User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Someone quoted this at me today - "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." That was to justify America being involved in all the middle East nonsense in support of Israel. I told him that that was the Old Testament and applied to just Jewish people at the time. Since we have the New Testament, now that verse applies to Christians and not Jewish people. The response was that that was "replacement theology" and it was really evil of me. I've never heard of this term, but I'm looking into it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Even in the one authored by Jefferson?
    He didn't author one, just edited it, and I doubt he removed all the cherries, or all the pits.
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. ~ Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    He didn't author one, just edited it, and I doubt he removed all the cherries, or all the pits.
    I prefered Tolstoy's Gospel in brief anyway.

Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Crunch View Post
    Someone quoted this at me today - "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you." That was to justify America being involved in all the middle East nonsense in support of Israel. I told him that that was the Old Testament and applied to just Jewish people at the time. Since we have the New Testament, now that verse applies to Christians and not Jewish people. The response was that that was "replacement theology" and it was really evil of me. I've never heard of this term, but I'm looking into it.
    Holy Tradition is that The Church is the new Israel. Zionism is inspired by Darby’s 19th century heterodoxy. In other words, it is a "tradition of man."

Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post

Christ is in our Midst.
    Today, the Feast of the Ascension of our Lord God and Savior Jesus the Christ is celebrated on the fortieth day after the Great and Holy Feast of Pascha. Since the date of Pascha changes each year, the date of the Feast of the Ascension changes.
    Wishing everyone a Beautiful day full of His Love, Blessings and Grace. God Bless.

Likes StrawberryBoots liked this post

Post Human Post
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    That's the thing about the Bible, there is such an enticingly large variety of cherries to pick.
    Yes, I grew up as a Bible Cult Christian, I'm highly aware of that. I sat through many a multi-hour session of fringe Christians hurling scriptures at each other as a lad. It was a very early lesson on how one's interpretation (cherry picking) can nearly justify nearly anything in a person's heart. That understanding prepared me for the Internet.

Tomorrow is the Feast of the Pentecost. Happy Birthday to The Church!
    God Bless!

Likes StrawberryBoots liked this post

self murderer
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    EIE

My dreams have to mean something.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Isk Stark View Post
    Tomorrow is the Feast of the Pentecost. Happy Birthday to The Church! God Bless!
    God is great. He created our universe which is accelerating away from itself at every point in every direction, and at the furthest reaches is accelerating away faster than the speed of light, and so lost to us forever.
    Likes Justin of Flavia Neapolis liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Crunch View Post
    Those words were spoken by the God of the Bible to Abraham. They were directed SPECIFICALLY TO Abraham. Applying that statement to the entirety of Israel (particularly the modern state of Israel) is stretching the text a bit too much.
    Repeat after me: "Wocka, wocka, wocka". See? That wasn't so hard, now was it?
    Likes Grand Admiral Crunch liked this post