• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Religious and Sexual Fantasies

Mole

Permabanned
We do have empirical facts about organised child sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic Church detailed in the nine year National Irish Judicial Enquiry into Child Abuse, and the National Australian Royal Commission into Institutional Child Abuse. We have a duty to read these reports rather than fantasising.

Mole

Permabanned
I do not have time for writing an essay with citations. Jesus is well-known for reaching out to the poor and marginalized, for going against social and cultural norms, and for putting compassion before slavish adherence to the letter of the law. In fact, he simplified that law to the basic injunction to love God and your neighbor.

Jesus was an exorcist who believed the world would end in his lifetime or the lifetime of his followers. He was completely ignorant of the nature of the universe and of life itself. He was a creature of the first century, so why would he be anything else?

Lark

I do not have time for writing an essay with citations. Jesus is well-known for reaching out to the poor and marginalized, for going against social and cultural norms, and for putting compassion before slavish adherence to the letter of the law. In fact, he simplified that law to the basic injunction to love God and your neighbor. This is what I see Francis demonstrating, not just preaching.

I am not sure what you mean by "beliefs" (as opposed to just beliefs, without quotes).

You are missing the point. I really don't know much about what Francis says. I am looking more at what he does - that's the walk vs. the talk. Anyone can talk and can say anything, really. It's what they do that counts. As for Jesuits, I always viewed them as scholars and even lawgivers. This is not the impression I have of Francis. He seems much more practical, hands-on with the ordinary people.

I spent a year living in an intentional community run by Jesuits and volunteering in a drop in centre for homeless/rough sleeping young people, its how I got a start on working in youth, community and social work. I've considered joining the order on and off for some time, read almost all there is available to read on or by Ignatious Loyola who established the order. Although, I think I do miss your point, so long as I made my own I'm not that worried about that, like I say, it seems very cliched, I dont mean to offend you its just how I see it.

- - - Updated - - -

We do have empirical facts about organised child sexual abuse in the Roman Catholic Church detailed in the nine year National Irish Judicial Enquiry into Child Abuse, and the National Australian Royal Commission into Institutional Child Abuse. We have a duty to read these reports rather than fantasising.

Roman Catholic Church will be around long after you're gone and forgotten Mole. I think you're being insulting and getting a rise out of it too. I can see you for what you are and what you're doing, you've been doing it for a while too, the threads in which you post high praise for trolls and trolling ought to tell the story on you. I dont know why the mods think its a great idea that this sort of sectarian content should fly, I suspect its exactly like I've said it is, the last acceptable prejudice. So there's that. Its why you're posts fly and not as though you're actually adding anything at all by your presence here and insulting posts.

Lark

Jesus was an exorcist who believed the world would end in his lifetime or the lifetime of his followers. He was completely ignorant of the nature of the universe and of life itself. He was a creature of the first century, so why would he be anything else?

I hope you remember that for the day you see him in person and having changed your tune in the mean time. Should be interesting to be you that day.

Mole

Permabanned
I spent a year living in an intentional community run by Jesuits and volunteering in a drop in centre for homeless/rough sleeping young people, its how I got a start on working in youth, community and social work. I've considered joining the order on and off for some time, read almost all there is available to read on or by Ignatious Loyola who established the order. Although, I think I do miss your point, so long as I made my own I'm not that worried about that, like I say, it seems very cliched, I dont mean to offend you its just how I see it.

- - - Updated - - -

Roman Catholic Church will be around long after you're gone and forgotten Mole. I think you're being insulting and getting a rise out of it too. I can see you for what you are and what you're doing, you've been doing it for a while too, the threads in which you post high praise for trolls and trolling ought to tell the story on you. I dont know why the mods think its a great idea that this sort of sectarian content should fly, I suspect its exactly like I've said it is, the last acceptable prejudice. So there's that. Its why you're posts fly and not as though you're actually adding anything at all by your presence here and insulting posts.

The Jesuits have recently paid out 3.1 million United States dollars to children they have raped in the north eastern USA and Canada.

I do understand you identify with Roman Catholicism and so are offended by established Judicial facts, however there is no free speech without the right to offend.

