• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Nice isn't kind

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'll take insincere niceness over whatever fuckery disco thinks is kindness

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Nice and kind are not the same thing. Nice is.... I drape my true feelings in the mannered rhetoric of polite society to maintain civil comity.
This is kind in a shallow way, where most of the intent here is to maintain ones place in respectable society, I know I feel that way. To the extent that any of us can tie our motivations to anything as distant as altruism on a societal scale nice is kind.
Kind is I do something for someone else and do so for reasons that are actually more altruistic than selfish.
The desire for the legitimacy that comes with maintaining one's seat in "polite" society, is one of the greediest forces at work in our world today.

Your point is that being nice means you want something in return, but being kind means it just makes you feel better. Is that about right?

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Close enough

I noticed your MBTI is not on your avatar or your profile. Either you know it and don't want to disclose it, or you're not sure.
Would you mind telling me which one it is, simply because I'm curious?

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=35148]Isk Stark[/MENTION] a wolf head, wow :shock:

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Sometimes I think you can be fake nice without it being self-serving. Sometimes it's just being pragmatic and even principled.I think you should treat people nicely even if you dislike them. And why not put out good feelings into the environment? Why sow discord in an attempt to be "real", if being "real" doesn't help the situation? Why should you make other people feel bad for no reason, or seek out unnecessary/petty battles?

I think sometimes I do toe the line of social niceties, just to gain acceptance and to be looked upon favourably, and I think it's kind of gross. But usually, when it counts, I speak up.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sometimes I think you can be fake nice without it being self-serving. Sometimes it's just being pragmatic and even principled.I think you should treat people nicely even if you dislike them. And why not put out good feelings into the environment? Why sow discord in an attempt to be "real", if being "real" doesn't help the situation? Why should you make other people feel bad for no reason, or seek out unnecessary/petty battles?

I think sometimes I do toe the line of social niceties, just to gain acceptance and to be looked upon favourably, and I think it's kind of gross. But usually, when it counts, I speak up.

now I'm thinking you're an Fe user :thinking:

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:dry:

Yeah, I guess it's safe to say I use Fe based on that post. But does that invalidate my point? Do you disagree with me? C'mon, hit Fe with your best shot!

I can't see anything you said that I disagree with. Of course it doesn't refute your point, I digressed lol

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
I can't see anything you said that I disagree with. Of course it doesn't refute your point, I digressed lol

Okay, just checking. :)

It was a funny comment, if that helps (or am I being fake nice???? :shock:)

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Okay, just checking. :)

It was a funny comment, if that helps (or am I being fake nice???? :shock:)

I wasn't trying to be funny, just sharing my observation lol

I'll take fake nice over real ugliness any day :D

example:

uBlkdQH.png

If I was nice, I would not have said it.