• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Accused of assaulting 3 young girls, man says he's boy trapped in adult's body

Demons.

Joseph Roman, 38, is charged with predatory criminal sexual assault stemming from repeated attacks on three girls who were 6 to 8 years old at the time, according to prosecutors. Roman was a friend of the girls' families at the time of the attacks between 2015 and January of this year.

During a hearing Wednesday, prosecutors said Roman admitted to some of the attacks and told Chicago police "he is a 9-year-old trapped in an adult's body." He was ordered held without bail.

Accused of assaulting 3 young girls, man says he's boy trapped in adult's body - Chicago Tribune

Perhaps another contribution to The Spiritual Crisis in America

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
First thought: Well, he can spend the rest of his life in prison to grow-up into a fine young man.

Second thought: Even though I understand the severity of mental health is not one to be glossed over, I call complete and utter bullshit on this particular instance. Based on the article, it sounds like he manipulates his relationship as a perceived family friend to not only gain access enough to be within proximity (them feeling comfortable enough to stay with him temporarily) for the assaults to occur in the first place, but in the case of the 8-year old, to be entrusted to watch over the girl while her mother worked at night. There's to much assumed manipulation at play here, along with the predatory element in which things were carried out, for me to believe he thought himself to have a mental age, or capacity to reason and perceive, of a 9 years old -- Sounds like a typical pedophile, honestly.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
More demons:

Accused Priests Who Worked in the Archdiocese of Chicago

Accused priests, Chicago IL archdiocese

The spiritual crisis in America.

oh snap.

449.gif

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Remember when people gave Sinead O'Connor shit for calling out the Pope and Co. for their complicity in covering up sex abuse by priests?

It's a shame how SNL basically sided with her critics over that whole affair, and I don't think her career ever fully recovered from the damage.

K5Zgdf.gif

I even remember commentators making fun of her for it on some stupid VH1 show, years later.

Maybe we do live in a rape culture.

Jaguar

Remember when people gave Sinead O'Connor shit for calling out the Pope and Co. for their complicity in covering up sex abuse by priests?
I even remember commentators making fun of her for it on some stupid VH1 show, years later.

I don't think they were mocking the issue, I think they were mocking the way she responded to the issue.

"Wow, I'm an activist! I spent a whole 28 seconds 'fighting evil'. Then I ripped up a photo. Aren't I great?"

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think they were mocking the issue, I think they were mocking the way she responded to the issue.

"Wow, I'm an activist! I spent a whole 28 seconds 'fighting evil'. Then I ripped up a photo. Aren't I great?"

That would be very shortsighted and downright untrue though. She has been a lifelong activist about this issue for a reason. She herself suffered abuse as a child and she spent some time in one of those infamouse homes of the Magdalene sisters. The connection between child abuse and the Catholic church is a major theme in her life. That's far from attention grabbing for the sake of attention.

And she was severely crizicized for the SNL thing.

Jaguar

That would be very shortsighted and downright untrue though. She has been a lifelong activist about this issue for a reason. She herself suffered abuse as a child and she spent some time in one of those infamouse homes of the Magdalene sisters. The connection between child abuse and the Catholic church is a major theme in her life. That's far from attention grabbing for the sake of attention.

And she was severely crizicized for the SNL thing.

The video was 28 seconds. And I'll remember to get on a stage and shout "fight the real enemy" the next time I want to achieve a goal. I'm sure the problem will go away as soon as I do it.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The video was 28 seconds. And I'll remember to get on a stage and shout "fight the real enemy" the next time I want to achieve a goal. I'm sure the problem will go away as soon as I do it.

So either book a halfhour of broadcasting time or leave it be? If it drew attention to the issue at hand I'd say mission accomplished. Posters and memes basically do the same thing and are not supposed to replace books or long tv debates.

Lark

I wonder if there will be sex offending when you guys have finally succeeded in stamping out roman catholicism?

Oh wait, what if there's a whole range of examples of secular offenders and many roman catholics who've never ever been sex offenders? Perhaps, that's, I mean, maybe its... sectarian?! Maybe its like all that jew baiting that used to be popular when the protocols of the elders of zion said they were sacrificing babies they'd stolen from Christian families and stuff?

