• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Is Your Value to Life And Existence? (IGNORE the poll questions)

Your life value on a scale of 1 to 10

• Lowest value

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Highest value

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
01001000 01101001 01100111 01101000 00100000 01100101 01101110 01101111 01110101 01100111 01101000 00101110

...unless I misunderstand the poll format. ;)

Ignore the poll.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I don't think life rates "value".

In Soviet Russia life values you ?

On topic : dunno what this is about. Somedays I'd rate "life" 3/10, sometimes a solid 7, especially when I'm not working :D

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In Soviet Russia life values you ?

On topic : dunno what this is about. Somedays I'd rate "life" 3/10, sometimes a solid 7, especially when I'm not working :D

If life could value you on a scale of 1 to 10, what is your rating?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But what does that...mean?

Try thinking outside of the box. What values do you provide that support life? The sun provides sunshine, for example. The sun is rated 10.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
If life could value you on a scale of 1 to 10, what is your rating?

Man, what a though question. Everything above 5/10 would be pretentious.

From my subjective viewpoint & cultural context : 7/10. "I do my best" (trying to do good, being kind, ... fascilitating other peoples lives within my limited power...)
As I know understand the question I would give doctors and the likes the highest rating.

From the perspective of the universe : 0/10. Entirely indifferent to me, if not hostile.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Try thinking outside of the box. What values do you provide that support life? The sun provides sunshine, for example. The sun is rated 10.

I see.

But with respect to other humans though? Are you asking whether different people have different levels of worth or is it more like trying to get people to think?

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Man, what a though question. Everything above 5/10 would be pretentious.

From my subjective viewpoint & cultural context : 8/10. "I do my best".
From the perspective of the universe : 0/10. Entirely indifferent to me, if not hostile.

From the persepctive of the universe though, the sun is probably also a 0.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Humans a 0? We have the capacity to influence or create a lot of environmental change on this planet. In the grand cosmic scheme however, that doesn't amount to much.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
life is unfamiliar with concepts (such as value)... in life there are three states: living, nonliving, and difficult to define... life's primary goal seems to be preservation of information... given my information is still active and capable of replication, i assume i am as valuable to "life" as any other thing that hasn't begun replication, but is still capable....

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see.

But with respect to other humans though? Are you asking whether different people have different levels of worth or is it more like trying to get people to think?

Since I thought this up I've been trying to form the best way to ask the question. I'll ask it this way: If life could rate you on a scale of 1 to 10, what would your rating be? I'm assuming that nobody provides 0 or less value to life. I personally play a small role in helping with this country's defense system in terms of its computer operations. I don't give to charity, but I do nurture a small venus flytrap, take care of the yard and plants, and help my wife take care of a small family. I'm not a huge philanthropist by any means, nor do I fight for the rights of trees and whales. What is my rating?

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since I thought this up I've been trying to form the best way to ask the question. I'll ask it this way: If life could rate you on a scale of 1 to 10, what would your rating be? I'm assuming that nobody provides 0 or less value to life. I personally play a small role in helping with this country's defense system in terms of its computer operations. I don't give to charity, but I do nurture a small venus flytrap, take care of the yard and plants, and help my wife take care of a small family. I'm not a huge philanthropist by any means, nor do I fight for the rights of trees and whales. What is my rating?

It's impossible for me to say.

Lots of things are relative. To the venus fly trap you take care of, as well as to your family, the rating is probably high. Whereas to someone unrelated to you, that rating is probably low. It's hard to think of this stuff in purely quantitative terms.

I understand what you're saying I think, and I get this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I'm not sure it's possible to quantify with accuracy.

The only way you could quantify it, I think, would be to see how things are connected to each other, like the venus fly trap you take of, how is it connected to other organisms? I suppose if you look at it like that, from the pov of ecosystems, ie things being connected in the web of life, you can quantify it but I would really have to be a biologist to be able to answer...

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm the Rock of Gibraltar. I get some points for that at least. Someone once told me that good things seem to happen around me and thats probably true. Maybe I am a catalyst to make things happen. That's worth something as well.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
From a spiritual perspective I think this life as a physically and mentally healthy human is extremely valuable and lucky to have.

I do believe in Samsara and the Buddhism goal of Nirvana. Therefore this life seems like a good opportunity to have a go at it while doing as many good deeds as possible (accumulate good karma). I do meditate everyday for the purpose of attaining Dhyana with the end goal of Nirvana in mind. But my progress has been limited because I meditate too little.

Did anyone else have a similar answer? Should I feel unique? Did I get the OP's question right? If not does my answer sound silly?

Are questions I would bother me if I am e6. But e6 I am not.

*Dramatically leaves thread*