User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Sharia

Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Typh0n View Post
    I think Jesus was a historical figure just that the sacrifice is not a historical event.
    Crucifixion = "sacrifice"?

Or the crucifixion altogether is not historical?

Quote Originally Posted by Isk Stark View Post
    Crucifixion = "sacrifice"?

Or the crucifixion altogether is not historical?
    Crucifixion equals execution, not sacrifice.

Not sure what you're asking here.

Senior Member Justin of Flavia Neapolis's Avatar

Just ascertaining whether you believe the crucifixion took place at all. For you, the crucifixion equals execution. For me, the crucifixion equals an act of Love, ie: sacrifice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    (addressed to Warrior) It sounds to me like an Islamic Warrior taking Islamic propaganda for granted, and believes we should too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    you didn't help found or fund jack squat @Mole I call secular taqiyyah, big time! I call BS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    How often disagreement degenerate into personal attacks here! Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Metis View Post
    He doesnt see it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post
    He doesnt see it.
    Did I do something wrong?
    Likes Lark liked this post

Straighten up, Fly right Coriolis's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Hmm, yeah.

I used that in the popular sense, the three faiths of "the book", its interesting that there are people seeking to divorce islam from that triad because I largely believe if islam in its entirety did disappear, not simply political islam but all islam, then the next target would be Christianity, some success has occured already for the enemies of Christianity on that front.

I do think that Islam is a heresy of Christianity, in the main I agree with Hilaire Belloc's account of that.
    I suppose all this hinges on how you define "heresy". I see Christianity as a reform movement of Judaism, just as Bahai faith is a reform movement of Islam. Four "religions of the book".

Exactly. I think there probably was a historical Jesus, and if he did even half the things attributed to him, it is also likely that he met an untimely and violent end at the hands of the local authorities. If crucifixion was the usual method, then he probably suffered it. IME it is all irrelevant to his teaching and life example,
    Though the ground was burnt and everything turned into ashes, we will revive again. The sky is still blue, the crashing waves from long ago are unchanged. This is Earth, our planet. This dream is in the hearts of people; so long as they do not abandon it, it will not fade away. For the sake of tomorrow, keep a song in your heart. For the sake of our future, let us stop our crying and stand on our ground firmly. ~Maya
    Likes Lark liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Did I do something wrong?
    I was pointing out that he was being kind of silly by accusing you of personal attacks when it seemed like he did it first. I don't want to perseverate on the issue, though. I don't think you should worry about it or take it personally.

its interesting that there are people seeking to divorce islam from that triad because I largely believe if islam in its entirety did disappear, not simply political islam but all islam, then the next target would be Christianity
    That's an interesting thought. I heard a similar defense of Christianity from one Muslim, in that he thought that the Catholic church was being undermined from outside of it, with some of the priest pedophelia scandal stuff. I don't believe that that was coming from outside of it, but it was interesting how protective he was of all "people of the book" religions as well as the Sikh religion, which he liked. He seemed concerned about the idea that people were losing religious values, and that religion itself was under attack, as he saw it. If the next target were Christianity, who do you think would be targeting it?
    Likes Warrior, Lark liked this post