• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What kind of people does the world need more of?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What kind of people does the world need more of?

"The planet does not need more 'successful people.' The planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers and lovers of all kinds. It needs people to live well in their places. It needs people with moral courage willing to join the struggle to make the world habitable and humane and these qualities have little to do with success as our culture is the set.” Dalai Lama

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All the above mentioned by the venerable Dalai Lama, and I would also add to that list "deceased".

Lark

I'm not sure the world needs more people, especially not in the developed world, even if they are saint they are likely to be living a very high impact existence simply day to day. Of the lower impact living peoples, such as nomadic people in sub-saharan africa, I'm sure some of them are very saintly in their dealings with each other but I'm not sure the world would notice a difference if there were more or less of them.

This is a little like a bunch of old sayings, some of them I picked up from political sources, some from just cynical sources, about "no one who did no harm ever warranted a statue".

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
more free thinkers, less followers

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
People who are more forgiving and understanding and a bunch of clones of myself.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We don't need more people, but less people. If we can't have less people, then space colonies.

I realize this doesn't address the OP, but I feel the question is a bit moot (no offense lightsun) due to the fact the planet is running out of resources, so it doesn't matter how many visionaries, humanitarians, good people, saints, or whatever well intented quality it is, if we run out of resources, we run out of resources period. Good intentions can't get us out of that.

Space colonization is a prospect that gets us out of this situaton, yes consuming less is noble but frankly we will run out of resources before everyone on earth suddenly decides to live a minimalistic lifetsyle.