• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Random Spiritual Thought Thread

A

Auroras

Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto.
Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper,
et in saecula saeculorum.
Amen.

Requiem aeternam
Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine,
et lux perpetua luceat eis.
Requiescatant in pace.
Amen.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
Why put the tree in the garden is a question that can be answered with the question why put a pie on the windowsill.

The Cat

Staff member
"Submit to the Lord."
"Why don't you try it?"

The Cat

Staff member
The sword of the Spirit was never meant to be wielded as a crushing hammer. The message of Christ was not go forth and conquer. It was to go out meet people where they are, serve their needs, minister to them with the love we would wish to be treated with. The light of the world was meant to be a beacon of hope that people could come to as they are to shelter through the inhospitable chaos and uncertainty of life form community with their neighbors and be not afraid of the arrow that flies by day nor the pestilence that stalks the night. It was never meant to be a spotlight hunting the dark for victims. The message from the creator to the creation was supposed to be that you are not alone, you have not been forgotten. You are loved in the midst of all the chaos and indifferent cruelty.

To those who wish to misuse faith, belief, and the name of gods to oppress others...You have forgotten the face of your Father. His name sticks in your mouth like the vomit upon which you shall choke in the end. The writing on the wall is clear:
MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN...God has numbered the days of your kingdom and brought it to an end; you have been weighed in the balances and found wanting... Repent and turn away from your wickedness; for your end draws near and the Lord God is faithful to remember, even when those who would claim to be his children prove faithless.

The Cat

Staff member
Now I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer.
When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” And out came another horse, bright red. Its rider was permitted to take peace from the earth, so that people should slay one another, and he was given a great sword.
When he opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a black horse! And its rider had a pair of scales in his hand. And I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures, saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and wine!”
When he opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, “Come!” And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider's name was Death, and Hades followed him. And they were given authority over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword and with famine and with pestilence and by wild beasts of the earth...