User Tag List

First 5678 Last

Thinking about religion and existence always makes me come away with more questions than answers. There is so much I don't understand about life (and I would love answers to my questions). I pretty much subscribe to optimistic nihilism, even though the viewpoint doesn't keep the occasional existential dread from popping up here and there. It is unnerving to think that when I die my consciousness might disappear. I don't look forward to that possible darkness. I personally want to see what humanity is doing, say, 4,000 years from now, and to continue learning and experiencing new things. Sometimes it's even scarier (and somewhat exciting) to imagine that there actually is an afterlife that could be nothing like we are capable of imagining.

At the end of the day I think religions are capable of giving people wisdom to help themselves and others. I appreciate the visual art inspired by different religions. I have no interest in living by a one though. If any of them were true for certain, I think it would be well known by now (or obvious). Being in nature is the closest I get to something spiritual honestly.
    Likes Frosty liked this post

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.
    Likes Population: 1, Norexan, Frosty liked this post

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Norexan View Post
    But I also question that. It is very easily to be critical about something so I rather like to explain, to improve. It is harder.

"You can have a lot of ISFJ as the most common type who does not walk on path to be housewife. And what does it tell you about MBTI? We are all different even if we are same type because ISFJ 1w2 136 sx/sp will never be same as ISFJ 2w1 216 sp! Ignorance of people is stunning!"

Why not start your questioning of mbti with questioning the qualifications of Mrs Briggs and Mrs Myers, did they have any qualifications in Psychometrics?

Did they plagiarise mbti from the book by Jung?

Was the personal diary of Jung hidden in a locked safe for more than 70 years to hide his psychosis from his faithful followers?

Did Jung have a father fixation on the Fuhrer, and did Jung take his orders from Reich Marshall Hermann Goering?

Did Jung sexually abuse his female patients?

So are your really prepared to question mbti?

I believe what is proven to me to exist in reality, nothing more or less.

Enneagram
    784 sx/so

Agnostic leaning towards atheism.
    No spiritual or religious beliefs in the traditional sense, instead my worldview consists of mostly temporary assumptions about how the world works built upon premises I've accepted at a certain point in time for whatever reason and sometimes even those premises are substituted with others that seen more plausable that the ones I held as true before.
    My family is Christian, well my parents are, but it's more of a tradition thing than anything else, in a way I'm more closely familiar with its ideology then they are, having made an effort to learn about it and understand it on my own initiative, but I've discovered that it's not in my nature to uphold beliefs of that sort.

self murderer
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    EIE

We will never learn enough by the time humanity reaches it's end.
    Likes Population: 1, Frosty liked this post

Enneagram
    gay sx/sp

I'm an areligious atheist. I haven't seen anything that can prove to me there's a higher power, and I'm very skeptical toward that idea so I assume there's not. But I don't really think about spirituality or religion much, it's mostly irrelevant to my life.
    low-key, no pressure
    just hang with me and my weather

Silent All These Years: My Private Blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I believe what is proven to me to exist in reality, nothing more or less.
    I accept the validity of what has been shown to exist in reality. I reserve belief for those things that I accept without proof.
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. ~ Buddha
    Likes Pasta, Frosty liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    NiFi
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI4 Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Nørrsken View Post
    We will never learn enough by the time humanity reaches it's end.
    What if I told you there was no end to humanity?
    Likes Frosty, Norrsken liked this post

self murderer
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    What if I told you there was no end to humanity?
    Traditional humanity might reach it's ending soon, thanks to the amazing buildings of the new human robots. It will be predicted that our consciousness could simply be implanted into a machine, hence a new era of humanity.
    But will we learn all, anyway? No matter how many decades and centuries fly by us? That's what I'm wondering. Dying by age 100 is still too soon, in my opinion, to know all there is to life, and it makes me feel shades of sadness for some reason.