• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you believe love is the answer to all of the worlds problems?

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
depends on the sort of love we're talking about. Lust/desire is more of contributor to the worlds problems.

Now, the constant and unconditional love which is shared and felt by every living soul within the cosmos-no matter how disconnected we may be- then yes, without a doubt.

Mole

Permabanned
The love of parents for their children must go someway towards the answer.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
no... you just can't love everyone and everything... respect though is a good enough start :shrug:

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Did I not also point out the need for critical thinking skills, even should such an ideal be reached? I believe I did.

I still don't know why you called out my "impossible ideal" of love when I had already said that I didn't believe it was possible to achieve here on earth. That was my objection to your comment; I said nothing about your remark on human error because I had no objection to that.

In any case, the definition of love that I was referring to, the one described in the Biblical 1 Corinthians 13, actually includes delighting in truth and reasoning with maturity as part of acting with love, so I suppose trying to separate love from rationality is moot by that definition.

I still don't know why you called out my "impossible ideal" of love when I had already said that I didn't believe it was possible to achieve here on earth. That was my objection to your comment; I said nothing about your remark on human error because I had no objection to that.

In any case, the definition of love that I was referring to, the one described in the Biblical 1 Corinthians 13, actually includes delighting in truth and reasoning with maturity as part of acting with love, so I suppose trying to separate love from rationality is moot by that definition.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Absolutely not.
Love is good foundation to build on but love alone wouldn't fix chemical pollution, decaying infrastructure, overpopulation, energy supply and general resource management, bad economy, deficits in competency ... etc.

Lark

Would it be so wrong for me to field the question of whether it could solve the problems of the forum even, let alone the world?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If it's loving yourself, yes I believe so.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

it's not a panacea for everything, but the world would be a better place if it was the primary motivator... i can't love a broken plate back together, can you?