• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Random Spiritual Thought Thread

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I'm not sure what you're referring to, so what you're saying doesn't make much sense to me, but go ahead and claim victory if that's what you're after, because I've lost interest and really don't feel like wasting any more of my energy on this.
I'm not interested in "winning" when I speak on anything. I'm just characteristically blunt, candid, and open to discussing things objectively, but it's two sided. In other words, I would not be offended or defensive had the situation been reversed, as I do not mind being told that some information I'm speaking on is inaccurate. Accuracies and inaccuracies say nothing about an individual. Thus, I derive nothing from a sense of "winning," as I am not interested in proving I'm right, there is no sense of pride when being accurate says nothing about an individual; I'm only interested in being right, as in accurate, which sometimes means saying I am wrong. Nobody knows everything. I'm only interested in truth/accuracy for the sake of truth/accuracy. I tend to be rather impersonal and impartial in things like this.

I would clarify, but you've said you're not interested, so...enjoy the rest of your day/night.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wonder if there’s a way to send a tiny bit of my energy to the near future - say, exactly a year from now - and then call it back to myself. I’m going to test this theory today.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
“Also, seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.”

— Jeremiah 29:7

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wonder how many / if any of my friends i have known in previous lives.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i also wonder if one's gender identity is at all linked to previous lives.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i also wonder if one's gender identity is at all linked to previous lives.
I have been wondering the same thing, assuming past lives are even real. It would explain alot.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it was a moral violation to sentence Aileen Wuornos to death, although complicated by the fact she was pushing for it. They had to let her pass a psych evaluation the day before. She was clearly not fit to stand trial and was criminally insane. My heart breaks for her on one level, while acknowledging that she did cause suffering. Mental illness needs to be understood and addressed in society.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So I hear the theoretical physicists have worked out the math to determine that we exist both inside and on some sort of "holographic" event horizon of reality a bit like we have already fallen inside a black hole? It would explain a lot.

:huh:
:unsure:
:shock:

:shrug:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Hear why William Shatner is ‘overwhelmed by sadness’ after space flight​

[video=youtube;qCFJktZnjjE]

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What if the idea that not everyone had a soul was real, and there was a limited amount of souls to go around? What would distinguish the soulful from the soulless? Does the rapid increase of the human population make this effect more obvious? What constitutes as having a soul? I do sometimes wonder if people actually "exist", and are not just echos of what has come before. I wonder if some people are a pre-programmed entity with a limited amount of possible dialogue options. It is both terrifying and curious to consider.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
The Congregation of Christ was never meant to join a political party or seek earthly power...you have no idea how just how much you really were used or the cost you will pay. Your witness is corrupted and your credibility is shot. It will take generations to make up for that golden calf you set up for yourselves....​

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*that moment you realize turning the other cheek brings out the worst in people*

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
More to the point: "“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also.”

This is actually concerning advice that shows a lack of understanding of human psychology unless the purpose is to get people to be unduly submissive to harmful people.

When raising children, it is important to show proper boundaries and consequences when they misbehave. If a child throws a tantrum and hits the parent and the parent turns the other cheek, this individual will not learn how to be loving or moral. It is the way to create a cruel person.

People who exhibit the most harmful behaviors - people with cluster B personality disorders that show high ego and low empathy, are typically arrested in their development. There are aspects of their psychology stuck at the child, toddler, or infant levels. Because they are adults with experience and abstract reasoning, they are not innocent like children and responsible for their behavior.

In the same way it doesn't teach a child kindness to allow misbehavior, I would strongly suggest the same is true for arrested adults. Don't turn the other cheek, but set a clear boundary. Teach the person the behavior that is allowed, create a boundary with reasonable consequences, and make it impossible for them to be guilty of hurting you.

Last edited:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It seems like most of the problems in the world - most human atrocities at the personal and societal level - all come from people executing their sense of justice. It's all punishments.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
It seems like most of the problems in the world - most human atrocities at the personal and societal level - all come from people executing their sense of justice. It's all punishments.
There can be no justice without it being tempered with mercy. Otherwise the punishment is just revenge abuse.