• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sensors interested in spirituality?

Freddy

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
My #1 myers briggs trillion dollar question...

Do you know, or have heard of, sensors who are also interested in spirituality?

I have an ISFJ sister who prefers long, deep, on-1-on, or small group conversations.
She just got a book about mindfulness and is very into it.

She seems to not totally grasp my rabbit hole ideas, but she's very interested.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Considering sensors are a sizeable population, yes. There are sensors interested in spirituality...

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There are some that are and some that arent's, same as Ns really. I'm personally not. I have read about mindfulness but I can't get into it at all because it's so opposite of how I naturally am (I can't accept impermanence).

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
:doh:Are you joking with this thread? Of course there are. Yall need to get out a little more and realize people are more than their MBTI type. :rolleyes:

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
I have wondered how ghosts can retain memories since they don't have physical brains.

Lark

I have wondered how ghosts can retain memories since they don't have physical brains.

Have you read much about the difference between mind and brain? There's some interesting stuff written about consciousness by physics and philosophers, the mind is more than the brain.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Survive & Stay Free said:
Have you read much about the difference between mind and brain? There's some interesting stuff written about consciousness by physics and philosophers, the mind is more than the brain.

Yes, there are interesting accounts from past life regression therapy of memories from a previous life that affect how some people behave today, especially phobias. I'm not sure current scientific knowledge can explain these events.

Lark

Yes, there are interesting accounts from past life regression therapy of memories from a previous life that affect how some people behave today, especially phobias. I'm not sure current scientific knowledge can explain these events.

I've read a couple of different books on consciousness, a lot of them are dismissive of past life or near death experience, they think they are hokum but equally some of them think its possible consciousness continues or can continue but memory can not, I wish I could remember the main title that I remember this from but I dont. It dealt with a lot of questions about whether or not there is a self independent of memory or if memory is the self or if memory would result in the destruction of the self if it had to bear it over the course of more than a single lifetime.

It was a recent book, published within the last year, the philosophy was complex and I admit to not understanding all of it and the physics was hard science physics too which I can not understand in its entirety either. It was interesting though because it sure did seem to put a lot of stead in theories such as quantum immortality which I had always considered to be just a theory, also multiverse theory, many worlds theory and some things which sounded suspiciously like buddhist or hindu theories about reincarnation or death and rebirth. I had read a philosopher giving a speech in some royal institute in the UK say that they considered this was a bad trend in physics, this and some of the intrusion of the God debates upon it.

It seemed to be saying that some of the story lines about decisions or choices, a roll of the dice, creating alternative realities in Community could be fact rather than an interesting story line/plot of a single episode. Community was awesome but I never thought of it as breaking that sort of ground.

Personally the idea of quantum immortality is huge for me, it is much of what I believe religiously, combined with some theorising in a recent book on Bioshock and philosophy, explaining the sacrifice of a character in one of those games (which I thought was similar in some ways to a quantum Jesus) actually made sense of predestination or fate and grace in ways I have generally not considered valid.

Its all theory though. Perhaps its ephemoral anyway.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My #1 myers briggs trillion dollar question...

Do you know, or have heard of, sensors who are also interested in spirituality?

I have an ISFJ sister who prefers long, deep, on-1-on, or small group conversations.
She just got a book about mindfulness and is very into it.

She seems to not totally grasp my rabbit hole ideas, but she's very interested.

I would suggest you take this question of yours, this observation, a step or two further. Dig into the “why?”. There are many aspects of spirituality that may draw various types of people to it. They may have particular needs that must be met, through their investigations of spirituality or through the acts of it, whatever those may be. If you simply stop yourself at the level of observation, without seeking out the underlying motives or reasons why people find interest in this or that, I am afraid the results you will obtain will not be all that conclusive. Take art for example. The fine arts, performing it, making it, theorizing on art, non of that is strictly within the realms of sensors or intuitives. Now, there may be particular reasons sensors appreciate art, and there may be differing reasons why intuitives appreciate art, maybe their reasons are the same, maybe you could draw the line between other, more subtle differences between those people such as socioeconomic status, whether or not they had access to or were surrounded by the arts growing up for example. But it’s these sorts of questions, approaching that initial observation you’ve discovered, that I think will garner you more insight into better understanding people as a whole.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
An interesting Tesla quote:

"My brain is only a receiver, in the Universe there is a core from which “We” obtain knowledge, strength and inspiration. I have not penetrated into the secrets of this core, but i know it exists. – Nikola Tesla"

So basically, Tesla thinks there's a cloud of knowledge somewhere and our brains have some sort of wi-fi type connection to this database of knowledge. That may become reality in the very near future.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Was an atheist for a long time, drifted toward Taoism and Confucianism and have now settled on Episcopalian Christianity.

I consider myself spiritual, yes :)

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Of course Sensors can't be spiritual. They can't comprehend, let alone, take interest in immaterial matters.... But seriously, Yes we can be spiritual, even the "skeptical" NT's can.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course Sensors can't be spiritual. They can't comprehend, let alone, take interest in immaterial matters.... But seriously, Yes we can be spiritual, even the "skeptical" NT's can.

:D: :hi: