• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is typology a religion?

Is typology a religion?

• Yes

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Do you think typology is a religion? Why or why not?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Nope.

Religion should be about a relationship with a spiritual being/energy and through that, feeling connected to other living beings.

That in turn increases happiness and inspires caring, community and a sense of peace, trust and belonging. It gives meaning.

Typology is at best a tool to facillitate understanding which can help people to connect.

It would be like confusing the scalpel with the surgeon.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Given that this is a typology forum, you may get biased result, I think.

I don't think it is a religion, even at it worse. In that eventuality, it's just a tool for confirming pre-existing bigotries.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No, though it must be pointed out different typology theories reflect the philosophical baises of their authors and most people don't seem to be aware of it.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
....does no one else have a shrine of Jung in their living room?

Atomic Fiend

One can religiously adhere to Typology as much as they can to anything else. It still isn't a religion by any definition I can find or know of.

Mole

Permabanned
Mole clone? Mole Bot?
Our real name is Mbti Central but it. was changed to Typology Central for business reasons.

In fact Typology is the study of Types, any kind of types.

So once again we have been deceived, once for 70 years over Jung's diary, and twice over the very name of our site.

Lark

Our real name is Mbti Central but it. was changed to Typology Central for business reasons.

In fact Typology is the study of Types, any kind of types.

So once again we have been deceived, once for 70 years over Jung's diary, and twice over the very name of our site.

What business reasons?

Its my understanding that its typology central because the site isnt restricted to MBTI but includes Enneagram, more popular than MBTI at the moment, and Socionics, less popular than either Enneagram and MBTI at the moment.

My point's supported by evidence, you're isnt, this post being representative of your posting, you dont need nor support your points with evidence. Just something for you and everyone else here to consider Mole. Be seeing you.

Mole

Permabanned
What business reasons? Its my understanding that its typology central because the site isnt restricted to MBTI but includes Enneagram, more popular than MBTI at the moment, and Socionics, less popular than either Enneagram and MBTI at the moment. My point's supported by evidence, you're isnt, this post being representative of your posting, you dont need nor support your points with evidence. Just something for you and everyone else here to consider Mole. Be seeing you.
We were originallly named Mbti Central, but the Mbti business threatened to sue us if we didn't change our name.

Typology is not Psychometrics, it is the study of types, any types.

Deceive me once, shame on you, deceive me twice, shame on me.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No. Unless people decide to make it one I guess.

Then again, there are some people who could conflate it to be one. One ideology that is not a religion that I find gets weirdly mixed with religion is feminism. I've seen/heard quite a few people write or say something to the effect of "I'm not a feminist because I'm a Christian" or "I don't need feminism because I have God/Jesus." I don't know what definitions these people are using, but I don't see anything about either of those belief systems that directly negates the possibility of the other.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The Enneagram sometimes leans in a spiritual direction, but it never defines its spiritual terms. It has no theology to speak of.

Re: the MBTI, Socionics, etc, the answer is a clear no.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's technically not a religion, but none has ever actually proven the existence of MBTI physically just like none has ever proven the existence of God, so it's basically faith in its rawest meaning.

Mole

Permabanned
Typology is not a religion, it is study of types, any types of anything. Typology is not psychometrics or mbti, here we use the word 'typology' to conceal the fact that our real name is Mbti Central. So mbti is not a religion, but more of an old, world wide cult.

And the fact that deception is practised about our guru, Carl Jung, and deception is practised about our name, doesn't make us a religion, no, it is that such deception is completely ignored by our members which makes us a cult.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's technically not a religion, but none has ever actually proven the existence of MBTI physically just like none has ever proven the existence of God, so it's basically faith in its rawest meaning.

If you doubt Dario Nardi’s studies as just faith sure.

But I think MBTI is slightly a little more provable than existence of God since it covers a much smaller field.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I put not sure because some people’s lives are changed by MBTI whether they like it or not

it was said jokingly, of course