• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prayer Request Thread

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
My friend John has a doctor's appontment tomorrow for some medical problems he's been dealing with.

A co-worker of mine's wife, Yasmine, has chemotherapy cancer treatments she is about to start.

If you believe in prayer, send these up for me. :)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Not really a believer, but I sent a couple of prayers up for them. Even if the odds are 1 against infinte it would be worth it, if it can make a difference.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
though I am more agnostic about prayer than anything else, my dad had surgery today.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If you believe in God, and he turns out to not be real, then you have lost nothing, but if he is real, you've gained everything.

I choose to believe. Pray on, everyone.

notjeffgoldblum

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't believe in the power of prayer, but I do believe in the power of positive thinking. I also believe I can alter my reality through my thoughts, so I will surely try to do this to help your friends out OP.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Here's my polite request that this NOT turn into a debate on the existense of God or any sectarian divisions. Anyone is welcome to post requests here, and I think we have other topics for those other discussions. Thanks. :)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Edit: Retarded post I was responding to was deleted by the poster, so I have removed my reply.

I wish only but the best for those in the OP, though I'm not religious.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Here's my polite request that this NOT turn into a debate on the existense of God or any sectarian divisions. Anyone is welcome to post requests here, and I think we have other topics for those other discussions. Thanks. :)
Well in that case..

*cough* SP Personal Threads *cough*

Usehername

On a mission
Well in that case..

*cough* SP Personal Threads *cough*

No, he titled it generically, not for his prayers only. I'm pretty sure he meant it to be a continual thread for religious forum members to ask for prayer. Which means anyone is welcome to read it, anyone looking for prayers or saying they'll pray for someone can post, but everyone else is kindly asked to find another thread to post in.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
IMO, it's fine here. If it were only about Jeffster's prayers for his friends then SP PT would be a great place for it, but it's open for anyone. I don't see it as any different from a recipe thread in the home/garden/cooking channel. It would be fine to ask that any discussions about the merits of cooking food vs. eating it raw go to other threads and keep the recipe thread format intact.

Did I just totally overthink this? I think I may have just totally overthunk this. Oh, well.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Lovely idea, Jeffster. I'll pray for your friends, and for Eileen's dad.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
If you believe in God, and he turns out to not be real, then you have lost nothing, but if he is real, you've gained everything.

I choose to believe. Pray on, everyone.

Well said. My sentiments exactly.

They'll all be in my prayers tonight.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Friend who is alone and has had a lot of health probs has had her power shut off and is facing possible eviction later this week. Please pray for her. And pray for me. I promised my husband i wouldn't take anybody else in because we really can't afford it financially or logistically, but it's hard because I really want to offer.

Will pray requests mentioned above and :hug: to all.

Usehername

On a mission
Friend who is alone and has had a lot of health probs has had her power shut off and is facing possible eviction later this week. Please pray for her. And pray for me. I promised my husband i wouldn't take anybody else in because we really can't afford it financially or logistically, but it's hard because I really want to offer.

Will pray requests mentioned above and :hug: to all.

:( I'm sorry, Cafe. That's a tough spot to be in as a friend. I'll pray about that.