• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Scholarly Critique of Islam

Mole

Permabanned
We have had scholarly Biblical Criticism of Christianity since the beginning of the 18th century. But Islam has had not such scholarly criticism, in fact criticism of Islam is regarded as apostasy and subject to the death penalty.

Muslims take this for granted and insist non muslims do not critique Islam. Unfortunately decades ago the Left made an accommodation with Islam and support Islam against critique of Islam.

So we see muslims making propaganda for Islam, and any critique of the propaganda is described as Islamophobia.

This results in 57 Islamic nations, the Organisation of Islamic Co-operation (OIC), openly opposing free speech in favour of Sharia.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This already exists and has been around since the 19th century. Your prejudices are blinding you again, my friend.

Lark

This already exists and has been around since the 19th century. Your prejudices are blinding you again, my friend.

Do you think that Victor/Mole is vulnerable to a lot of the tabloid or nasty stuff that circulates online? What do you think he's trying to tell us with these sorts of threads that he creates and seems to be trapped in?

I mean, its been years now, not much departure from the same old hate.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you think that Victor/Mole is vulnerable to a lot of the tabloid or nasty stuff that circulates online? What do you think he's trying to tell us with these sorts of threads that he creates and seems to be trapped in?

I mean, its been years now, not much departure from the same old hate.

He just wants to connect to people who agree with him. Who can read to each other news stories from Fox.

The artistic conservative...

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought Mole was center left.

Are Richard Dawkins and Bill Maher also righties for criticizing Islamic ideology?

There's a big difference between criticizing the ideology and the followers of the ideology.

Lark

He just wants to connect to people who agree with him. Who can read to each other news stories from Fox.

The artistic conservative...

You're probably right but it is an old schtick at this stage, when he's not hating on Islam he's attacking the roman catholic community and suggesting they are all molestors of children. It never seems to get old for him either.

Lark

Are Richard Dawkins and Bill Maher also righties for criticizing Islamic ideology?

There's a big difference between criticizing the ideology and the followers of the ideology.

How so? What do you mean and what way do you think its evident that what you're saying applies as much Mole as yourself?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How so? What do you mean and what way do you think its evident that what you're saying applies as much Mole as yourself?

What is Mole? Is he islamaphobic? I'm genuinely curious because I don't follow his posts and threads too closely.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is Mole? Is he islamaphobic? I'm genuinely curious because I don't follow his posts and threads too closely.

I believe Mole would call himself a Western culture champion, and obviously an Australian nationalist. :newwink:

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What, some sort of alt right aussie?

Not exactly, I believe besides immigration his social and economic beliefs are solidly on the left. Anyway, I think [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] can clarify. I just wanted to jump in before he's might be characterized inaccurately since I feel like I have a pretty fair estimation of his ideology.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP

richard dawkins and bill maher are also pseudo-intellectual jackasses. just because you're a journalist or have a PhD in Biology it doesn't make you an expert intellectual on religion. *ahem Reza Arslan is qualified*

Lark

Not exactly, I believe besides immigration his social and economic beliefs are solidly on the left. Anyway, I think [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] can clarify. I just wanted to jump in before he's might be characterized inaccurately since I feel like I have a pretty fair estimation of his ideology.

I'm not sure beyond the usual, which is the hating on the RCC and islam, there's not much to Mole's belief or that we can know about, I couldnt tell you his economic or social ideas for instance. :shock:

Mole

Permabanned
Individuated and Conformity

I'm not sure beyond the usual, which is the hating on the RCC and islam, there's not much to Mole's belief or that we can know about, I couldnt tell you his economic or social ideas for instance. :shock:

Too easy!

I support liberal democracy and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, because they have the runs on the board, and I am happy with capitalism with prudent regulation, and a strong welfare system.

In fact I take all of these things for granted in my own country, and as well I adore the inner life, starting with "The Cloud of Unknowing" by Anonymous, to "The Divided Self" by RD Laing, to "Understanding Media" by Marshall McLuhan. I adore those in touch with their inner life and adore my own inner life. And whatever I adore, I become.

I am fully individuated, which is deeply resented by servile conformists, which we see play out on typology central.

Lark

Too easy!

I support liberal democracy and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, because they have the runs on the board, and I am happy with capitalism with prudent regulation, and a strong welfare system.

In fact I take all of these things for granted in my own country, and as well I adore the inner life, starting with "The Cloud of Unknowing" by Anonymous, to "The Divided Self" by RD Laing, to "Understanding Media" by Marshall McLuhan. I adore those in touch with their inner life and adore my own inner life. And whatever I adore, I become.

I am fully individuated, which is deeply resented by servile conformists, which we see play out on typology central.

Well there you go [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION], now you know, Mole is great and everyone else is deluded.

Pretty much what I've come to expect from anyone who's a big fan of Laing :hexer: :hexer:

Mole

Permabanned
You're probably right but it is an old schtick at this stage, when he's not hating on Islam he's attacking the roman catholic community and suggesting they are all molestors of children. It never seems to get old for him either.

You must realise it is right in our faces here we are in the middle of the Australian National Royal Commission into Institutional Child Abuse, it is extraordinary what they are discovering.

But it seems odd to me that for someone who has not even read the Irish Judicial Enquiry into Child Abuse, to be criticising reports on the Australian Royal Commission into child abuse. Are you ill motivated? Do you want to protect children? Do you not know that child abuse destroys the personalities of children? Have you been abused yourself? What is your agenda?