• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

'God, Soul, Spiritual and Afterlife'

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
'God, Soul, Spiritual and Afterlife'

Do you have an underlying view on God's affinity?

I. What is the concept of what God is in a personal linguistic term?

II. Does there reside a cognizant master and cognizant 'Lord?'

III. (If there really is existence) Does He or She make determination of any beings living?

IV. Is there a type entity named as Soul?

V. Upon dying is a individual's person-hood remain into the Soul World?

VI. Can there be some manner of spiritual life, regardless of some soul(or no)?

"I am agnostic view and as well the existentialist. What to my being or the term of a God I do have none such belief that is likened like Moses in conversing with an almighty God. In my agnostic belief I open to science as well proof. I definitely am open to a possibility, but I in an hard wired in us likened to a computer. It happens being primary why there might have discussion, reason, pro's, as well con's utilized however no one shall in a way be of any way, shape, manner and form to re-hard wire someone's brain. It's so feeble even making attempt. To me it shall be a wastage in my time.

I love a Hindu view, "There are many paths to the top of the mountain and that no one can tell another how to travel their path." Which is circular back in my earlier stance of my existentialism. We define our meaning. I do make full range in the use with metaphor in much of what I write. It is in order of helping to shed light and try make some manner to clarity. Much is totally of a unknown variety. Believe, when I state that a large amount that is of a perception of real happens as an opinion. We don't in a significance and with a science examine what is in the belief of our own.

I don't know is the beginning of wisdom as Socrates stated. It is of a main reason I am not in an atheist view. They say with definitive standing that there is no such thing as God. I can't in some conscience ascertain such as their position. Who am I to know. Ultimately there in life we must place but one step, by step and live out our lives. I always am of open to new wise or scientific or some new angle to view this world. Our perception will change in the course of a full living and to that equals are very reality will shift and reorganize.

As for Soul. If I was definitively put as well made to give assessment. No. No I don't have that belief. If there may be this type of spirit, I do not have belief we will take our identity into the next plane. It would be an erasure. The erasure of Me. I do say in honest fashion- I do not know. That's as honest as can be. I totally reject some or any notion of our soul in an existence of us for eternity. That's as honest as can be. You know I hope I'm wrong. I wish to be able to reunite again with my wife.

I do believe a spiritual nature can be manifest. I do exemplify with the original standing-We happen existing like chemical, matter and an ultimate energy. The using of such any term ,Soul-Group" may in scientific term be as 'Energy Group.' You and I do share this 'Soul to 'Soul' connection. I in fundamental faith am of a orientation because there lays this energy matrix, when 2 plus other individuals share and resonate their is what amounts a synergism."

"Ultimately there in life we must place but one step, by step and live out our lives. I always am of open to new wise or scientific or some new angle to view this world. Our perception will change in the course of a full living and to that equals are very reality will shift and reorganize." An old type wise knowledge, Confucius states to try living in a honorable middle way & heaven shall take care of itself.

Mole

Permabanned
Piety is the last defence to crumble. This is why impiety is called blasphemy.

Lark

I believe there is a God, I believe that God IS good, I also believe in negative theology such as Moses Maimonides elaborated, it may not be possible to know God and his attributes but it is possible to know what he is not and this can permit speculative insights, for instance God is incorporeal.

All else, well, I believe nothing can be certain, I believe this completely, there are promises, beliefs, what I would term hopes, for an afterlife, that consciousness survives death and that consciousness is not impersonal consciousness. On the other hand there is no recollection, for most people, of any time before they were born, eons of history have passed during which any individual alive and thinking today was unborn, nor either of past lives (I find the idea of reincarnation credible, as a purgatorial state, I dont believe in the transmigration of the soul or reincarnation, should it be valid as anything other than what you are in this present life and some of the thinking about quantum immortality, multiverse theory, things of that kind are interesting too).

Although, as I say, to me, none of this is certain, if the idea that good works "earn" a "just reward" is heretical, ie what could God want from you who created everything, salvation is an unconditional gift etc., or "pie in the sky" (deferred/alienated gratification which is a lie) then the equal and opposite idea of salvation/"God's Grace" as a sort of unsolicited, unconditional gift, is too. Someone who I met who was a born again christian, and a very smart guy, argued this point with me simply upon the basis that it was biblical, that sort of certainty I think is grossly mistaken, if it was meant to be a facet of life I am not sure there would be any "human condition", life and afterlife etc.

It'd be a great premise for a TV show I think, if there was final and irrefutable proof of an afterlife, a paradise state, then would anyone go on living in the imperfect state of things as they are another day? Wouldnt they just choose to end it all after the next disappointment? Camus' books deal with some of this, while I've heard other philosophers in those animate shorts on youtube write about how without striving or suffering there is no happiness or the happiness off sets any need of solidarity, not convinced of much of it.

