• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Random Spiritual Thought Thread

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Say what you will about humanity's insignificance in the universe, but as far as we know, we're the most interesting thing going on anywhere.

tony_goth

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
You do not find the most humble people at churches. You find them at places where the mentally ill are highly represented.

This is not a perfect theory, but still real experience. No joke.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My impression is that "New Age" is the Country Buffet of religions. Take a scoop of this, take a scoop of that, pile it on your plate and say your prayers.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
To me the more time i spend in nature the closer i feel to source, and the deeper my sense of wonder and interconnectedness grows, we are worlds within ourselves and every single interaction is a part of multiple universes in play.

I find those who value their connection to all other living beings sentient or not have higher levels of "awakening" GOD/UNVIERSE .. is natural organic and not stagnant constantly creating destroying rebuilding , inventing.. Cycles.. speak to me in cycles.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To me the more time i spend in nature the closer i feel to source, and the deeper my sense of wonder and interconnectedness grows, we are worlds within ourselves and every single interaction is a part of multiple universes in play.

I find those who value their connection to all other living beings sentient or not have higher levels of "awakening" GOD/UNVIERSE .. is natural organic and not stagnant constantly creating destroying rebuilding , inventing.. Cycles.. speak to me in cycles.

Makes sense - life is cyclical by nature, when you think about it.

I’m not the best at communicating what I know and feel intuitively, but many of the insights I’ve gained in recent years come from the “Conversations with God” book/audiobook series by Neale Donald Walsch. If you haven’t read/heard these volumes before, I highly recommend them.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Makes sense - life is cyclical by nature, when you think about it.

I’m not the best at communicating what I know and feel intuitively, but many of the insights I’ve gained in recent years come from the “Conversations with God” book/audiobook series by Neale Donald Walsch. If you haven’t read/heard these volumes before, I highly recommend them.

I can have a hard time articulating how I feel but I am also a strong intuit and feel quite deeply, I feel connected to people who i have never met or with energies. Its strange sometimes to describe. Will definetly check out this recommendation. A lot of my journey has included Alan Watts his recorded lectures and talks are amazing, i do learn quite in a spiral sense ( will post article i wrote about that another time) but i don't believe learning is linear especially when it comes to these subjects.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I often find myself in a trance whenever I’m brisk walking outside. It helps me calm down a little (and dial back on the constant paranoia that everyone hates me :laugh:). Then again, I suppose it’s not so hard to fall into a trance when I’m walking around inside a quiet suburban neighborhood complete with bike/walking paths, ponds and groups of trees scattered here and there.

Whenever I’m missing a place from my past or am daydreaming about some creative writing idea, I can use that “trance-like” mode to focus on these things. It’s a sweet little meditation of sorts that I don’t need to close my eyes to see...

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I can have a hard time articulating how I feel but I am also a strong intuit and feel quite deeply, I feel connected to people who i have never met or with energies. Its strange sometimes to describe. Will definetly check out this recommendation. A lot of my journey has included Alan Watts his recorded lectures and talks are amazing, i do learn quite in a spiral sense ( will post article i wrote about that another time) but i don't believe learning is linear especially when it comes to these subjects.

Oh wow, Alan Watts is another legend right there :) and yeah I agree, learning doesn’t need to be linear at all. In fact, when I was first introduced to the CWG series in India 5 years ago, I started out reading through the second book first! And far from getting lost, I was in fact able to pick up the concepts so clearly that I almost didn’t need to read the first book at all (although it’s also a good eye-opener).

EDIT: There are two more people I recall whose talks and books have strongly influenced my current way of thinking. The late Dr. Wayne Dyer (his lecture “The Power of Intention” should still be available on YT iirc), and Anita Moorjani (author of “Dying to be Me”).

tony_goth

Pseudo-delusional Rebel
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
The sin of Fundamentalist Catholics, at least materially, is what I call simony. I used to think simony was a sin from the past, I was wrong.

Simony is basically selling spiritual favours commercially. In the Middle Ages you might see some people who try to sell... permissions to eat meat on fridays. Really.

