• Highest value

6 85.71%
First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w1

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    No. Some may be a 10, some may be a 1. It's subjective and goes beyond title and certificates of achievement.
    The trouble with subjective impressions is that there is no hard and fast rule in the universe. What's a 10 for one person is a 1 for another - and vice versa.

It's a brave person who can exist in the resultant chaos. And maybe that's why certificates have a spurious value.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    It's impossible for me to say.

Lots of things are relative. To the venus fly trap you take care of, as well as to your family, the rating is probably high. Whereas to someone unrelated to you, that rating is probably low. It's hard to think of this stuff in purely quantitative terms.

I understand what you're saying I think, and I get this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I'm not sure it's possible to quantify with accuracy.

The only way you could quantify it, I think, would be to see how things are connected to each other, like the venus fly trap you take of, how is it connected to other organisms? I suppose if you look at it like that, from the pov of ecosystems, ie things being connected in the web of life, you can quantify it but I would really have to be a biologist to be able to answer...
    It's not about my value to a venus flytrap, but my value to life. An Ni-dom such as @highlander probably knows what I'm talking about. When feelings and intuitions are raised to the cognitive level they speak to whatever abstract symbols the feelings and intuitions represent. There is life in particular, such as a venus flytrap. And there is the abstract concept of life that represents all of the particulars.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by anticlimatic View Post
    But do you make things happen?
    I think yes I do. If I were to guess, it's probably a combination of ideas, results orientation and influence on the people close to me. I'm tolerant and fair but push others to become better.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think yes I do. If I were to guess, it's probably a combination of ideas, results orientation and influence on the people close to me. I'm tolerant and fair but push others to become better.
    Counsler Troy on the starship enterprise of life?
    Im more of a Geordi myself...those positronic quantum flux hyper drives aren't going to repair themselves.

*rolls up starfleet uniform sleeves*

But every individual measures "life" and what would constitute life's objective judgments differently, therefore making this question utterly subjective...if that's understood, then from where I stand and what motivates me most in this life (an ascendancy to a specific type of quantifiable power and authority within my realm of expertise and greater sphere of existence), life is currently judging me as a strong 6, acknowledging the gains I've made within a relatively short time being alive despite damning obstacles, and undoubtedly allowing for growth potential and a higher rating once all is said and done.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Or is the 36 Tzadikim he is talking about? 72 in total, 36 hidden, 36 of the tribe of Israel, to each generation born, their deaths would surely usher in the apocalypse but then I've said too much...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Deadpan View Post
    No. Some may be a 10, some may be a 1. It's subjective and goes beyond title and certificates of achievement.
    While there is some subjectivity, objective values exist. what if your life was saved by a doctor or paramedic?

Permabanned

iI am an end rather than a means.

I am not a means for the ends of life, rather life is a means to.my ends.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Not a thing. No, I don't have self-esteem issues.

We are talking about " Life" in general. As in that spark which resides in every plant and animal for the past 6 billion years. My life is not even worth notice. Nor any number of crazy dictator who believes they have reign over any bit of life.

Someday they'll be dead the same as you and I and life itself will keep going without pause.
    Likes Lark liked this post