User Tag List

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Default Does Spiritual Oppression/Possession actually Exist?

I'm using a video without narration as an example. A Christian might interpret as being demonic oppression, where a Hindu might only perceive a connection to the "life force" energy as expression of one of the many faces of Shiva.

Most amusing part is much of the Hindu activities, appear on the surface to be not often much different from Jesus Inc. Evangelicals..."possessed by the Holy Spirit."

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpY View Post

I'm using a video without narration as an example. A Christian might interpret as being demonic oppression, where a Hindu might only perceive a connection to the "life force" energy as expression of one of the many faces of Shiva.

Most amusing part is much of the Hindu activities, appear on the surface to be not often much different from Jesus Inc. Evangelicals..."possessed by the Holy Spirit."
    Along with everyone in his time Jesus believed physical and mental illness was caused by demons, and so he "cast out demons". So Jesus was an exorcist. Today we know there are no demons and that exorcists for thousands of years were mistaken. And if Jesus was mistaken about demons, perhaps he was mistaken about other things as well.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

The video that the OP post may only be an example of trance. An example of possession will be Anneliese_Michel. A documentary movie has been made based on true story:The_Exorcism_of_Emily_Rose. Below is the documentary video of attempt to exorcise the demons.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    -
    Socionics
    - None

Possession may be on purpose. The possessed human may want to be possessed. In Annneliese Michel Case, She herself couldn't have been intentionally and willingly possessed . But for the magician below, the case may be different. Anneliese michel seems to be completely lost herself, as the exorcists interviewed the demons within her body; not her; but for the magician below, he seemed to still be himself; not completely overtaken.
    Watch closely the change in color of his eye lenses. It may be a sign of possession. He can levitate crystal balls.

But is levitation demonic assisted? that is my question.
    The video below, a man probably a monk (a Buddhist monk perhaps) is levitating while meditating.
    Last edited by typologyenthusiast; 10-12-2019 at 09:49 PM.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

All Tokra are Goa'uld but not all Goa'uld are Tokra. I think it is likely similar with spirits.
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Clarity demands a certain degree of objectivity, from the world as well as the observer...

I’m the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition.
    I am Catstiel. I am an Angel of the Lord...
    Likes typologyenthusiast liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/so
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I've always been obsessed with occult things, even today. I have dabbled in Shamanism, Satanism, new age paganism, etc. But I have yet to be possessed, even though I tried to be. (It was a dark time.) If I could travel to areas of spiritual activity, I would.
    “An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.”
    Charles Bukowski

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

People are impressionable and able to convince themselves of anything they want. We do not need to be possessed to flail and scream like we're at Dionysus' bachelor party. It's only justification.

The saddest part about all of this is that in and of itself is proof just how powerful the human mind really is. The things we would be capable of if only we would stop telling ourselves this power belongs to anyone else.
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Yuurei View Post
    People are impressionable and able to convince themselves of anything they want. We do not need to be possessed to flail and scream like we're at Dionysus' bachelor party. It's only justification.

The saddest part about all of this is that in and of itself is proof just how powerful the human mind really is. The things we would be capable of if only we would stop telling ourselves this power belongs to anyone else.
    Said the girl still possessing a haunted video. MAn you're a demonic spirit posessing technology, upgrade to a dvd at least shit. Gah, we all have our demonic shctick. Some of us make deals at crossroads and lecture other spirits on the flaws of their possessions when it doesnt match our own. Others of us do the whole, ghost in the machine while lecturing others about their hauntings bla bla bla bla bla. We're the same. You and I. Let's join forces and together we can shake off these burocratic chains of tired insitituitons that have gone on before us and make being monsters mean something again. Ride the dinosaur with me Yuu. Ride the dinosaur like there is no tomorrow!!!!!
    With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Clarity demands a certain degree of objectivity, from the world as well as the observer...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Socionics
    Duno None

Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    Said the girl still possessing a haunted video. MAn you're a demonic spirit posessing technology, upgrade to a dvd at least shit. Gah, we all have our demonic shctick. Some of us make deals at crossroads and lecture other spirits on the flaws of their possessions when it doesnt match our own. Others of us do the whole, ghost in the machine while lecturing others about their hauntings bla bla bla bla bla. We're the same. You and I. Let's join forces and together we can shake off these burocratic chains of tired insitituitons that have gone on before us and make being monsters mean something again. Ride the dinosaur with me Yuu. Ride the dinosaur like there is no tomorrow!!!!!

I was trying for a promotion to one of those horrid FPS' full of man-pain. I'll show those MRA shitbags what real fear is and make them cry for Mommy like the toddlers they are.

...but your thing sounds like more fun. Let's do that
    " Do something, even if it's wrong."

" I don't wanna have to but I will, if that's what I'm supposed to do
    We don't wanna set up for the kill, but that's what I'm 'bout to do."

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    478 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Yuurei View Post
    I was trying for a promotion to one of those horrid FPS' full of man-pain. I'll show those MRA shitbags what real fear is and make them cry for Mommy like the toddlers they are.

...but your thing sounds like more fun. Let's do that
    Together, our powers combined. We. Can. Do. Both.

With all due respect,
    The Cat.

Likes Yuu liked this post