• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

If you could select just one thing to change in our world, what would it be?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leo Tolstoy

Lark

“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” Leo Tolstoy

I'd make myself invincible and immortal obviously.

Although besides that, I'd do sometime about climate, climate change is going to kill everyone, or at the very least fuck up their day really bad and maybe next to that I'd just seek to hit the reset switch on natural resources, that's been a worrying development too.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I would concentrate on humanitarian ideals such as children, education and the environment. This in lieu and pursuit of worldly trappings such as wealth, fame and beauty.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would concentrate on humanitarian ideals such as children, education and the environment. This in lieu and pursuit of worldly trappings such as wealth, fame and beauty.

These are indeed, trappings my friend, but they are just as necessary in one's evolution to experience as the spiritual.

"As above, so below", the Platoinc true forms are reflected in sensory reality but they are not sensory reality itself. Still, the trap of the sensory is a necessary step towards evolution because if we were all perfect from the get-go what would there be to learn? There would be no process. I see the sensory as an image reflected in a pond, which is mistaken for the real thing. Like an image contained in a reflecting pool, it is not false or evil, simply that it should not be taken as the essential.

I also think it's always good to experience and deal with management of money and material resources in life. The important thing is to not get so absorbed by it that you forget yourself. I don't think there is anything wrong with worldy things, or indulging in them. Worldliness and spirituality are not mutually exclusive, imo. The extremes of ascetism and materialism are both equally unsatisfing if you ask me.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would ensure that people have their basic needs met. No more famine or homelessness, for instance. I do not know how that would work, but if I could change anything at all, that would be it. I think a lot of problems would be solved by that alone.

wildmoon

MBTI Type
NTP
Enneagram

I'd make people somehow more empathetic and more acutely aware of the interconnectedness between everyone and everything, so that they'd make the right choices when it comes to nature, health, rights, communities and interpersonal relationships etc.