Mole

Permabanned
God has left the building. Or was that Elvis?

It was God, but only the God of the Book, the Torah, the Bible, and the Koran, who has left the building. This is because the book is dead and so we have no need for the God of the Book.

But don't be too upset, because the book is now resurrected as the content of the internet, of course with a reduction in status, as the God of the Book has been relegated to mere content, and unfortunately this is taken as an insult by those who believe in the God of the Book, and has driven some to violent protest to assert their identity.

deathwarmedup

MBTI Type
IXTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

It's not a term I'm keen on - although it's not as objectionable as "God". (Or "believe".) Some experiences in one's life hint at an unseen, underlying consciousness, an orientation that is at odds with worldly matters, often uncomfortably so. Exploring it is a place where "concepts" give way to art.

"I am unforgivably happy! Something magical has happened to me: like a dream when one feels frightened and creepy and suddenly wakes up to the knowledge that no such terrors exist. I have wakened up!" Anna Karenina.

Mole

Permabanned
I'm a Christ follower, and in that comes faith in His saving grace for us sinners.

Jesus is likely to have been a real person who, like everyone else in his day, believed physical and mental illness was caused by demons, and as the Bible testifies, "Jesus cast out demons". And those who cast out demons are called exorcists, and this is why there is a registered society of exorcists at the Vatican in imitation of Jesus.

On the other hand, Christ is a theological construction and is entirely imaginary.

Mole

Permabanned
[MENTION=3325]Mole[/MENTION],

Have a great day. :)

We come here to share our fantasies. We start with mbti and move onto religion and sex. Some of us take part in a mutual protection racket where we say, I won't critique your fantasy if you don't critique mine. Fortunately the moderators allow a modicum of free speech, and within the bounds of civility, we are allowed to critique our fantasies here.

This derives from the Western Enlightenment of the 18th century where evidence and reason were applied to fantasies.

We come here to share our fantasies. We start with mbti and move onto religion and sex. Some of us take part in a mutual protection racket where we say, I won't critique your fantasy if you don't critique mine. Fortunately the moderators allow a modicum of free speech, and within the bounds of civility, we are allowed to critique our fantasies here.

This derives from the Western Enlightenment of the 18th century where evidence and reason were applied to fantasies.

PM'd :)

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I believe in God, Jesus, the Holy Ghost, and the Bible...I'm just not a dick about it.

Lark

I believe in God, Jesus, the Holy Ghost, and the Bible...I'm just not a dick about it.

What about vampires, witches, ghosts, aliens, UFOs, the hollow earth and subterranean lizard humanoids?

I think that vampires are an emergent threat to humanity.

Mole

Permabanned
In 1998 we discovered the universe was expanding away from every point. And we discovered the universe was not only expanding but accelerating without the speed limit of light. This means we are not the centre of the universe and that part of the universe is already accelerating away faster than the speed of light and so forever beyond our ken.

The accelerating expansion of the universe was discovered by Professor Brian Schmidt, just down the corridor from me. For his discovery he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics, and then we made him Vice Chancellor of our Australian National University. So meet the good professor by clicking on ANU Vice-Chancellor (@VC_ANU) | Twitter

But who created the universe? It was God. But which God? It was the Trinity, the Three Persons in one God. So a three headed God created the accelerating and expanding universe. This is plainly absurd.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Part I.
“We must be able to use and learn critical thinking skills and take no dogma whether religious or political. The truth is within us. No man is a god no matter his credentials. Humans wrote all religious texts, and humans are fallible. Learn to think for yourself. This and hearing the feedback of others will help us grow. This instead of being stuck in dogma that on one hand has universal truths, but yet at the same time is behind the times.

My perspective is thus;. (1) All writings aren't at all God's word. We haven't a capacity of writing this down without gross distortions in thought coming in and so taint scripture. (2) They are metaphorical and definitely not to be taken as truth. (3) If a writing of Bible, Qur'an (Koran for the western), Upanishad, Talmud, Dhammapada, Bhagavad Gita, Sutra, Christian Gospels, Analects of the Confucian type, I Ching, Vedas, Book of Mormon...(etc.) contain a negative statement than it is a reflection of human error and prejudice.

This stems from an author with prejudice, judgmental type of attitude, pejoratives, labeling, cognitive distortions, discrimination and a holier than thou perspective. (4) They are to be taken just as seriously and given credence as the Scandinavian myths, or Greco-Roman type of mythological view. If God doesn't exist then how was everything created? We simply don't know. One can not disprove the concept of God nor disprove it. We will not have a rapture or judgment day. Time will continue marching on with each generation feeling that these are the end times.

To me each religion is a hypothesis to explain the inexplicable. It does not use the scientific method nor does it collect objective fact. It exists merely as a construct to explain the unknown. I have watched documentaries and it is shown the human species as a tendency to believe in the supernatural. It's what our brain is telling us but our brain lies to us each and every day. It filters in and out information so no one sees reality clearly in it's entirety rather they are perceptions corrupted by one's senses, judgments, stereotypes and hidden blind spots.

It has been shown eye witness testimony is unreliable. Unfortunately with religion a hypothesis called God was developed during the bronze age. It is still readily followed. Science on the other hand grows. It develops hypothesis and theories but then revises them with more objectively proven theories. The big bang is science's hypothesis of the origin of the universe. The fact is we may never know the true cause. There are no causal variables that dictate A happened from B. It is all correlation and guesses and does not have reliable proof. God has yet to be discovered and he can not be measured.

Part II.
He does not exist in a scientific world. I believe in a universal force which helps to tie the universe together. Ultimately, I think we are energy as well as chemical beings. I am agnostic, existentialist, humanist, and feminist with other attributes. Each will believe that what they believe is true. I have learned the hard way not to trust the emotions. I am much more into science. I feel everyone has a tie to this universal wisdom. Each is flawed. We need each other to balance out the discrepancies in our logic. We are connected to the universe.

We are all interrelated make no mistake about that this. It is your will and your desire that directs and taps into this universal consciousness. It is your fundamental will that directs and channels change as well as metamorphosis. Do not seek a miracle, for you are the miracle. One needs will and focus not relying on an external source that will do the work for you. You are the maker of your destiny. I think that anything that cannot be explained as of yet is attributed to God. There is so much that we still don't know.

It is the unknown and this causes distress. We need an explanation our curious mind with its curiosity needs to know and to classify things both to make ourselves feel better and to explain it to others. Our wonderful creative brain fills in the blanks. We use metaphors to describe things we may not know the truth of. These metaphors are written down. People hold on to it to explain reality. It is taken as truth.

God or Goddess is varied and means very different things to varied people. We do not have the capacity to grasp God. All we can do is have a belief system and work from that point. It is so disturbing and anger provoking to see humankind squabble over what they don't have a clue of. I do so like eastern philosophy in that there being different roads as well paths up to the mountain. This is in stark contrast with the Western monotheistic religions of Christianity, Judaism, and Zoroastrianism as well Islam. I say let each live their path.

Now there is the phenomenon of deep meditative states where one experiences a peaceful interconnectedness with the oneness of the universe. One can label that God. There is no direct truth. There are inferences and suppositions. However one can attribute and 'Feel' that there is a God, and therefore we take it at face value.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Part III.
I will humbly make this statement, what I think, feel and believe passionately may be wrong. I may be wrong and not know it. I guess to me it goes back on how we lead our individual lives. There are evil Christians and evil atheists. There are good Christians and good atheists. This is what matters to me. In mysticism. and meditation one can feel to lose themselves. This is a heady rush. People ascribe this phenomenon to God. I believe that it has a scientific explanation. But this powerful felt heady euphoria is experienced in all the branches of religion; Kabbalah, Sufism, etc.

I equate it as sort of as feeling in love. Feeling in love is heady and quite fascinating. A thing I do acknowledge is that an experience such as feeling saved, or feeling and being in love is a profound feeling. Some shall describe it as being connected to the almighty or to a universal consciousness or state of oneness. A believer will not in any way convince a non-believer with using reason, for it is felt.

I am of the belief that it is incorrectly labeled as coming from a higher power. A nonbeliever will conversely be unable to convince a devout believer to ascribe with agnostic beliefs. Let's live and love each other and leave every one alone. I am an idealist who tries to think with rational reasoning free of distortions to the best of my ability. I don't know if man will always be fighting each other. It makes no sense. I think the dinosaurs were here for 160,000,000 years. We are still infants. That can give us hope.

Evolution and moral consciousness is an extremely slow process. No wonder there are so many cults. Their problem is that they circumvent freedom and individuality. This is a generalization for all humans. The religious texts are wonderful with love such as love of thy neighbor. However the psychology of the human species is such that the human race has blind spots, emotional reasoning, rationalization, denial and other defenses that blind mankind to the ultimate truth.

The religious texts say what to do but they offer no format to educate and instill the Bible's principles as ingrained and instinctive. People will only walk their talk when we evolve to posses Agape love and compassion and using critical reasoning. What about a new planned society. A new "religion" & or brand new philosophy that actually works. Right now, none of the religions are working effectively enough to counteract the ignorance of the human species. Let's start a brand new society based on non-negative energy. It will require we don't expend negative energy and most important not repaying negative energy with your own. Let's create a society that functions and can bring flow to the people. Do not go into superstition and fear.

Part IV.
Believe in yourselves. We are interconnected, of that it is certain. What is not certain is the evidence of a Devil. This is misguided. We were as children around a campfire. We told stories of what we could not understand. So we made up monsters, in every culture. The Devil is unreal and total fiction. There is no reason to fear the invisible non-being of something that does not exist. The concept of the Devil is a product of our own projected fears.

We are the makers of our destiny and not god or devil. Why do we do evil ignorant things. We have internal distortions of thought. Throw in our pain of unresolved issues. We must heal. How will do that exactly. Independent thought should be encouraged, nay cherished and nurtured in society. Along with this comes tolerance and respect for other people's world views.

They are unique to the individual. Everyone has a gift and seed of life which is to find one's gift. Pursuing our true natures free of juvenile ego we learn to transcend the illusions and distractions of the world. By identifying and pursuing one's gifts we get into a state of flow. We learn life's lessons, to be humble and transcend one's ego and to finally live life in a present state of mind. Each should be allowed to come up with their own answers as free, unique, individuals with unique mind sets.

We define our meaning. Truth manifests as a veil or cloud akin to the Willow of the Wisp we follow in discovering life's secrets. Truth and wisdom is there but always seemingly beyond a practical and handy reach. It is lessons in life that give us deeper understanding of ourselves, other and reality. A large amount of our beliefs happens to be learned opinion. We don't with science and critical thought examine our underlying belief system.

To say "I don't know" is the beginning of wisdom as Socrates stated. The critical teachings of ancient days used fables to teach lessons. We need to critically think and use the teachings in the spirit they were intended. A path of love and as well crucial reason needs to be in the mix. Without it we truly do not understand what is taught. With rationalization and unconscious blind spots we can corrupt all teachings for our own use.

They are not in fact truth but only a lesson to think upon. We can’t use or corrupt what is taught in fables. Nor are they to be used, nay corrupted in what is a discriminatory sense when we are teaching people. I am not of atheist view. They say with definitive standing that there is no such thing as God. I can't in some conscience ascertain such as their position. Who am I to know? Ultimately there in life we must place but one step at a time throughout the course of our lives.

I always open to new scientific understanding in which to see this world from a fresh and new angle or perception. Our perception will change in the course of life and our perceptions of reality will shift and reorganize. I do not have belief we will take our identity into the next plane. It would be an erasure of my personality into a higher form. I totally reject notion of our soul in existence for all eternity.

We happen existing as chemical, matter and energy. The using of such any term as soul group may in scientific term be termed as an 'Energy Group' of individuals in synergistic connection and mutual understanding. When two or more individuals share and resonate their is what amounts to synergy. We must take responsibility for our own destinies which is why I happen to be an existentialist. Each man or woman must discover his or her own fate. We must determine our own meaning.

I can say I am for healing, growing and actualizing into one's true potential. Existentialism does say that during our course in our lives we reach pivotal points. Call them crossroads when in times of stress and cognitive dissonance decisions can be meant to change, even sway how we define our being. Existentialism is to me pure freedom. Freedom to find one's own path to the top of the mountain in life whether it be atheism, Shangri-La, nirvana, a path to heaven, enlightenment, self -actualization or any other mode of thought and perception of reality.”

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I find it best to believe in as few things as possible, but to maintain and cultivate a sense of wonder.

Mole

Permabanned
Crucifixion is an instrument of torture used not just in biblical times but right up to the beginning of the 20th century. And the crucifix is the image of Christianity. An instrument of torture is the image of Christianity. The crucifix is the perfect anhedonic symbol.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

God is a mystery, for which human words cannot accurately describe or even begin to conceive.

There now seems to be scientific evidence, this universe should have destroyed itself near it's very beginning. It's a mystery.

III. (If there really is existence) Does He or She make determination of any beings living?

There does seem to be a Natural Law or Framework, but I do not and cannot truly know, I accept that it's a mystery.

I believe in the concept of Nous, and the capacity to receive the uncreated light in attaining awareness of God.

Person-hood is of the body, only nous transcends.

Yes, astral wildlife exist.

Mole

Permabanned

God is a mystery, for which human words cannot accurately describe or even begin to conceive.

There now seems to be scientific evidence, this universe should have destroyed itself near it's very beginning. It's a mystery.

There does seem to be a Natural Law or Framework, but I do not and cannot truly know, I accept that it's a mystery.

I believe in the concept of Nous, and the capacity to receive the uncreated light in attaining awareness of God.

Person-hood is of the body, only nous transcends.

Yes, astral wildlife exist.

Three thousand years ago the Ancient Greeks discovered that the supernatural was the result of natural forces. In the meantime no evidence has been discovered for the supernatural, but whole disciplines based on reason and evidence have been found for the natural.