User Tag List

First 9171819

Yesterday, I was coming to an intersection in town where the homeless stand and beg for alms. I normally share money that I have, but I didn't have any to give at the time, so I turned and went the other way so as to not face them. 😔

Truth be told, I could've bought them lunch or something... I could've done something, anything, but I gave myself an excuse not to. Alms could be anything at all, yet I told myself that it has to be money, so when I didn't have any on me, I didn't do anything for them.

Alms giving is perhaps the best way to get back on the divine ladder yet I forsook it.... lesson learned

This is what a hypocrite looks like.

From today’s reading:

35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. (‬ Luke 6‬:35-36‬ NASB)
    χρήστος ανέστη

Likes StrawberryBoots, Radio Bob liked this post

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

With all due respect,
    The Cat.

I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...
    I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now.
    Who knows what goes on in the mind of a cat?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Justin of Flavia Neapolis View Post
    Yesterday, I was coming to an intersection in town where the homeless stand and beg for alms. I normally share money that I have, but I didn't have any to give at the time, so I turned and went the other way so as to not face them. 😔

Truth be told, I could've bought them lunch or something... I could've done something, anything, but I gave myself an excuse not to. Alms could be anything at all, yet I told myself that it has to be money, so when I didn't have any on me, I didn't do anything for them.

Alms giving is perhaps the best way to get back on the divine ladder yet I forsook it.... lesson learned

This is what a hypocrite looks like.

From today’s reading:

35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. (‬ Luke 6‬:35-36‬ NASB)
    Interesting. I never give to panhandlers or street people, ever. I do go home and make donations to organizations in my area who help these people in need. I also volunteer where I have something of value to contribute.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

I have been thinking that some type may be more vulnerable to be possessed by demons.
    Likes StrawberryBoots liked this post

our ancestors world was the tribe inside 4 walls; nowadays we live inside 4 walls and seek tribes in the online world
    Likes Cellmold, StrawberryBoots liked this post

A Bittersweet Symphony... The Cat's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

33But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness...

Ive always wondered why when doing this, so many "believers" try to paint you like your worse than the devil. I dont think the Kingdom is gonna look the way a lot of folks are expecting.

Luke 23:39-43

39 One of the criminals who were hanged railed at him,saying, “Are you not the Christ? Save yourself and us!” 40 But the other rebuked him, saying, “Do you not fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 And we indeed justly, for we are receiving the due reward of our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong.” 42 And he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” 43 And he said to him, “Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

I know I'm just another criminal hanging on a tree. Please remember me when you come into your kingdom Jesus. -_-
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

I am the Cat who walks by himself; and all places are alike to me...
    I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now.
    Who knows what goes on in the mind of a cat?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

I sometimes wonder if the belief in a higher power, or even the concept of spirit, or solidarity with the cosmos is nothing more than the symptom of being somewhat evolved meat bags floundering with an intelligence we are ill-equipped equipped to understand.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."

“What, more realistically, is this “mutation,” the “new man”? He is the rootless man, discontinuous with a past that Nihilism has destroyed, the raw material of every demagogue’s dream; the “free-thinker” and skeptic, closed only to the truth but “open” to each new intellectual fashion because he himself has no intellectual foundation; the “seeker” after some “new revelation,” ready to believe anything new because true faith has been annihilated in him; the planner and experimenter, worshipping “fact” because he has abandoned truth, seeing the world as a vast laboratory in which he is free to determine what is “possible”; the autonomous man, pretending to the humility of only asking his “rights,” yet full of the pride that expects everything to be given him in a world where nothing is authoritatively forbidden; the man of the moment, without conscience or values and thus at the mercy of the strongest “stimulus”; the “rebel,” hating all restraint and authority because he himself is his own and only god; the “mass man,” this new barbarian, thoroughly “reduced” and “simplified” and capable of only the most elementary ideas, yet scornful of anyone who presumes to point out the higher things or the real complexity of life.”
    -from Nihilism: The Root of the Revolution of the Modern Age by Seraphim Rose
    χρήστος ανέστη

After examining the parallels between the theology of the Trinity and the Buddhist concept of “interbeing,” [Thich Nhat Hanh] takes issue with the man regarded by millions as the foremost exponent of the Christian tradition—Pope John Paul II. In his recent book, Crossing the Threshold of Hope, John Paul II states that:

Christ is absolutely original and absolutely unique. If He were only a wise man like Socrates, if He were a “prophet” like Mohammed, if He were “enlightened” like Buddha, without any doubt He would not be what He is. He is the one mediator between God and humanity

Quoting this passage, Thich Nhat Hanh comments:

This statement does not seem to reflect the deep mystery of the oneness of the Trinity. It also does not reflect the fact that Christ is also the Son of Man. All Christians, while praying to God, address Him as Father. Of course Christ is unique. But who is not unique? Socrates, Mohammed, the Buddha, you, and I are all unique. The idea behind the statement, however, is the notion that Christianity provides the only way of salvation and all other religious traditions are of no use. This attitude excludes dialogue and fosters religious intolerance and discrimination. It does not help.
    https://elblogdewim.files.wordpress....ing-christ.pdf