• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prayer Request Thread

foolish heart

MBTI Type
ISTP
I need some prayer. I've been through a long, emotionally dark period of life, which God has used to draw me to Him. I feel my life is on the rise and gonna be "back on track" in a matter of months. I don't need prayer about my past, but about the present and my future. It is the times when I feel everything is going well that I forget about what I'm doing effects my relationship with God. It's when everything is going great that I have always been most susceptible to temptation. I ask that if you choose to pray for me, please ask that I will have the fortitude to look to God when I don't feel like I need help, that I wont be so blessed that I forget where it comes from, that I can rise above the same temptations that I have succumb to so many times before, and most importantly that I can learn to glorify God no matter what. Thank you!

Helios

MBTI Type
INTP
Is this the place to ask others to pray for my unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice, envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness, gossiping, slandering, hating of God, insolence, haughtiness, boastfulness, inventing of evil, disobedience to parents, foolishness, faithlessness, heartlessness, ruthlessness and homosexuality to be cured?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Is this the place to ask others to pray for my unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice, envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness, gossiping, slandering, hating of God, insolence, haughtiness, boastfulness, inventing of evil, disobedience to parents, foolishness, faithlessness, heartlessness, ruthlessness and homosexuality to be cured?

Sure.

Lightyear

Can you please pray for me? It's after 4am here and I am still awake and can't sleep because I am in such emotional turmoil and feel like I am on the verge of a panic attack. I have had strong mood swings in the last few months due to the situation I am in and really want to be calm instead of feeling regularly on the verge of tears.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Of course Lightyear, and I hope you are able to settle down tonight and find peace on the reg.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My friend John has a doctor's appontment tomorrow for some medical problems he's been dealing with.

A co-worker of mine's wife, Yasmine, has chemotherapy cancer treatments she is about to start.

If you believe in prayer, send these up for me. :)

Sent Express Mail to the Big Man above. :run:
I wish your friends the best, Jeffster, and super speedy recoveries too. :)

musicnerd93

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
It's a little late, but just an update about my cousin I had you guys pray for.

She is doing SO much better, she's in a lot of pain, though. They were able to remove the tumors and her surgery didn't take as long as they had planned. She's gonna be okay.

Thanks for the prayers. :)

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That's great news. I'm glad for your family.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I'd like to request prayers for strength and comfort for my family. Noah and I just made the decision to put down our dog, Eli, before his health declines any more. We are going to tell the children tomorrow afternoon and then take him in Monday morning. I dread this whole process and I know the kids will be devastated. They've both loved this dog since they were babies.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Pray for my iphone 4. I dropped it in the toilet... (don't ask).

I'm serious.

:(

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
I'd like to request prayers for strength and comfort for my family. Noah and I just made the decision to put down our dog, Eli, before his health declines any more. We are going to tell the children tomorrow afternoon and then take him in Monday morning. I dread this whole process and I know the kids will be devastated. They've both loved this dog since they were babies.

Will do. I'm sorry about Eli, Ivy. I'll be thinking about your babies, I know they'll really be hurting.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
So I [jokingly] asked people to pray for my iPhone 4 after I accidentally fumbled it into the toilet like three weeks ago... It didn't come back to life, but Apple did exchange it today for free. I didn't have insurance or anything on it either. They simply waived the $200 price tag, which I went in expecting to pay. Made my day :D

TopherRed

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hey y'all. Prayer for joy in my home; my grandparents are perpetually depressed, and though I've been pressing full strength against the negative "vibes", I find they keep coming back like weeds unpulled by the roots.

I, on the other hand, am doing extremely well. Praise Him! :)

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Just so people understand prayer works. the intention behind prayer is much like synchronicity, of being aligned with positive intentions to expand upon the energies that send those manifestations of energy.

Have you ever wondered where the symbolism is from? The whole lot, the greeting, the clasping of the hands, the bowing, the many various forms of traditional effects that are in place are cleansing energies. Meant to refocus the energetic alignment of your effectiveness towards sending and receiving intentions. Much like saying a prayer before a meal, its cleansing the energy to be free to form. Which is very much in tune to how mediation functions too, you send out intentions of focus through your mind and this energy is the focal point at which you clear your mind of stress and worry. And send frequencies through the visualisation of alignment to your energy and the intentions you are most connected to.

The primary reason why prayer would remain undelivered, (or slowed and delayed in transmission to minutes, hours, days, weeks months, years-decades) is energy and the alignment of your energy with your intentional synchronicity to send out those energies that you intend. Which means that there is a disconnect from yourself and if you will the conduit for that transmission to take place because you don't believe it. This is primarily from a lacking energy state that is in negative alignment to your own energy. And as most people are disconnected from themselves first, whether religious, spiritual or not, then the energy is much too much diffuse and delayed in response times.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Please pray for one of my old students, Alex. He is 20, is caring for a grandmother with Alzheimers, and most of their immediately family members are alcoholics. He is the peacemaker in his family and just can't take the stress - cardiac pains, stomach problems, headaches, no sleep, unable to eat regularly. This has been going on for years. He doesn't have any real options and is coping by self-medicating with weed.

Last night he posted suicidal stuff on facebook. I think he'd really do it as he was the one that found his cousin hanging from a tree outside their house a couple of years ago. I spent a bunch of this evening talking on facebook with him and then he asked me to call his house. He was crying and so, so scared. He just needs to know that someone in the world cares whether he lives or dies. Everyone there just suggests getting high or drunk with them, but they won't listen to him. His cousins run one of the big gangs in town.

I think he's okay for the moment, but he's in a toxic environment and can't survive unless he leaves and gets a support system somewhere else that will help him through the hard parts. He's already tried going to Winnipeg, but all of the agencies give such a runaround that it wasn't possible to make it for long (I've dealt with this before - being directed to call five or six different places, getting no action or conflicting information). He didn't even have money for lunch at school. He won't consider rehab - obviously is scared. He is afraid of burdening other people with his problems and wishes someone in his family would care after all the care he has given them. They aren't going to because there's just nothing left over to give. He's not got anyone he can trust. His grandparents raised him (the grandma, who was the closest thing to a parent figure, is the one that now has Alzheimers and says terrible, cutting things to him. His grandpa, dad and uncles are alcoholics. His mother abandoned the oldest three kids when he was little and has only seen them once since. His dad is very intelligent and would be a good father, but kind of fell apart after that, but is now in a dysfunctional relationship with another woman and has three kids with her).

I taught him and his siblings and cousins for several years. He's an excellent guitar player and a thoughtful, perceptive person who wants to care for his family. Please pray for a sense of peace to surround him, for sleep without nightmares and for him to realize he is not alone. If any of you want to write a note, you can PM it to me and I will make sure he gets it. I know it's strange to do that, but he just needs to know that there are people out there who care.

G

Ginkgo

I'm having surgery Wednesday of next week. It's not serious, but it's not going to be pleasant either. :sadbanana: