• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is reality?

Mole

Permabanned
To believe the Sun goes round the Earth is a plausible mistake to make. The reality is the Earth goes round the Sun.

We constantly make plausible mistakes, but using evidence and reason and empirical measurements we can arrive at reality, and it often comes as a surprise.

For instance, we make plausible mistakes about time, but if you read The Order of Time you will be surprised at the mistakes we make about time.

And here we constantly make plausible mistakes about mbti, but we can discover reality with Psychometrics.

featherless-biped

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
“Of course it is happening inside your head...but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” - Dumbledore

Best quote of the entire series. About sums it up for me.

Mole

Permabanned
"Of course it is happening inside your head...but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" - Dumbledore Best quote of the entire series. About sums it up for me.

We love to fool ourselves, we want our dreams to come true, we want to believe our dreams are true, and we get together to convince each other that our dreams are true.

And although our dreams are important, they need to be tested against evidence and reason, remembering the sleep of reason brings forth monsters. And remembering mbti is not tested against evidence and reason.

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Reality? Well, it's most certainly not found in the form of social media, a forum, or the Internet in general. Yet, most humans in the Western world...live in this quasi-form of non-reality. Disconnect from this scrit a few months or few years, it becomes highly noticeable the contrast.

Mole

Permabanned
The Sun going round the Earth is an illusion of perception, while the Earth going round the Sun is reality.

This example is generalised to a principle of science during the Western Enlightenment, giving us Western Civilisation.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Quite possibly something like this: New hypothesis argues the universe simulates itself into existence

Existing and suffering are not two sides of the same coin but are instead the same thing. For this reason, I wish to become a potato. But according to this, then I would just be waiting to transform myself into something more or less more and less, because as I become more, I feel like less.

What a crock of shite. I want a refund.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think there is a beginning or ending point of reality. Like everything else, its a cycle/loop. Whether or not the universe is a simulation, or our consciousness generates the simulation doesn't really matter. It could be both simulated by you, and simulate itself at the same time.

I find quantum theory to be very interesting, but I think people are too caught defining reality. I think its something we are far from capable of truly explaining in tangible form, because its everything but. To understand reality, we have to be able to understand how dimensions affect each other first.

Also, I will leave this here because its interesting and related.

The Global Consciousness Project

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I don't think there is a beginning or ending point of reality. Like everything else, its a cycle/loop. Whether or not the universe is a simulation, or our consciousness generates the simulation doesn't really matter. It could be both simulated by you, and simulate itself at the same time.

I find quantum theory to be very interesting, but I think people are too caught defining reality. I think its something we are far from capable of truly explaining in tangible form, because its everything but. To understand reality, we have to be able to understand how dimensions affect each other first.

Also, I will leave this here because its interesting and related.

The Global Consciousness Project

What do you think about the current state of things in relation to this concept? Is there evidence that this year has been particularly notable? Does the data show that?

I feel that this year is all about suffering, failing, enduring, and evolving. I continue to note the repeating patterns at micro and macro scale. Hindsight is 2020, but the year 2020 literally seems to be all about hindsight and adapting and evolving accordingly to prevent such future suffering and failure. Fixing one's mistakes after the fact to develop greater clarity and success in the future.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What do you think about the current state of things in relation to this concept? Is there evidence that this year has been particularly notable? Does the data show that?

I feel that this year is all about suffering, failing, enduring, and evolving. I continue to note the repeating patterns at micro and macro scale. Hindsight is 2020, but the year 2020 literally seems to be all about hindsight and adapting and evolving accordingly to prevent such future suffering and failure. Fixing one's mistakes after the fact to develop greater clarity and success in the future.

I am not sure about the data, but I've seen people discussing a spike in the global consciousness unity this year. That is how I found out about this project to begin with. I honestly have no idea about the validity though. Something feels like its changing.

I know this will sound crazy, but I felt there was a massive shift in reality after 2016. I've seen people also joke about us having "shifted timelines", similar to how the Mandala effect affects our memories to explain the feeling. It's perfectly possible we shift between timelines and realities without even being aware of it. There is no static point in which to measure our reality.

In relation to current events, It could be that an overwhelming amount of people became "aware" of and believed in an increase of global chaos, and thus more chaotic events keep happening as a result.

Just stop thinking about meteor 2020 please!