MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I see.

But with respect to other humans though? Are you asking whether different people have different levels of worth or is it more like trying to get people to think?
    Since I thought this up I've been trying to form the best way to ask the question. I'll ask it this way: If life could rate you on a scale of 1 to 10, what would your rating be? I'm assuming that nobody provides 0 or less value to life. I personally play a small role in helping with this country's defense system in terms of its computer operations. I don't give to charity, but I do nurture a small venus flytrap, take care of the yard and plants, and help my wife take care of a small family. I'm not a huge philanthropist by any means, nor do I fight for the rights of trees and whales. What is my rating?

Quote Originally Posted by Mal12345 View Post
    Since I thought this up I've been trying to form the best way to ask the question. I'll ask it this way: If life could rate you on a scale of 1 to 10, what would your rating be? I'm assuming that nobody provides 0 or less value to life. I personally play a small role in helping with this country's defense system in terms of its computer operations. I don't give to charity, but I do nurture a small venus flytrap, take care of the yard and plants, and help my wife take care of a small family. I'm not a huge philanthropist by any means, nor do I fight for the rights of trees and whales. What is my rating?
    It's impossible for me to say.

Lots of things are relative. To the venus fly trap you take care of, as well as to your family, the rating is probably high. Whereas to someone unrelated to you, that rating is probably low. It's hard to think of this stuff in purely quantitative terms.

I understand what you're saying I think, and I get this isn't the answer you were hoping for, but I'm not sure it's possible to quantify with accuracy.

The only way you could quantify it, I think, would be to see how things are connected to each other, like the venus fly trap you take of, how is it connected to other organisms? I suppose if you look at it like that, from the pov of ecosystems, ie things being connected in the web of life, you can quantify it but I would really have to be a biologist to be able to answer...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Would you (all) say that a medical doctor's value is a 10?
    Maybe not plastic surgeons but yes.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I'm the Rock of Gibraltar. I get some points for that at least. Someone once told me that good things seem to happen around me and thats probably true. Maybe I am a catalyst to make things happen. That's worth something as well.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

From a spiritual perspective I think this life as a physically and mentally healthy human is extremely valuable and lucky to have.

I do believe in Samsara and the Buddhism goal of Nirvana. Therefore this life seems like a good opportunity to have a go at it while doing as many good deeds as possible (accumulate good karma). I do meditate everyday for the purpose of attaining Dhyana with the end goal of Nirvana in mind. But my progress has been limited because I meditate too little.

Did anyone else have a similar answer? Should I feel unique? Did I get the OP's question right? If not does my answer sound silly?

Are questions I would bother me if I am e6. But e6 I am not.

*Dramatically leaves thread*
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Maybe not plastic surgeons but yes.
    I dont know man, they can do great work for veterans or victims of disfiguring crime or industrial or other accidents.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Bush Did 9/11 View Post
    To existence? Unless I can personally stop the heat death of the universe, approximately zero.
    Better get on that.
    Likes Bush liked this post

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Someone once told me that good things seem to happen around me and thats probably true. Maybe I am a catalyst to make things happen.
    But do you make things happen?

Would you (all) say that a medical doctor's value is a 10?
    No. Some may be a 10, some may be a 1. It's subjective and goes beyond title and certificates of achievement.
    Likes Population: 1 liked this post