• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Random Spiritual Thought Thread

Peaceful Anarchist

MBTI Type
INFJ
It seems like most of the problems in the world - most human atrocities at the personal and societal level - all come from people executing their sense of justice. It's all punishments.
Yes, and you need to know if the sense of justice of anyone is really just or not, as an anarchist

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is not a popular opinion, but:

I don't think people should be able to execute justice on an individual level. I don't think people have good judgement.

Take gossip. How many people believe that, and enjoy spreading that and listening to that, without caring about whether or not it's true? I can see something like this being the information gathering network for vigilantes. I'd imagine more harm than good being done when I think about how reliable gossip is.

Last edited:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

I don't think people should be able to execute justice on an individual level. I don't think people have good judgement.

Take gossip. How many people believe that, and enjoy spreading that and listening to that, without caring about whether or not it's true? I can see something like this being the information gathering network for vigilantes. I'd imagine more harm than good being done when I think about how reliable gossip is.
yeah, the neighborhood app really bugs me too. :(

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Nextdoor is a vigilante app - 100%. Just putting it out there.

I don't think individuals should execute justice (no matter how much the media applauds them for it). But people not caring if something is true or not isn't going to be resolved until people start caring if something is true or not.

The Cat

Staff member
Nextdoor is a vigilante app - 100%. Just putting it out there.

I don't think individuals should execute justice (no matter how much the media applauds them for it). But people not caring if something is true or not isn't going to be resolved until people start caring if something is true or not.
It really does feel like that. I joined it when my cat went missing, and left within a month, it was very upsetting. I've definitely noticed the friendliness of the neighborhood drop like the stock market in 1929, things seem more Orwellian than they used to. Like just a bunch of cop calling trolls egging each other on towards what seems from the outside looking in to be a hategasm?
Like no one seems to be on there to help their actual neighbors with seemingly anything.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It really does feel like that. I joined it when my cat went missing, and left within a month, it was very upsetting. I've definitely noticed the friendliness of the neighborhood drop like the stock market in 1929, things seem more Orwellian than they used to. Like just a bunch of cop calling trolls egging each other on towards what seems from the outside looking in to be a hategasm?
Like no one seems to be on there to help their actual neighbors with seemingly anything.
Oh it's very alarming, My parents live in a 55+ community and they have one. It is all Ring doorbell narcs and breathtakingly stupid white people that have nothing else to do but try to get the neighbors arrested and maybe killed because they have more than 10 pieces of flair in their flowerbeds.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We have a community group on FB (closed to neighborhood members).

There is definitely stuff that goes on here -- foot traffic walks through on its way elsewhere and there have been car break-ins and stuff stolen out of front yards, enough that I'd recommend never leaving bikes, tools, and similar outside at night.

The group is generally okay, but every so often it'll get on some kick about things similar to, "Some black guy is walking through our neighborhood and paused to look at our yard, he is very suspicious has anyone else seen this person be on the lookout!!!" and so forth. I was kinda shocked when at least ten different people in this neighborhood would go on the mob warpath.

Lately it's been more quiet.

I agree about NextDoor, it's kind of nuts. Although the neighborhood I see the most (right next to ours) will often have gunshots at night or fireworks, and people are posting how someone moved an AC unit out of a window to get in at night while the owners were sleeping, etc. That kind of thing, people should legitimately be nailing window frames in place to avoid that kind of intrusion.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been reflecting on the role of negative emotions, and how so many religions and philosophies are focused on doing away with them. I don't agree. I believe in facilitating nature and not fighting it. There is a reason for every emotion and a way to optimize and facilitate it.

For example: rage and fear. These are precious emotions that enable us to survive a predator. To lose the ability to feel rage and fear is to have emotional leprosy and it leads to death. The negative emotions are like wild horses that need to be brought into moderation and control, but it's absurd to reject them outright. Suppressing either leads to many of the psychological disorders.

I've been struggling with fear and rage towards my neighbor who bullies me by pounding on the wall when I play a couple of chords on a small harp. The rest of the neighborhood is super loud with low riders sans mufflers, power-tools and spotlights used all hours of the night, a trauma center across the street, and a fast food loud-speaker. I've wrestled with guilt for how much I hate this neighbor, but had a realization that I am rehearsing the ability to fight him and survive if he attacked me. I need a mindset to do whatever it takes to put enough hurt on him to stop him. I hope he will never attack me, and so the rage may never need to be utilized, but it is okay for me to feel it, to rehearse a purely instinctual, animal response to a predator. I have that right as a creature on the earth.

The Cat

Staff member
Christ commissioned the Church to serve the people and teach people the love, mercy, and freedom from judgment to be found through following his example by example and ministering to peoples physical needs. But never to rule the people. And certainly never to opress others in his name. Anyone telling you differently is preaching a different gospel than Christ. Like Israel in the times of the prophet elijah those who would be gods chosen have forgotten the face of their father and the covanents he made with them, in favor of idols they set up in the high places to worship as though they were gods. By the measure you have judged guilty the innocent so to you measure your own judgement upon yourself by your own tongue you condemn yourself in the name of a God you've never met nor worshiped as he asked you. “O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, the city that kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to it! How often would I have gathered your children together as a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you were not willing! See, your house is left to you desolate. For I tell you, you will not see me again, until you say, Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.

The Cat

Staff member
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places."

The Cat

Staff member
I will remember the face of my father.
Sometimes the wisest thing to say is nothing.
We find what we look for. One Way or Another.
Faith without works is dead.
The future is all around us, waiting in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation.
We have been living in an age of transition. Prepare for the moments of revelation.

The Cat

Staff member
I am an ant upon the fingertip of something beyond my comprehension.​