Lark

The Jesuits have recently paid out 3.1 million United States dollars to children they have raped in the north eastern USA and Canada.

I do understand you identify with Roman Catholicism and so are offended by established Judicial facts, however there is no free speech without the right to offend.

I'm offended by your conflating of the offending behaviour of some predators with my religion and my faith community. I dont think if you came in here and said that all Jews were rapists that you'd get away with it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a vindictive religious fantasy. Far better to stick to established Judicial facts.

Better not to be a hateful sectarian mouth breather.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I'm offended by your conflating of the offending behaviour of some predators with my religion and my faith community. I dont think if you came in here and said that all Jews were rapists that you'd get away with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, atheist fascism is the same reason I got banned from wrongplanet. you guys always post your hate on these forums using your "anonymous courage" or "keyboard courage" and then bait us into debating and then act all passive aggressive or overtly aggressive, then when we respond you report us and get us banned. i will not tolerate this. im not even roman catholic, or christian. mods, please close this thread [MENTION=25763]Dreamer[/MENTION] [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] [MENTION=27952]Merced[/MENTION]

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP

- - - Updated - - -

better not to respond [MENTION=7280]Survive & Stay Free[/MENTION] they know the game of psychological warfare too well these alt right "new atheists" You might end up getting banned and they may end up getting off scott free for double standard "freedom of speech" Just the way the world works. I've dealt with it probably just as much if not more as a Muslim.

Jaguar

I've reported this thread and I am seriously considering leaving this forum once and for all if this is the sort of thing which is fine these days.

He's been posting this same shit for years. Where have you been? But while I'm at it, sex/child abuse incidents and the catholic church is nothing new.

Mole

Permabanned
He's been posting this same shit for years. Where have you been? But while I'm at it, sex/child abuse incidenTypots and the catholic church is nothing new.

It is new, the National Australian Royal Commission into Institutional Child Abuse has just finished taking evidence and is about to bring down its report.

We know that a number of religions including Roman Catholicism will seek to smother this report. Thank heavens Typology Central practises free speech particularly about religion.

And I remind members that the Royal Commission has found the institute of Roman Catholicism, not just individual employees, guilty of crimes against children. Also to protect extensive property values the Church can't be sued for damages by its victims.

Mole

Permabanned
better not to respond [MENTION=7280]Survive & Stay Free[/MENTION] they know the game of psychological warfare too well these alt right "new atheists" You might end up getting banned and they may end up getting off scott free for double standard "freedom of speech" Just the way the world works. I've dealt with it probably just as much if not more as a Muslim.

Free speech forms the basis of liberal democracy and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the 57 Islamic States of the Organisation of Islamic Co-operation (OIC) have publicly and openly rejected the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in favour of Sharia.

And in rejecting the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in favour of Sharia, Islam has also rejected free speech.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As someone who was Catholic and still subscribes to some of the doctrine, I think it is crap to blame an entire group for the action of some. There is good and bad in all groups and types of people. It is easy to pinpoint how awful some things are, but it seems these days no one wants to point out the good things many faiths do.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But why does religion (none is worse than the other) foster abuse like this? I would say fear more than anything. It's the most effective way to control a population. But that's cultural in every way. Authoritarian based anything is going to use fear. And separatism. And a unquestioned social hierarchy. See anything similar? It's a well read nation building blueprint.

@ bolded - precisely this. It’s not necessarily religious belief that fosters abuse. It’s the combination of hierarchy, power, & isolation through exclusivity that creates a place for predators to abuse others under the radar of people outside - and within - various institutions... be it religious, professional, academic, political, & even small-scale familial. It’s not about belief. It’s about power.

Where there’s power & privacy, there’s always the risk of corruption.

I support exposing such behavior wherever it’s found, & it should go without saying that not everyone affiliated with that group are or support/enable predators.

I do not have time for writing an essay with citations. Jesus is well-known for reaching out to the poor and marginalized, for going against social and cultural norms, and for putting compassion before slavish adherence to the letter of the law. In fact, he simplified that law to the basic injunction to love God and your neighbor. This is what I see Francis demonstrating, not just preaching.

