User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

MBTI
    YMCA
    Enneagram
    952 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Abcdenfp View Post
    in all seriousness, if you really believe that when you die there is NOTHING afterwards, how are most of you making it through the day? like that's it we just gonna be gone. I cant deal with that , I can except death but not ZERO afterlife. like why then WHATS THE POINT.
    To enjoy today, and what is? Perhaps enjoy tomorrow and what could be?

What's the alternative? Kill myself and hurt the people who care about me who are still alive?

MBTI
    LGBT
    Enneagram
    469 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post

What's the alternative? Kill myself and hurt the people who care about me who are still alive?
    Depends on who you ask, Ive never found the methods of some of the messengers to be honest or effective, but like many such things Ive found that the bad examples of faith tend to scream the loudest.
    I am the Cat who walks by themself; and all places are alike to me...

For the cat is cryptic,
    and close to strange things which men cannot see.
    They are the soul of antique Aegyptus,
    and bearer of tales from forgotten cities in Meroë and Ophir.
    They are the kin of the jungle’s lords,
    and heir to the secrets of hoary and sinister Africa.
    The Sphinx is their cousin, and they speak her language;
    but they are more ancient than the Sphinx,
    and remember that which she hath forgotten...

To the waters of the wild Siúil a Rún's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    496 sx/sp

in all seriousness, if you really believe that when you die there is NOTHING afterwards, how are most of you making it through the day? like that's it we just gonna be gone. I cant deal with that , I can except death but not ZERO afterlife. like why then WHATS THE POINT.
    If there is nothing on the other side, then there goes my neighborhood. Most of my friends are on the other side.

I wish I was on yonder hill 'tis there I'd sit and cry my fill, And every tear would turn a mill, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I'll sell my rock, I'll sell my reel, I'll sell my only spinning wheel, To buy my love a sword of steel Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.
    I wish, I wish, I wish in vain, I wish I had my heart again, And vainly think I'd not complain, Iss guh day thoo avorneen slawn.

MBTI
    LGBT
    Enneagram
    469 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenetta View Post
    If there is nothing on the other side, then there goes my neighborhood. Most of my friends are on the other side.

How do they find it? in general?

For the cat is cryptic,

Likes Siúil a Rún liked this post

MBTI
    YMCA
    Enneagram
    952 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Luminous View Post

Honestly, life often feels like a cruel joke. If nothing changes in my life, after the people I'm closest to go, I will be far more likely to kill myself. The thing that keeps me hanging on is that people who care about me, who I care about. I'd never want to hurt them that way.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

Perfect chains are the ones which cannot be seen because you are not aware that you already have ones on you hands, legs and in your mind so you think what others want from you to think without any rational thinking process. Question everything. Believe nothing. Know it.

Life Path 4. True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

MBTI
    LGBT
    Enneagram
    469 sp/sx

For the cat is cryptic,

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp
    Socionics
    LIE Te

They don't end slavery. They just perfect it.
    Life Path 4. True Neutral 8 1 6 3 7 5 Teexcellent>Niexcellent>Figood>Tigood>>>>Siaverage>Fe unused
    The most sacred of the duties of a government [is] to do equal and impartial justice to all its citizens." --Thomas Jefferson
    ===Logical Crusader===

Dail [or Daer] ú-[o] chyn [or fyn/thyn] [?] Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannatha le failad.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by Justin of Flavia Neapolis View Post
    One such Western convert to Buddhism exhorted me not to use the term "Enlightened" to describe what the True Light does to His Israel, as the Buddha somehow copywrote the term when he described his state of contentment to be called "Enlightenment."

How curious then that during the "Enlightenment" period of the West, one such fraternity of schemers called themselves the "Illuminati" as an inversion of the Christian "Illuminated," and to depose the Monarchial order of the day, and to install their own vision of a Secular world order. Of course then, that same Buddhist won't have a problem with that era being called the "Enlightenment." It's only wrong if the Illuminated uses the term.

This isn't a pro-Monarchy post. I just found it interesting that the world vies to usurp the Light.

Except the Buddha did no such thing since the word “ Enlightenment” is well, English.

The original term is “ Bhodi”

“The English term enlightenment is the western translation of the abstract noun bodhi, (/ˈboʊdi/; Sanskrit: बोधि; Pali: bodhi), the knowledge or wisdom, or awakened intellect, of a Buddha.[1] The verbal root budh- means "to awaken," and its literal meaning is closer to "awakening." Although the term buddhi is also used in other Indian philosophies and traditions, its most common usage is in the context of Buddhism. The term "enlightenment" was popularised in the Western world through the 19th century translations of Max Müller. It has the western connotation of general insight into transcendental truth or reality.”

And of course, in other languages and sects it is different.

“insight (prajna (Sanskrit), wu (Chinese), kensho and satori(Japanese));[2][3] knowledge (vidhya); the "blowing out" (Nirvana) of disturbing emotions and desires and the subsequent freedom or release (vimutti); and the attainment of supreme Buddhahood (samyak sam bodhi), as exemplified by Gautama Buddha.“

I am skeptical of any Buddhist who holds such concrete and petty worldveiws, who cannot see beyond his own small-minded biases.
    “ Rise up and raise the iron roof off
    Now, Rise up and riot 'til the bomb drops
    Now, Rise up the time is right to sound off, so
    Rise with me, rise with me, rise with me (RISE UP!)”

MBTI
    xNTJ
    Enneagram
    153 sp/so

1. Seeing the natural end of consciousness as sad is an opinion rather than the fact.
    2. You were dead in 18th century and that wasn't a bad experience, so why freaking out about this ?
    3. Meaning is just an extension of human instinct that helps around making decisions. But outside of human brain it doesn't really exist.

Why ? Because you don't waste time on imaginary constructs. With accepting death for what it is you live with much lower stress and the drama that comes out of it. Reality is often much more fun when you see it for what it is. Plus doing good is genuine good only if you don't do it out of fear. While pretty much all spirituality is fundamentally a fear management, which is trying to solve something that isn't really a problem.
    Likes Abcdenfp liked this post