MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Survive & Stay Free View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but the viking era fits in with the badly understood history which forms the basis of a lot of the Klan mythology of the anglo-saxons and all.

Well there really is a lot to learn about previous times too. And many more misconceptions. Just wondering why you picked a particular time... maybe just because it interests you?... so why? thats what i'm asking
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah but the viking era fits in with the badly understood history which forms the basis of a lot of the Klan mythology of the anglo-saxons and all.
    As did the Nazi's, as do people touting a genetic superiority of any kind and neo-Pagans, although my personal favorite is Asatru. It's too bad so many of these beliefs have been commandeered by the very worst of humanity. The rest are wannabe Vikings, usually with absolutely zero Norse in them and no real knowledge of Odinism. I don't believe the KKK promote anything other than Protestant Christianity. They certainly don't identify with pagans, Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, they don't advertise themselves as having a basis in mythology. They formed to maintain the antebellum racial order. White superiority. That's it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    As did the Nazi's, as do people touting a genetic superiority of any kind and neo-Pagans, although my personal favorite is Asatru. It's too bad so many of these beliefs have been commandeered by the very worst of humanity. The rest are wannabe Vikings, usually with absolutely zero Norse in them and no real knowledge of Odinism. I don't believe the KKK promote anything other than Protestant Christianity. They certainly don't identify with pagans, Catholics, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, they don't advertise themselves as having a basis in mythology. They formed to maintain the antebellum racial order. White superiority. That's it.
    As I understand it they are big into the WASP superiority, white anglo-saxon protestants, the anglo and the saxon refers to the settling of england, for the most part, by vikings, or at least the so called "north men", ie Norse Men.

Anyway, as I saw its a sort or form of mythos, even if its invented or imagined by that particular movement itself, I know that some of the neo-nazis and fascists are big into their runic alphabet, the guy who was the author of the Turner Diaries, Hunter, Serpents Tail (I think that was the title of the last of the three but I dont remember) apparently decorated his building with them. I think that Bill White, when his whole utopian anarchist party took the sharp right turn was a fan too, if I remember right.

A lot of the paganism is retconning the past by moderns anyway, to a certain extent I think this happens with all history, the present imagines the past and with each one all it really achieves is a better picture of itself, what I think anyway.

I'm a fan of certain ideas about tradition, traditionalism and history but truthfully it all suffers from problems, at least as much as innovation and progressive thinking.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Blue View Post
    How far do you want to go back? Lots going on before the vikings
    As far back as you'd like to take us! One really can't comprehend the Vikingr' period, without considering Troy, the Phoneticians, the Danube, Tyre, etc. etc.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

As I understand it they are big into the WASP superiority, white anglo-saxon protestants, the anglo and the saxon refers to the settling of england, for the most part, by vikings, or at least the so called "north men", ie Norse Men.
    The Saxons were Germanic tribes, not Viking, The Saxons ruled England, generally Egbert gets the nod for uniting the kingdoms until Duke William showed up in 1066. But the Normans were not Viking by that point and to my knowledge had no connection to the Danish kings of England either.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes Lark liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Anyway, as I saw its a sort or form of mythos, even if its invented or imagined by that particular movement itself, I know that some of the neo-nazis and fascists are big into their runic alphabet, the guy who was the author of the Turner Diaries, Hunter, Serpents Tail (I think that was the title of the last of the three but I dont remember) apparently decorated his building with them. I think that Bill White, when his whole utopian anarchist party took the sharp right turn was a fan too, if I remember right.

A lot of the paganism is retconning the past by moderns anyway, to a certain extent I think this happens with all history, the present imagines the past and with each one all it really achieves is a better picture of itself, what I think anyway.

I'm a fan of certain ideas about tradition, traditionalism and history but truthfully it all suffers from problems, at least as much as innovation and progressive thinking.
    Seems this past year, the types your speaking of I've come to view as "butt-hurt" in not having been spoon-fed the traditions of their lineage. Ironically, I see the same central issues amongst the SJW and Antifa folks. All "butt-hurt" over concocted illusions being spoon fed by others who have no clue what they're talking about.

All caught up in the "dream."

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

The Saxons were Germanic tribes, not Viking, The Saxons ruled England, generally Egbert gets the nod for uniting the kingdoms until Duke William showed up in 1066. But the Normans were not Viking by that point and to my knowledge had no connection to the Danish kings of England either.
    Yes, the Saxons were Germanic, but not really...it's akin to saying I'm Welsh, or Irish, or American and gosh knows Viking was an activity not a people. Vikingr in a lot of ways resembles Colonialism. What was happening? Group of folks figured out a successful strategy to increase populations and strengths, that "hit the wall" of what the local environment...innovation of that age had to offer. So the mindset of eldest, inheritance...wife carrying on and owning in the husbands absence or death, until the eldest...took on the lands. Led to movement, seeking fortunes outside of the home land. Process, that rinsed and repeated itself up unto this very day in the good ole' USA.

