• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scholarly Critique of Islam

Mole

Permabanned
Well there you go [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION], now you know, Mole is great and everyone else is deluded.

Pretty much what I've come to expect from anyone who's a big fan of Laing :hexer: :hexer:

RD Laing had a remarkable gift, he was extraordinarily empathic, particularly to those suffering from schizophrenia. It is plain you don't share in his gift, and that empathy is foreign to you, and in fact you jeer at empathy.

Mole

Permabanned
I believe Mole would call himself a Western culture champion, and obviously an Australian nationalist. :newwink:

I am not a nationalist, rather I am a patriot, and an ally of Canada, New Zealand, Britain, and the USA. As well we are thriving under free trade agreements with countries throughout the world and still counting.

And we know who controls the oceans, controls Australia, and who controls Australia, controls the oceans.

Lark

You must realise it is right in our faces here we are in the middle of the Australian National Royal Commission into Institutional Child Abuse, it is extraordinary what they are discovering.

But it seems odd to me that for someone who has not even read the Irish Judicial Enquiry into Child Abuse, to be criticising reports on the Australian Royal Commission into child abuse. Are you ill motivated? Do you want to protect children? Do you not know that child abuse destroys the personalities of children? Have you been abused yourself? What is your agenda?

Aye, you were saying.

Do you have anything else to say? :dry:

Lark

RD Laing had a remarkable gift, he was extraordinarily empathic, particularly to those suffering from schizophrenia. It is plain you don't share in his gift, and that empathy is foreign to you, and in fact you jeer at empathy.

Aye, so say you.

Anyone who praises Laing hasnt much knowledge of Harry Stack Sullivan or Fromm-Reichmann or any of the others whose contribution was about as important as Laing's, guy gets too much credit, way too much.

Sorry/not sorry I dont like your favourite author. :girlfight:

Lark

I am not a nationalist, rather I am a patriot, and an ally of Canada, New Zealand, Britain, and the USA. As well we are thriving under free trade agreements with countries throughout the world and still counting.

And we know who controls the oceans, controls Australia, and who controls Australia, controls the oceans.

I thought Mole of Mole Hall was from the Wildwood or maybe he just had friends there.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, child abuse and emotional abuse are both based on a lack of empathy. In fact the abusers jeer at empathy, which we see in front of us here.

:strawman:

Mole

Permabanned
Aye, so say you.

Anyone who praises Laing hasnt much knowledge of Harry Stack Sullivan or Fromm-Reichmann or any of the others whose contribution was about as important as Laing's, guy gets too much credit, way too much.

Sorry/not sorry I dont like your favourite author. :girlfight:

RD Laing is important, not so much for what he said, but for what he was. He had an extraordinary gift of empathy, and this gift is very important for those interested in the inner life like myself.

And I do recognise that those who have failed to individuate are inclined to jeer at empathy, and at the empathetic, like RD Laing.

Mole

Permabanned

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
richard dawkins and bill maher are also pseudo-intellectual jackasses. just because you're a journalist or have a PhD in Biology it doesn't make you an expert intellectual on religion. *ahem Reza Arslan is qualified*

See my signature regarding "pseudo-intellectuals." I find people fling that word around as a convenient ad hominem to place other people below themselves when they don't feel like debating or arguing ideas with them. That is beside the point though, as I didn't suggest they were experts, but as they are probably among the most well-known critics of Islamic ideology, I thought I asked a valid question. Are they extremists or islamaphobes because they criticize the religion?

I am fully individuated, which is deeply resented by servile conformists, which we see play out on typology central.

Does your back hurt from the weight of that giant chip on your shoulder?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream

(ʘᗩʘ') mole confirmed from the great commonwealth of 1889

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not sure beyond the usual, which is the hating on the RCC and islam, there's not much to Mole's belief or that we can know about, I couldnt tell you his economic or social ideas for instance. :shock:

Me either, but he is stuck in his own perceptions as a form of conservation of self and conservation of the world. As opposed to constantly seeking out change and advancement in hopes of bettering the here and now. Reverts to tried and true instead of new and innovative.

Lark

Me either, but he is stuck in his own perceptions as a form of conservation of self and conservation of the world. As opposed to constantly seeking out change and advancement in hopes of bettering the here and now. Reverts to tried and true instead of new and innovative.

I think its maladaptive but it works for them I guess. I've thought about it and I think its a form of defence against sensory overload maybe, any more nuanced approach or acknowledgement of complexity could pose too much difficulty. Mole's said a few times that he thinks he's fully integrated, things like that, so I think he's trying actively to avoid the alternative, which he thinks others who are him are experiencing all the time.