was in fact able to pick up the concepts so clearly that I almost didn’t need to read the first book at all (although it’s also a good eye-opener).

EDIT: There are two more people I recall whose talks and books have strongly influenced my current way of thinking. The late Dr. Wayne Dyer (his lecture “The Power of Intention” should still be available on YT iirc), and Anita Moorjani (author of “Dying to be Me”).

Likes Abcdenfp, Red Memories liked this post

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    487 sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

The sin of Fundamentalist Catholics, at least materially, is what I call simony. I used to think simony was a sin from the past, I was wrong.

Simony is basically selling spiritual favours commercially. In the Middle Ages you might see some people who try to sell... permissions to eat meat on fridays. Really.

But Fundamentalists' simony is way worse. They say/think things like :

- "don't listen the Modernist/Post-conciliar Catholics, you'd go to Hell if you listen to them, the Pope is sinful, blablabla..." (because we have a Bishop that's wiser than the Pope, the Pope is a left-winger)

- "don't watch TV, don't play video games, don't listen popular music" (because we sell non-sinful entertainment)

- "you might go to Hell if you don't vote for that far-righter, because he's the only presidential candidate to be against abortion" (we work for him)

- "do make 10+ children" (they'll expand our movement and become clients to our boarding schools)

- "put your children to that expensive 'Catholic' boarding school, even if it means you disable the heating at home on Winter" (we want your money or we'll let you go to Hell)

- "you shouldn't marry if you're mentally ill" (because we think your disability makes you unable to care of a family, don't marry because it's what we think the general interest)

- "you must marry another Fundamentalist" (otherwise you'll go to Hell with your children)

- "we're Traditionalist, not Fundamentalist" (because the mass medias are a bunch of left-wingers)

- "never work for any pharmacy, it's sinful because you'll sell abortion pills, but the best job is being a cop" (we need regalian officials to make us untouchable)

- "we care about Down Syndrome because there is a researcher among us" (classic far-righter virtue-signalling, like having a gay friend means you're certainly not homophobic)

- "goths don't look like anything" (because White Power skinheads do)

- "you're with us, you have the honor to belong to a spiritual elite" (enough said...)

- "don't read Saint Thomas Aquinas, it's too complicated for you" (I read it and discovered some priests lied to me)

- "We're not racist, we've got a few Black people with us" (and they have Fundamentalist missions in Africa)

- "you're an elderly who'll die in a few months ? give all your life savings to Church, we're here to educate people spritually, more seriously than anyone else" (... I know a far-right politician who did almost the same to become rich)

Enough said even if it's not enough said, I'm able to talk about them for hours.

The Fundamentalist sect I used to hang out with (for 10+ years) was at best a shady private company, and at worst a criminal organization.

Humanly, it's not as terrible as the mass medias says, but still today I'm harrassed by feelings I might go to Hell.

A woman was an expert of sects, and she told me the Fundamentalists bosses live in luxury and cover up pedophile priests.

Why is it simony ? Because they act like they sell you Heaven. Like "give us your life and your money otherwise you'll go to Hell"

I might have been offended in an exceptionally grave way, and others way more, but God was way more offended. You sell food for money, you sell shoes for money, you sell consumer electronics for money. You do not sell God for money. Period.
    I didn't choose my way of thinking. My way of thinking chose me.