But Fundamentalists' simony is way worse. They say/think things like :

- "don't listen the Modernist/Post-conciliar Catholics, you'd go to Hell if you listen to them, the Pope is sinful, blablabla..." (because we have a Bishop that's wiser than the Pope, the Pope is a left-winger)

- "don't watch TV, don't play video games, don't listen popular music" (because we sell non-sinful entertainment)

- "you might go to Hell if you don't vote for that far-righter, because he's the only presidential candidate to be against abortion" (we work for him)

- "do make 10+ children" (they'll expand our movement and become clients to our boarding schools)

- "put your children to that expensive 'Catholic' boarding school, even if it means you disable the heating at home on Winter" (we want your money or we'll let you go to Hell)

- "you shouldn't marry if you're mentally ill" (because we think your disability makes you unable to care of a family, don't marry because it's what we think the general interest)

- "you must marry another Fundamentalist" (otherwise you'll go to Hell with your children)

- "we're Traditionalist, not Fundamentalist" (because the mass medias are a bunch of left-wingers)

- "never work for any pharmacy, it's sinful because you'll sell abortion pills, but the best job is being a cop" (we need regalian officials to make us untouchable)

- "we care about Down Syndrome because there is a researcher among us" (classic far-righter virtue-signalling, like having a gay friend means you're certainly not homophobic)

- "goths don't look like anything" (because White Power skinheads do)

- "you're with us, you have the honor to belong to a spiritual elite" (enough said...)

- "don't read Saint Thomas Aquinas, it's too complicated for you" (I read it and discovered some priests lied to me)

- "We're not racist, we've got a few Black people with us" (and they have Fundamentalist missions in Africa)

- "you're an elderly who'll die in a few months ? give all your life savings to Church, we're here to educate people spritually, more seriously than anyone else" (... I know a far-right politician who did almost the same to become rich)

Enough said even if it's not enough said, I'm able to talk about them for hours.

The Fundamentalist sect I used to hang out with (for 10+ years) was at best a shady private company, and at worst a criminal organization.

Humanly, it's not as terrible as the mass medias says, but still today I'm harrassed by feelings I might go to Hell.

A woman was an expert of sects, and she told me the Fundamentalists bosses live in luxury and cover up pedophile priests.

Why is it simony ? Because they act like they sell you Heaven. Like "give us your life and your money otherwise you'll go to Hell"

I might have been offended in an exceptionally grave way, and others way more, but God was way more offended. You sell food for money, you sell shoes for money, you sell consumer electronics for money. You do not sell God for money. Period.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
So regarding the question by [MENTION=36353]Aerix[/MENTION]...what purpose does spirituality serve? What do you gain from it?

Personally, spirituality allows me to walk through this world confidently, knowing that no matter what comes or goes, it's all temporal and all a part of my educational journey through this realm of existence. I will go on living long after I leave this temporal plane or "Shadow Land," as C.S. Lewis called it. In my culture, we speak of all things being connected, because they are, in a way that is invisible to the non-spiritual person. Once it becomes visible or the moment you say, "But I can see it and I'm not spiritual," you have stepped into becoming spiritual. I believe being spiritual is a part of being alive, that we ARE spirit beings, we each have a mind and we each inhabit a body as a sort of vehicle that allows us to interact with the physical world and have experiences. It's as if we are from another realm but we come into this one to learn things we can't learn there. So, since we ARE spirit beings who come from the spirit world then to deny spirituality is to deny our origins, our ancestors and our descendants. When I say spirituality, I do not mean religion. A person may be religious and yet not be spiritual or a person may be both spiritual and religious. Many people confuse the two. They are not even close to being the same thing. There are rules to the spiritual universe just as there are rules to the physical but they have nothing to do with the countless rituals humanity imposes upon people. True spirituality transcends all of that stuff. True spirituality is realizing who you are, what you are and what you're capable of.

