• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you believe?

Breathing

Thinking about religion and existence always makes me come away with more questions than answers. There is so much I don't understand about life (and I would love answers to my questions). I pretty much subscribe to optimistic nihilism, even though the viewpoint doesn't keep the occasional existential dread from popping up here and there. It is unnerving to think that when I die my consciousness might disappear. I don't look forward to that possible darkness. I personally want to see what humanity is doing, say, 4,000 years from now, and to continue learning and experiencing new things. Sometimes it's even scarier (and somewhat exciting) to imagine that there actually is an afterlife that could be nothing like we are capable of imagining.

At the end of the day I think religions are capable of giving people wisdom to help themselves and others. I appreciate the visual art inspired by different religions. I have no interest in living by a one though. If any of them were true for certain, I think it would be well known by now (or obvious). Being in nature is the closest I get to something spiritual honestly.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
24ryc9.jpg

Mole

Permabanned
But I also question that. It is very easily to be critical about something so I rather like to explain, to improve. It is harder. ;)

"You can have a lot of ISFJ as the most common type who does not walk on path to be housewife. And what does it tell you about MBTI? We are all different even if we are same type because ISFJ 1w2 136 sx/sp will never be same as ISFJ 2w1 216 sp! Ignorance of people is stunning!" :D

DWNniHnXUAEr-Fw.jpg

Why not start your questioning of mbti with questioning the qualifications of Mrs Briggs and Mrs Myers, did they have any qualifications in Psychometrics?

Did they plagiarise mbti from the book by Jung?

Was the personal diary of Jung hidden in a locked safe for more than 70 years to hide his psychosis from his faithful followers?

Did Jung have a father fixation on the Fuhrer, and did Jung take his orders from Reich Marshall Hermann Goering?

Did Jung sexually abuse his female patients?

So are your really prepared to question mbti?

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I believe what is proven to me to exist in reality, nothing more or less. :)

Mesmeric_Moon

Soul Reaver
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Agnostic leaning towards atheism.
No spiritual or religious beliefs in the traditional sense, instead my worldview consists of mostly temporary assumptions about how the world works built upon premises I've accepted at a certain point in time for whatever reason and sometimes even those premises are substituted with others that seen more plausable that the ones I held as true before.
My family is Christian, well my parents are, but it's more of a tradition thing than anything else, in a way I'm more closely familiar with its ideology then they are, having made an effort to learn about it and understand it on my own initiative, but I've discovered that it's not in my nature to uphold beliefs of that sort.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We will never learn enough by the time humanity reaches it's end.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm an areligious atheist. I haven't seen anything that can prove to me there's a higher power, and I'm very skeptical toward that idea so I assume there's not. But I don't really think about spirituality or religion much, it's mostly irrelevant to my life.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I believe what is proven to me to exist in reality, nothing more or less. :)
I accept the validity of what has been shown to exist in reality. I reserve belief for those things that I accept without proof.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What if I told you there was no end to humanity?

Traditional humanity might reach it's ending soon, thanks to the amazing buildings of the new human robots. It will be predicted that our consciousness could simply be implanted into a machine, hence a new era of humanity.
But will we learn all, anyway? No matter how many decades and centuries fly by us? That's what I'm wondering. Dying by age 100 is still too soon, in my opinion, to know all there is to life, and it makes me feel shades of sadness for some reason.

41U2o1TDJWL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Traditional humanity might reach it's ending soon, thanks to the amazing buildings of the new human robots. It will be predicted that our consciousness could simply be implanted into a machine, hence a new era of humanity.
But will we learn all, anyway? No matter how many decades and centuries fly by us? That's what I'm wondering. Dying by age 100 is still too soon, in my opinion, to know all there is to life, and it makes me feel shades of sadness for some reason.

41U2o1TDJWL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

:( you think we will just all be placed into robots?

I think in the not too far distant future we will all have extended life spans. We’ll have to worry about overpopulating the earth but I think space travel will happen and we will colonize new planets. Maybe contact possible other humans?

Living too long actually may be the more depressing matter.

I hope we never get to the point where we have to become robots ourselves. To me that sounds like a way of giving up imo.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

It's either we do that or the robots overpopulate us. It'd be like the movie A.I. and we'll have a great war over this. Meat versus machine.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's either we do that or the robots overpopulate us. It'd be like the movie A.I. and we'll have a great war over this. Meat versus machine.

The way you phrase it already announces the winner lol

Mozzie610

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I'm an atheist. I believe that there's not enough evidence to show that there is a God, but if some came up, I would reconsider how I think. I don't believe in soulmates or everything happens for a reason or that there is any rhyme or reason to the world. To me, thats what makes our world and the people in it even more amazing. Our world exists solely by chance as does our life and because of that, it should be experienced and appreciated as much as humanly possible.

Mole

Permabanned
I'm an atheist. I believe that there's not enough evidence to show that there is a God, but if some came up, I would reconsider how I think. I don't believe in soulmates or everything happens for a reason or that there is any rhyme or reason to the world. To me, thats what makes our world and the people in it even more amazing. Our world exists solely by chance as does our life and because of that, it should be experienced and appreciated as much as humanly possible.

Actually our living world, 4,000 million years old, rather than existing by chance, exists by natural selection, and has nothing to do with chance, read The Origin of Species and the Double Helix.

Mole

Permabanned

I think in the not too far distant future we will all have extended life spans. We’ll have to worry about overpopulating the earth but I think space travel will happen and we will colonize new planets. Maybe contact possible other humans?

Living too long actually may be the more depressing matter.

I hope we never get to the point where we have to become robots ourselves. To me that sounds like a way of giving up imo.

Under natural selection all large celled animals have a relatively short life span of their species, no more than a million years or so. The universe is at least fourteen thousand, thousand. thousand years old, so we are really a blink in time.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Under natural selection all large celled animals have a relatively short life span of their species, no more than a million years or so. The universe is at least fourteen thousand, thousand. thousand years old, so we are really a blink in time.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I accept the validity of what has been shown to exist in reality. I reserve belief for those things that I accept without proof.

What are those things?

Personally, the way I see it is that we can assume certain things, at least where we don't know, and this is where we might have beliefs, still seems like an inferior form of knowledge to me.

We haven't answered all the questions about humanity and the universe, but I think the more we know, the less we have to assume.