First 7151617

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    487 sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

A less "risky" post...

Well-being we receive or think we receive, depends less on us, than well-being we give or think we give. And to be happy, we should theoretically desire others' well-being as we perceive it.

And this time I don't speak religiously, even if I think I do speak spiritually. I just rationalize the origins of natural charity.

(My definition of one's happiness is basically "enjoying what he desires")
    Likes StrawberryBoots liked this post

Do you know that we're supposed to love ourselves? The Bible says to love your neighbor as you love yourself.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryBoots View Post
    Do you know that we're supposed to love ourselves? The Bible says to love your neighbor as you love yourself.
    If only most people could do either

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Pythagorean's believed that the universe was actual musical in its movement, I have always said that when I die I would like to become on singular perfect musical note floating through space, If Pythagoras was indeed correct my death wish maybe granted .

Quote Originally Posted by Abcdenfp View Post
    Pythagorean's believed that the universe was actual musical in its movement, I have always said that when I die I would like to become on singular perfect musical note floating through space, If Pythagoras was indeed correct my death wish maybe granted .
    Doesnt sound any crazier than string theory when you think about it.

Presently I like the idea of Quantum Immortality.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Doesnt sound any crazier than string theory when you think about it. Presently I like the idea of Quantum Immortality.
    I love when you introduce me to new concepts. This one is a little hard for me to wrap my brain around but investigating , I love any multi universe/dimension theories.
    the concept of the reminds me of the end of HBO series The left overs when she gets in the bubble. It was so interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Abcdenfp View Post
    I love when you introduce me to new concepts. This one is a little hard for me to wrap my brain around but investigating , I love any multi universe/dimension theories.
    the concept of the reminds me of the end of HBO series The left overs when she gets in the bubble. It was so interesting.
    Well, string theory as I understand it, which is not entirely by any stretch, is that the universe could be a vibration similar to that of a string, which could be a harp or other string instrument I guess and from there you have your tenuous link to the Pythagoreans if you like.

Quantum immortality is an idea I find interesting for its dealing with the idea of "anything that can happen does happen" idea of the multiverse, like the decision tree episodes of Community in which Abed talks about rolls of the dice etc.

Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    ARCH

A good talk by Hieromonk Kosmas of Australia and the Rationalism and Prelest that pervades even in the spiritual communities of today. Rationalism is actually a worldview which was espoused during Middle Aged western Europe. Rationalism itself is a worldview taken apart easily by applying the transcendental argumentation to it. It presupposes Materialism, and denies the existence of Metaphysics. There is a reason the Protestant Reformation began in the late-Middle Ages/Renaissance era. Rationalism rejects the Eucharist as evident in Calvinistic sects of the modern day. From that, it was only a step away from rejecting God altogether. This Western mindset or "Phronema" now pervades the known-world influenced by the West.

There's a point in which Rationalism goes into pure stupidity in order to explain away spiritual phenomena. The other day I had an encounter with how dumb Rationalism can get:

There's a debate in the field about the awareness of the experience, not only in human, but other living creature. If it quacks like a duck, etc, is it really a duck, or just an AI of a duck? How to ever infer that, in any other life form?
    There is a reason Russia and Eastern Europe is denigrated by Western Media. Lord have mercy on us and keep us from prelest and spiritual pride. Amen

χρήστος ανέστη