• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Context and Content

Mole

Permabanned
There is context and content. And changing the context changes the content, but we can change the content without changing the context.

Our largest context is the universe and it changed in 1998.

And everything changed within the context of the universe, but mostly we haven't even looked at the changes. Every religion has a creation story, well, the creation story changed in 1998. And we have barely noticed.

Of course we cling to old contexts and old paradigms, we drive forward looking in the rear vision mirror while the new context is pouring through the windscreen.

We seem adverse to thinking abstractly because thinking abstractly means thinking in contexts.

We also seem to be parochial: we want to make our country great again, or we want the whole world to submit to our God.

But in 1998 we discovered the universe is moving away from us at an accelerating rate, and we don't know what it means.

Mole

Permabanned
Mole, I feel as if you're trying to say the same thing in every thread you post.

I think there is some truth in this. Each post of mine, for 18,000 posts, is an iteration of a fundamental idea, I am not quite sure what it is, so I keep iterating it, and elaborating it, in the hope it will become clear to me.

However it is interesting that all my posts are written in the same style. This may be a clue.