I am not sure what you mean by "beliefs" (as opposed to just beliefs, without quotes).

Your cursory understanding of The Way should actually prompt you to investigate Him further.

I ask again:

-What are your spiritual beliefs?

be·lief
bəˈlēf/Submit
noun
plural noun: beliefs
an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.
"his belief in the value of hard work"
trust, faith, or confidence in someone or something.
"a belief in democratic politics"
synonyms: faith, trust, reliance, confidence, credence
"belief in the value of hard work"

Trick question: What does the Tin-man believe in?

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Free speech forms the basis of liberal democracy and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, and the 57 Islamic States of the Organisation of Islamic Co-operation (OIC) have publicly and openly rejected the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in favour of Sharia.

And in rejecting the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in favour of Sharia, Islam has also rejected free speech.
who said I agree with a sharia legal system? i dont think blasphemy and insults to people's sincerely held beliefs should be subject to legal punishment (or at least not in a non muslim country), but it doesn't mean I morally agree with it.....for instance, if i, as a married man (lol, that's a stretch, i become a married man), if I have sex with some other woman, will I go to jail? NO! Is it wrong? YES! And again, I'm not in favor of sharia, especially not Islamism (keep in mind my relatives in Turkey and much of my ancestral countrymen have suffered at the hands of a tyrannical Islamist, even from the mistakes of civil Islamists my family's associated with, personally, I identify as a secularist, perhaps an Ataturkist). I favor justice and rule of law and human rights. Including freedom of speech. I don't think you should be arrested for insulting Survive & Stay Free, I merely think you're being immoral. Know the fine line between law and morality.

Mole

Permabanned
who said I agree with a sharia legal system? i dont think blasphemy and insults to people's sincerely held beliefs should be subject to legal punishment (or at least not in a non muslim country), but it doesn't mean I morally agree with it.....for instance, if i, as a married man (lol, that's a stretch, i become a married man), if I have sex with some other woman, will I go to jail? NO! Is it wrong? YES! And again, I'm not in favor of sharia, especially not Islamism (keep in mind my relatives in Turkey and much of my ancestral countrymen have suffered at the hands of a tyrannical Islamist, even from the mistakes of civil Islamists my family's associated with, personally, I identify as a secularist, perhaps an Ataturkist). I favor justice and rule of law and human rights. Including freedom of speech. I don't think you should be arrested for insulting Survive & Stay Free, I merely think you're being immoral. Know the fine line between law and morality.

It seems you might think it is OK to punish blasphemy in a muslim country, so how do you feel about homosexuality in a muslim country?

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
It seems you might think it is OK to punish blasphemy in a muslim country, so how do you feel about homosexuality in a muslim country?
why are you interrogating me with regards to my beliefs? what does what i think about gays have anything to do with this discussion? i was expecting a response to my microecon tutoring question and saw the orange notification, and i see this????? but to answer your question, i dont see a problem with, gays have been around in turkey for a long time, and if two people want to romantically love a consenting adult of the same sex, i don't see why there should be legal ramifications for it. personally, i dont even get disgusted by it, i myself have had sexual attraction to boys of the same sex (I'm 18), though, so i may be biased. but I dont see a problem with it. It's none of my business. But if I was a homosexual, as a Muslim, I would imagine I would try to stay celibate, because personally I believe it's wrong and sinful. But I don't believe it should be illegal, again, im a secularist, and i believe religion should be a personal matter.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
in other words, i dont think it should be punished in a muslim country, but if the people CHOOSE as a MAJORITY to punish blasphemy in a muslim country, it is different than killing a non muslim in a non muslim country for committing blasphemy.

Warrior

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
a third thing [MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION] how do you feel about alt right lynchings of sikhs because they "look Muslim?" how do you feel about muslim women having their headscarves torn off? how do you feel about pregnant muslim women being brutally assaulted because of wearing headscarf and dying with their babies? how do you feel about the human rights situation in Myanmar, Kashmir, East Turkestan, Palestine, CAR in Africa, Bosnia back in the 90s, Chechnya, etc. towards Muslims?