User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Huldah View Post
    You believe the Holy Spirit is a person, as well as God Himself, and not merely God's spirit in the same way that you have a spirit?

“For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.” 1 Corinthians 2:11

Is your spirit you? Does your spirit have it's own, separate consciousness? Is it a separate being from yourself that has a mind of it's own?
    1. Your questions belie straw man assumptions about the functioning of the holy trinity
    2. It's not a good idea to make complex determinations about God's being based on what humans are like. We have some of his attributes, but we are not him.
    3. The verse does not attempt to make that kind of complex determination. The purpose is not to make any significant commentary on the relationship of the Holy Spirit to the Trinity, but rather to make a simple observation about how the knowledge of God works.
    4. Because you have a far more simplistic understanding of the godhead it's very easy for you to pick out verses that aren't really about the godhead and use them to justify your position when the focus of the passage isn't the nature of the trinity. You just take advantage of the simple language and short-hand being used. It's not unlike arminians or even universalists that would point to john 3:16 and say, "see! God loves the whole world!" therefore they think everyone has choice in the case of the former or everyone is saved the case of the latter.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTP

So you are a Calvinist? How sad. You're basically a Roman Catholic.

Permabanned

So you are a Calvinist? How sad. You're basically a Roman Catholic.
    hahahahahaha

The reformers would roll over in their graves if they heard that.

That's not just theologically ignorant, it's historically ignorant.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    hahahahahaha

The reformers would roll over in their graves if they heard that.

That's not just theologically ignorant, it's historically ignorant.
    You keep Sunday sabbath, believe in eternal torment, the trinity, and the natural immortality of the human soul; you are a Roman Catholic in all but name.

Permabanned

But, I mean, to you all little "o" orthodox christians (aka just "christians") are all the same.

- - - Updated - - -

You keep Sunday sabbath, believe in eternal torment, the trinity, and the natural immortality of the human soul; you are a Roman Catholic in all but name.
    Like I said above

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
    But, I mean, to you all little "o" orthodox christians (aka just "christians") are all the same.
    1I have told you these things so that you will not fall away.
    2They will put you out of the synagogues. In fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God.
    3They will do these things because they have not known the Father or Me.
    John 16:1-3

22Believe Me, woman," Jesus replied, "a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.
    23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him.
    John 4:21,23

17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
    John 20:17

Permabanned

1I have told you these things so that you will not fall away.
    2They will put you out of the synagogues. In fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God.
    3They will do these things because they have not known the Father or Me.
    John 16:1-3

22Believe Me, woman," Jesus replied, "a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.
    23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him.
    John 4:21,23

17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
    John 20:17

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTP

Unfortunately this is a salvation issue. @Beorn ...... because this is a matter of worship; and if you worship the Roman Catholic, pagan, three-in-one trinity god, from ancient Babylon, then you are not worshiping the true God of the Bible, and you worship in vain.

8This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
    9But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
    Matt 15:8-9

Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar

Care to post a bibliography from your research?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Isk Stark View Post
    Care to post a bibliography from your research?
    No.
    Likes magpie liked this post