• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Is Your Value to Life And Existence? (IGNORE the poll questions)

Your life value on a scale of 1 to 10

• Lowest value

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Highest value

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

DarkMin

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w1
No. Some may be a 10, some may be a 1. It's subjective and goes beyond title and certificates of achievement.

The trouble with subjective impressions is that there is no hard and fast rule in the universe. What's a 10 for one person is a 1 for another - and vice versa.

It's a brave person who can exist in the resultant chaos. And maybe that's why certificates have a spurious value.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's impossible for me to say.

Lots of things are relative. To the venus fly trap you take care of, as well as to your family, the rating is probably high. Whereas to someone unrelated to you, that rating is probably low. It's hard to think of this stuff in purely quantitative terms.

I understand what you're saying I think, and I get this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I'm not sure it's possible to quantify with accuracy.

The only way you could quantify it, I think, would be to see how things are connected to each other, like the venus fly trap you take of, how is it connected to other organisms? I suppose if you look at it like that, from the pov of ecosystems, ie things being connected in the web of life, you can quantify it but I would really have to be a biologist to be able to answer...

It's not about my value to a venus flytrap, but my value to life. An Ni-dom such as [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION] probably knows what I'm talking about. When feelings and intuitions are raised to the cognitive level they speak to whatever abstract symbols the feelings and intuitions represent. There is life in particular, such as a venus flytrap. And there is the abstract concept of life that represents all of the particulars.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But do you make things happen?

I think yes I do. If I were to guess, it's probably a combination of ideas, results orientation and influence on the people close to me. I'm tolerant and fair but push others to become better.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I think yes I do. If I were to guess, it's probably a combination of ideas, results orientation and influence on the people close to me. I'm tolerant and fair but push others to become better.
Counsler Troy on the starship enterprise of life?
Im more of a Geordi myself...those positronic quantum flux hyper drives aren't going to repair themselves.

*rolls up starfleet uniform sleeves*

Digital Lion

But every individual measures "life" and what would constitute life's objective judgments differently, therefore making this question utterly subjective...if that's understood, then from where I stand and what motivates me most in this life (an ascendancy to a specific type of quantifiable power and authority within my realm of expertise and greater sphere of existence), life is currently judging me as a strong 6, acknowledging the gains I've made within a relatively short time being alive despite damning obstacles, and undoubtedly allowing for growth potential and a higher rating once all is said and done.

Lark

Or is the 36 Tzadikim he is talking about? 72 in total, 36 hidden, 36 of the tribe of Israel, to each generation born, their deaths would surely usher in the apocalypse but then I've said too much... ;):newwink:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
No. Some may be a 10, some may be a 1. It's subjective and goes beyond title and certificates of achievement.

While there is some subjectivity, objective values exist. what if your life was saved by a doctor or paramedic?

Mole

Permabanned
iI am an end rather than a means.

I am not a means for the ends of life, rather life is a means to.my ends.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Not a thing. No, I don't have self-esteem issues.

We are talking about " Life" in general. As in that spark which resides in every plant and animal for the past 6 billion years. My life is not even worth notice. Nor any number of crazy dictator who believes they have reign over any bit of life.

Someday they'll be dead the same as you and I and life itself will keep going without pause.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Counsler Troy on the starship enterprise of life?
Im more of a Geordi myself...those positronic quantum flux hyper drives aren't going to repair themselves.

*rolls up starfleet uniform sleeves*

Wat?

Mesmeric_Moon

Soul Reaver
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To say that life outside of ourselves can value us human beings, is to anthropomorphize life.
The only way life makes such value judgments is through us as a conscious life form, so when someone chooses a number on your scale, in a sense that's life making judgement on its own worth.
As it follows everyone is an authority of the worth of their own life, no matter the criteria they might see fit to use, although quite often we do like to assume such authority over the life of others.