User Tag List

123 Last

Default What do you believe?

What religion do you follow, if any? Do you believe in God? Do you believe something else?

Did you have any experiences in your life that have shaped your beliefs?

Feel free to discuss whatever you are comfortable with. I am just very curious about all of this.
    Likes Xann, lightsun, jamain liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    What religion do you follow, if any? Do you believe in God? Do you believe something else?

Did you have any experiences in your life that have shaped your beliefs?

Feel free to discuss whatever you are comfortable with. I am just very curious about all of this.
    I am not religious, but I look forward for the posts in this thread. It could be really interesting.
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers, Frosty liked this post

My beliefs very well summed up:

Saturn's Amethyst
    MBTI
    ENxP
    Enneagram
    749 so/sp

If I had to sum up my beliefs its very complicated but basically I think all spiritual and religious things have equal existence like Abrahamic God and Zeus and Loki are all to me valid entities that exist but I think they kind of feed from belief and worship so Abharmic God with a few billion worshippers (I count Christians,Muslims and Jews as all worshipping the same God just doing it differently a bit like cooking as you can steam,grill,fry,bake e.t.c but the general principle remains the same) is the most powerful in essence. As for me personally I dont practice any religion but I do pray to God and try my best to follow basic Christian ideals that just happen to crisis cross with my outlook on life.

Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar

I believe in one God, Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible.

And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages;

Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten, not created, of one essence with the Father through Whom all things were made.

Who for us men and for our salvation came down from heaven and was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary and became man.

He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, and suffered and was buried;

And He rose on the third day, according to the Scriptures.

He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father;

And He will come again with glory to judge the living and dead. His kingdom shall have no end.

And in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Creator of life, Who proceeds from the Father, Who together with the Father and the Son is worshipped and glorified, Who spoke through the prophets.

In one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church.

I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.

I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the age to come.
    Amen.

Likes Xann, magpie, Frosty liked this post

I was raised an unbaptized and non-practicing "Christian" who had ever only went to church a couple of times before with other relatives. I remember my parents telling me that as long as I'm a good person, everything would be fine. Besides that, I was still told to pray everyday and I used to enjoy reading my children's Bible for fun. Then I became a teenager and started questioning everything I ever once believed in, and through that became an agnostic and eventually an agnostic atheist.

I was an agnostic atheist, weak to strong, for a quite a while, but consider myself more along the lines of just an agnostic now. I now see God as a metaphor for seeking ultimate meaning, reaching enlightenment perhaps, and also depicted in a way to describe the universe itself, but not as an objective truth. Mainly to find yourself in this world by reaching some form of enlightenment, and through that you'd find the great divine yourself. I view every religion as innerconnected and similar at their core, all reaching the same end goal of worshipping a higher power of some sort and being their own version of enlightened, but believe religion itself to be a man-made fabrication. I suppose I consider it a deep spiritual connection of divinity, of reaching a greater understanding of oneself and humanity. I'm not sure what to even call this, but the label doesn't really matter much to me.

Regardless, I find religion interesting and enjoy reading and learning about its many various forms. I find myself these days enjoying Pagan beliefs and the idea of working with magic and the astral plane. I am also fond of Taoism and carry the Tao Te Ching in my purse to read whenever I get antsy, hah, but I don't consider myself a follower of anything, really. Well, except yoga and veganism, since some consider those a form of religion, although I consider them philosophies. In my case I suppose they can be since I'm an avid practitioner of both, but I don't follow anything else in particular. However, I'd still like to continue developing my own spiritual practice and get to a place where I am more than satisfied with it.

ornery ornithologist citizen cane's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I believe in miracles.

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    614 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    I believe in miracles.
    This is the song I sing to Nutter.
    Likes Xann, citizen cane, Frosty, Bella the Cat liked this post

ornery ornithologist citizen cane's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

In all seriousness, I was raised Protestant and still actively attend services. Theologically, however, my beliefs lean more toward humanist and/ or Unitarian. I try to follow the golden rule and not be a dick if I can summon the willpower.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

About God: If there is a God, I think that the odds of him being me are very high.

About the afterlife: I believe that I will exist forever. If I die, it will be like going to sleep and then waking up. I doubt that there is a reward or punishment waiting for the dead based on how they lived their life. There isn't such a reward or punishment here in ordinary life, and I don't see why that would suddenly change when someone becomes a corpse.

About morality: I reject ethical codes, including those supposedly handed down from a higher being, almost on principal. I just follow my conscience, which I think is my best shot at peace of mind.

About the soul: The peculiar thing about the soul is that it is, for its owner, totally invisible. I can not see or touch or even accurately picture mine. So does it really exist? That's the question each person faces.
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]
    Likes Frosty liked this post