• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Trinity = Sun (Baal) worship

Beorn

Permabanned
You believe the Holy Spirit is a person, as well as God Himself, and not merely God's spirit in the same way that you have a spirit?

“For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.” 1 Corinthians 2:11

Is your spirit you? Does your spirit have it's own, separate consciousness? Is it a separate being from yourself that has a mind of it's own?

1. Your questions belie straw man assumptions about the functioning of the holy trinity
2. It's not a good idea to make complex determinations about God's being based on what humans are like. We have some of his attributes, but we are not him.
3. The verse does not attempt to make that kind of complex determination. The purpose is not to make any significant commentary on the relationship of the Holy Spirit to the Trinity, but rather to make a simple observation about how the knowledge of God works.
4. Because you have a far more simplistic understanding of the godhead it's very easy for you to pick out verses that aren't really about the godhead and use them to justify your position when the focus of the passage isn't the nature of the trinity. You just take advantage of the simple language and short-hand being used. It's not unlike arminians or even universalists that would point to john 3:16 and say, "see! God loves the whole world!" therefore they think everyone has choice in the case of the former or everyone is saved the case of the latter.

Huldah

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Instinctual Variant
sp
So you are a Calvinist? How sad. You're basically a Roman Catholic.

Beorn

Permabanned
So you are a Calvinist? How sad. You're basically a Roman Catholic.

hahahahahaha

The reformers would roll over in their graves if they heard that.

That's not just theologically ignorant, it's historically ignorant.

Huldah

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Instinctual Variant
sp
hahahahahaha

The reformers would roll over in their graves if they heard that.

That's not just theologically ignorant, it's historically ignorant.

You keep Sunday sabbath, believe in eternal torment, the trinity, and the natural immortality of the human soul; you are a Roman Catholic in all but name.

Beorn

Permabanned
But, I mean, to you all little "o" orthodox christians (aka just "christians") are all the same.

- - - Updated - - -

You keep Sunday sabbath, believe in eternal torment, the trinity, and the natural immortality of the human soul; you are a Roman Catholic in all but name.

Like I said above

Huldah

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Instinctual Variant
sp
But, I mean, to you all little "o" orthodox christians (aka just "christians") are all the same.

1I have told you these things so that you will not fall away.
2They will put you out of the synagogues. In fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God.
3They will do these things because they have not known the Father or Me.
John 16:1-3

22Believe Me, woman," Jesus replied, "a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.
23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him.
John 4:21,23

17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
John 20:17

Beorn

Permabanned
1I have told you these things so that you will not fall away.
2They will put you out of the synagogues. In fact, a time is coming when anyone who kills you will think he is offering a service to God.
3They will do these things because they have not known the Father or Me.
John 16:1-3

22Believe Me, woman," Jesus replied, "a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.
23But a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and in truth, for the Father is seeking such as these to worship Him.
John 4:21,23

17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
John 20:17

spam.gif

Huldah

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Instinctual Variant
sp
Unfortunately this is a salvation issue. :( [MENTION=5789]Beorn[/MENTION] ...... because this is a matter of worship; and if you worship the Roman Catholic, pagan, three-in-one trinity god, from ancient Babylon, then you are not worshiping the true God of the Bible, and you worship in vain.

8This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Matt 15:8-9

Beorn

Permabanned
I'm on my way out determining this is just another conflict within the western church.

:dry:

Pretty sure this conflict pre-dates the schism by 700 years or so.

But, hey if it helps you feel superior then believe whatever you want.