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Semantics create so much unnecessary polarity. Instead of people trusting their own humanity, they rely on abstract principles and laws to defend some sense of entitlement that they have. Essentially, they need power dynamics to ensure that someone else's needs lose to theirs. It's funny because everybody is doing this, and everybody has to not or nothing will work. People are too afraid of loss, and it makes them think they want certain things and that those things are "right," even though letting go is sometimes the best way to get what you really want.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think the most offensive thing we can say to God is that He created beings that are less than perfect. Which would mean that God is imperfect.

Prove me wrong, I dare you.

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think the most offensive thing we can say to God is that He created beings that are less than perfect. Which would mean that God is imperfect.

Prove me wrong, I dare you.

That's what I never understood. If "God" is love, how can there be sin? That would be self-hate. That's why I always had the impression that the essence of God (which I think transcends religions and their personifications) was twisted and hijacked by humanity in order for them to manipulate and control other people. It's just where they're at, though. I don't think anyone can be shamed or indoctrinated into wisdom.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That's what I never understood. If "God" is love, how can there be sin? That would be self-hate. That's why I always had the impression that the essence of God (which I think transcends religions and their personifications) was twisted and hijacked by humanity in order for them to manipulate and control other people. It's just where they're at, though. I don't think anyone can be shamed or indoctrinated into wisdom.

Precisely. :) Such enlightenment can only be found through love, not fear (for feelings such as anger, guilt and shame ultimately all arise out of fear).

I also believe hell doesn’t exist. If it does, it’s created by us here through war and injustice.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I also believe hell doesn’t exist. If it does, it’s created by us here through war and injustice.

Which begs me to ask: Why are we here? Is this some kind of test? How do we overcome this test? What are the hidden rules we must comply with if we are to reach a benevolent place afterwards?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Precisely. :) Such enlightenment can only be found through love, not fear (for feelings such as anger, guilt and shame ultimately all arise out of fear).

I think you're on track there to something similar to me...as I think even good atheists can find heaven. But I think God does have a hell, but this hell is reserved for truly bad people like say Hitler or Jeffrey Dauhmer. People with no heart whatsoever. Even though there lacked justice on earth, God bring justice for victims this way...

- - - Updated - - -

maybe I struggle with the idea that my predator won't face some eternal damnation for what he did. God's justice is a consoling thing to me...like where earth fails, God prevails.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Say you stole something from the store not of necessity, and your parent disciplines you by grounding you. This doesn't mean your parents don't love you anymore, it means they want to raise you to do things right.

Now I do think man has warped what sin is to manipulate and create division. I do not think "sin" is so black and white as many make it.

GoggleGirl17

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Say you stole something from the store not of necessity, and your parent disciplines you by grounding you. This doesn't mean your parents don't love you anymore, it means they want to raise you to do things right.

Now I do think man has warped what sin is to manipulate and create division. I do not think "sin" is so black and white as many make it.

This might be a dead end conversation because I don't believe there is right or wrong, just different perspectives.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=26674]Norrsken[/MENTION] I believe that we aren’t here as part of some test or learning experience. I believe we’re here to fully experience ourselves as the spiritual beings we truly are - nothing more, nothing less. No matter what circumstances we face, no matter how powerless we may feel at times, we can rise above it all. And it’s not as difficult as we may think either, once we start to realize that we don’t have to go through it all alone. Because we are all connected... we are all one. That’s why having friends and/or family who love us for who we are has a HUGE impact on where we stand. :hug: :heart:
[MENTION=33903]Red Memories[/MENTION] - I know, admittedly it’s still hard for me to accept at times as well. The idea that hell does not exist has the power to turn our theological notions upside-down - we do want to see justice for all the acts of evil we see in the world.

If this helps at all, there are still natural consequences for the actions we take, so long as we’re part of the material realm through the cycle of reincarnation. Karma still exists as an “unseen” law of the universe, and even if we don’t see consequences in this lifetime, they will show up in a future lifetime for the perpetrator(s). Either way, what a person is experiencing now or in the future is not for us to judge, as we can never know for sure what a soul is going through, why, or whether such experiences are “deserved” or not.

The “no hell” concept is one that’s explained far more eloquently in “Conversations with God, Vol. 2”, so feel free to reach out to me directly and we can discuss it further. :hug: :heart: