• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

God

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
I LOVE JESUSSSS!

organized religion is made up

i dont believe in someone living their life now in prepare for their after life
i mean cmon thats the dumbest shit ive ever heard.
you were born into this world which youre not even happy in because youre just following all these rules and regulations and for what? for something else to happen after? what a waste of fucking time..itd be funny if there was nothing after death. i bet theyd have a lot of regrets for not living their life how they wanted and to their fullest.

i have my own beliefs. agnostic, i suppose. why? because some things science cant explain. neither can reason.

but like i said before, open up an anthropology book if you want to understand humans and their relation to religion.
A lot of NT's would agree with you and I am inclined to as well but that might be because I live with an INTJ and now question religion. If having God in your life makes you happy then great, but stop judging those of us who aren't religious or are on the fence. I live in a predominately fundy religious area and it irritates me to no end when someone asks me what Church I go to. What do you say to that? Fuck off is what I feel like saying.

I also hate how they twist the bible to fit their lifestyle. Most of them are so full of shit and very hypocritical. I don't like people who try to impose their views and beliefs onto me. I realize that isn't answering the OP but I don't have an answer for you at this time other than be happy and Karmic and life should be good.

Edit: out of all the religions I've come across, Buddhism appeals to me the most, I'm just not ready to be that nice. :devil:

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Christianity at least (it's what I know, it's my context, and it's what I'm talking about at the moment) does have clear attempts to destabilize gender norms.
Now I'm intrigued. Do tell :)

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
What does God mean to you?

"for our God is a consuming fire" (Hebrews 12:29). To adequately tell what God means to me would require me writing an autobiography explaining my relationship with God and how He has revealed Himself to me over the years of my life. I'm not inclined to do that, you can breathe a sigh of relief, but a cathecism answer won't do either. I can tell you He has revealed himself recently as the "Lifter of my Head" when people despise me for being a Christian. There is little toleration for a people who hold the opinion that the Truth has found them.

Is it something conscious?

The Three Personed God of the Trinity is conscious.

Do you believe in the literal existence of something you identify as God?

As much as I believe in myself or you.

Why or why not?

This point is personal and is not up for debate, but I will tell the truth that it is because at conversion I was radically changed and given a new mindset by the Holy Spirit. Nothing natural about it. Since then my mind has been renewed to the point I can think rationally and wisely about the things of God.

Does this God exist in the same space and time as us?

God created space and time and therefore is not subject to it but can break into it at will, as He did when His Son was born as a human baby and grew up to be the propitiation for man's sins on the cross. In Him we all live and breathe and have our being. The Holy Spirits inhabits believers. God is omnipresent.

What do you believe God's meaning is in relation to humanity was a whole?

Humanity as a whole has no meaning apart from God. The chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.

Why is God important or not important at all?

You've missed the point. God IS the point.

Lucifer

MBTI Type
ENTJ
For people who are immersed in religion, "Religulous" may be the most important movie of your life.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
That's a contradiction in terms, for who is going to give him permission to leave but God himself?
His being present for us is supposed to be a promise. If we call to him, he will answer. In a way he has bound himself to us, therefore, can I not hold him accountable in his absence?

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
God is irrelevant, inaccessible, and inescapable.

God fills in the blanks...

for so many people, in so many ways.

Even for myself, the belief in the presence of God is a grand monolith in the landscape of humanity: I cannot ignore it. It even creeps into my writings and droller internal, philosophical ramblings, but I choose not to embrace it as part of my outlook on life. I am agnostic.

I can relate best to Andrew Hudgins on my proximity (seems more accurate than "relationship") with God in Praying Drunk, a poem which is a personal favorite.

(Clip, the poet addresses God in prayer)

And, also, I want vanishing cream. You know-
a character like Popeye rubs it on
and disappears. Although you see right through him,
he's there. He chuckles, stumbles into things,
and smoke that's clearly visible escapes
from his invisible pipe. It make me think,
sometimes, of you. What makes me think of me
is the poor jerk who wanders out on air
and then looks down. Below his feet, he sees
eternity, and suddenly his shoes
no longer work on nothingness, and down
he goes. As I fall past, remember me.