So we have the allegedly Germanic Franks, moving down into Normandie. I say "alleged" in that they were "people of the Wolf." Originally, of Thrace that came across the lands to settle vs. up the Danube as with the tribe of Dan, aka Danes, aka Vikings. Eventually, converging in Normandie, inter-marrying and described as Normans. When it's more accurate to say there was no difference, they all sprung out of the same space. Hell, I'm up to my armpits in Normans to this very day. But, we're also much rarer than almost any other given alleged "minority."

It's too bad so many of these beliefs have been commandeered by the very worst of humanity.
    Agreed. And though they may certainly co-opt, they can commandeer nothing unless they are passively allowed to, which is why they mustn't be allowed to, and fortunately, they are being challenged, in various ways, with more overtly inclusive narratives and directives. Inarguably, there has been a degree of ostensible taint, but the matter is far from settled:

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/11/asatru-heathenry-racism/543864/

The rest are wannabe Vikings, usually with absolutely zero Norse in them and no real knowledge of Odinism.
    Indeed. Irony is usually lost on emotionally castrated, imbecilic troglodytes. Misappropriating facets of another culture on the basis of it signifying some delusional notion of a purely "white" heritage meant to unify, all the while, 1.) said culture existed at a time when there was no definitive consensus and conception of how we now define the sociological construct known as race, and 2.) the peoples belonging to said culture routinely fought, murdered and subjugated others who were just as "blonde and blue-eyed" as they were, but fell under a different clan, tribe, ethnicity or religion, therefore invalidating this (whether asserted or implied) make believe notion of phenotype and ethnicity being intrinsically and metaphysically tied to one's spirituality/belief system in the form of some sort of ethnicity spanning, "KUM BA YA," cohesive masking tape. The Anglo-Saxons and the Danish Vikings hated and murdered each other relentlessly and they all essentially came from the same place and the same stock of people with similar indigenous religious beliefs, but only separated by a divergent few hundred years. Simply "looking alike" or coming from a similar place meant little to nothing to them as pertains their tempestuous, blood stained relationship and so I don't see why some singular "heritage" should hold any ancestral or historical gravitas today among disparate groups of phenotypical "white" people in the context of who has true ownership over Norse spirituality. Put succinctly, "whiteness" and "Europeanness" alone don't cut it.

Also, these aforementioned troglodytes, in clinging to their oft projected ideas about how ancient Scandinavians, and in particular, the Vikings believed and lived their lives, somehow neglect that just as there were Vikings who held fast to their belief systems wherever they landed, there were also those who embraced other cultures and belief systems, freely intermingling and joining with those who neither looked like them nor believed as they did. Oftentimes, they were both raiders and merchants to far reaching parts of the earth, and therefore not inherently closed off to difference. The Vikings who maintained their indigenous belief systems were no greater a Viking than those who did not.

I'm all for promoting the many forms of indigenous spirituality, in and of themselves, as worthy alternatives to the major world religions (particularly the shit stirring Abrahamic ones), but binding them to "heritage" and "blood and soil" as some sort of measure of racial/ethnic purity, just seems...stupid, and moreover, is counter-historical in many instances. Ultimately, IMO, religion/spirituality is nothing but a way, a conduit by which one may choose to orient him or her self in the world; I believe that one's place of origin should not bar or exclude anyone from participation in any practice by which they find spiritual resonance, and those who do have origins in the lands where said belief systems are rooted, don't possess greater ownership than those who do not. Belief is free, or at least, it should be.

I'm a multiracial (25% of which stems from a EU passport carrying ethnic Swede btw), ethnically ambiguous "mudblood" to the bone marrow, and I dare some ignorant, backwoods, inbred MFer with penis envy to question Mjolnir hanging proudly around my neck because of that fact.

And in contributing to the thread:

Likes biohazard, Cassandra, Cellmold liked this post

Permabanned
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Wipe all of what out? It's not like the brick and mortar Church isn't basically institutionalized paganism.
    Very true. The whole concept of the Virgin Mary having a baby where three Kings meet "the son" is a tale that originated with pagans who worshipped Tammuz. I learned a lot reading much of Joseph Campbell. And thanks a lot to the damn Romans for messing with pagan traditions... ugh.
    Likes Cassandra, Digital Lion liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post
    Seems this past year, the types your speaking of I've come to view as "butt-hurt" in not having been spoon-fed the traditions of their lineage. Ironically, I see the same central issues amongst the SJW and Antifa folks. All "butt-hurt" over concocted illusions being spoon fed by others who have no clue what they're talking about.

All caught up in the "dream."
    Whereas you can feel superior to all these people as you have not had their experience?

A pretty revealing post.