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder if there will be sex offending when you guys have finally succeeded in stamping out roman catholicism?

Oh wait, what if there's a whole range of examples of secular offenders and many roman catholics who've never ever been sex offenders? Perhaps, that's, I mean, maybe its... sectarian?! Maybe its like all that jew baiting that used to be popular when the protocols of the elders of zion said they were sacrificing babies they'd stolen from Christian families and stuff?

I don’t think anyone is claiming Catholics are more prone to be child abusers. This is about the RCC 's proven record of covering up abuse by its priests (and in the case of O'Connor she also said it defended or trivialized domestic violence).

Lark

I don’t think anyone is claiming Catholics are more prone to be child abusers. This is about the RCC 's proven record of covering up abuse by its priests (and in the case of O'Connor she also said it defended or trivialized domestic violence).

Do you know how many practicing Roman Catholics were involved in the final exposure of those cover ups? No, probably not, the RCC is a monolithic institution and not a faith community in the received wisdom of most liberals, in the case of both the trivializing of domestic violence and the actual sex offending the church, and it was wrong to do so, was not an opinion maker as it was an opinion taker, picking it up from the wider society, like I say its no excuse, but its a recognition of the reality and just how intractable and difficult a task it is to combat either issue.

Secularists kid themselves with the "Church, eh?" shrug act, its also self-congratulatory too, the sort of "that thing never happens with us/around here" which is music to the ears of preps of all descriptions.

I get tired of it but I should probably not respond if I dont want to be trolled in the first place. Its disappointing that incidents like that in the OP are exploited by people to promote their causes or get taken up as troll fodder.

Jaguar

Don't play dumb. Those perverts have been getting away with crimes against kids for decades while "Daddy" has covered their tracks. It's kind of like all those rich people you like to bitch about, getting away with shit. Only worse.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you know how many practicing Roman Catholics were involved in the final exposure of those cover ups? No, probably not, the RCC is a monolithic institution and not a faith community in the received wisdom of most liberals, in the case of both the trivializing of domestic violence and the actual sex offending the church, and it was wrong to do so, was not an opinion maker as it was an opinion taker, picking it up from the wider society, like I say its no excuse, but its a recognition of the reality and just how intractable and difficult a task it is to combat either issue.

Secularists kid themselves with the "Church, eh?" shrug act, its also self-congratulatory too, the sort of "that thing never happens with us/around here" which is music to the ears of preps of all descriptions.

I get tired of it but I should probably not respond if I dont want to be trolled in the first place. Its disappointing that incidents like that in the OP are exploited by people to promote their causes or get taken up as troll fodder.

I'm not on an anti-Catholic campaign and never made the claims you are attacking in your post. Please don't project things others here or off the forum have said unto me!

Lark

Don't play dumb. Those perverts have been getting away with crimes against kids for decades while "Daddy" has covered their tracks. It's kind of like all those rich people you like to bitch about, getting away with shit. Only worse.

What do you mean play dumb?

Like I said there were plenty of offences which were covered up by the church, social attitudes were different back then, a lot of them remain unchanged, and they were and are as inclined to victim blaming as placing the blame where it squarely belongs, with the offender, a lot of people did the wrong thing but firmly believing they were doing the right thing for families, the tactic of moving offenders around the place with supervision is one secular authorities use as much as the religious have done in the past, I hope the secular authorities have more success, really I do, because the consequences of sex offending is significant harm and the trauma usually takes about sex generations to disappear to any extent.

If you hadnt figured it out Jag most of the time when I mention the evil rich guys its a joke, I'm sure there are evil rich guys but pinning capitalism on a few evil rich guys is like blaming the motor car for the faults of a drink driver.

Lark

I'm not on an anti-Catholic campaign and never made the claims you are attacking in your post. Please don't project things others here or off the forum have said unto me!

I'm not projecting, I dont see the great and the good the forum calling it out for what it is, IDK, maybe all minorities are not alike in that respect.

Jaguar

I'm not projecting, I dont see the great and the good the forum calling it out for what it is, IDK, maybe all minorities are not alike in that respect.

"I don't see the great. " What great?
"and the good" What good?
"calling it out" calling what out?
"for what it is." For what 'what' is?
"maybe all the minorities" what minorities?

Tell it straight.