• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why is life not fair?

puzzle

Permabanned
We have a kid in North Korea who just made a stupid prank who is now in a coma for it.
Meanwhile, nothing happens to the left wing media people who keep publishing their hate-mongering bogus stories about the president.
I thought slander was a crime but I guess not.

Nothing happens to the appropriate people while people who do far worse things get a slap on the wrist.

Same with this girl that I know. I had this ex friend for nearly 20 years and everyone thinks she's awesome meanwhile they don't know her like I do and she's the shittiest person ever and they still praise and worship her. She's cheated on all her boyfriends, went after her friend's crushes and she gets to be the one to be engaged. I don't get it.

Do the appropriate people ever get punished? Doesn't seem like it.

Lark

We have a kid in North Korea who just made a stupid prank who is now in a coma for it.
Meanwhile, nothing happens to the left wing media people who keep publishing their hate-mongering bogus stories about the president.

Nothing happens to the appropriate people while people who do far worse things get a slap on the wrist.

Same with this girl that I know. I had this ex friend for nearly 20 years and everyone thinks she's awesome meanwhile they don't know her like I do and she's the shittiest person ever and they still praise and worship her. She's cheated on all her boyfriends, went after her friend's crushes and she gets to be the one to be engaged. I don't get it.

I wonder what other poster this post sounds like.

puzzle

Permabanned
Same thing with the presidents: people praise and worship Obama while he did nothing but stay in exquisite hotels on tax payer dollars. Trump didn't take the white house money and he's being bashed when he's actually getting stuff done. So backward!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These people aren't happy so don't worry about it. Whatever looks like success on the outside often isn't when it comes down to how they really feel.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Everything evens out eventually.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The major questions should be: why would it be fair?

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Life's not fair because the universe don't care. It does, however, provide us with free passive diffusion. Thanks universe!

Red Ribbon

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Life is completely fair. While it is true that circumstances dealt to each individual are unique, it isn't necessarily unfair as each individual also has free will and the ability to make choices in life. The people who make the right choices always lead a happy life. This is universally true for all people.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ohhhh. I see who started this.

But serious answer to the thread title. Why would it be fair? If anything, it's only strange that people cultivate the notion of an inherently fair universe when there's never any indication we live in one or rational basis to make that assumption. And the sad, kind of ironic thing, is that the sooner you realize the universe isn't fair, the more you can actually make it a somewhat better place. The just world hypothesis breeds terrible people.

HisKittyKat

MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
4w5
I think life is fair. We all have our own hell and happiness. I think bc some people can hide it so well, others believe they are living in an Ideal world, not so. Everyone has their own personal demons to deal with, you can either keep them to yourself or broadcast it on social media, fb for example.

Everyone eventually gets what is coming to them, good or bad, and bc we don't know how another is facing their own personal hell we think we are the only people going through it. Don't even underestimate what goes on behind closed doors. People who suffer in silence are generally those polished families who hide the truth from everyone. So next time you think you know someone, their life and how they seem to be always smiling, don't kid yourself, they could be that person who cries themselves to sleep every night. Looks are very deceiving, you can NOT judge a book by its cover.

I opened two gifts this morning when I woke up, my eyes. I'm in control over the kind of day I'll be having, and right now its looking pretty good.:):wink:

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Ohhhh. I see who started this. But serious answer to the thread title. Why would it be fair? If anything, it's only strange that people cultivate the notion of an inherently fair universe when there's never any indication we live in one or rational basis to make that assumption.
Really. No indication or rational basis. Tell me then- which natural laws of physics discriminate and bend to offer which elements in the universe special treatment?
And the sad, kind of ironic thing, is that the sooner you realize the universe isn't fair, the more you can actually make it a somewhat better place. The just world hypothesis breeds terrible people.
The problem with all of you 'fairness of outcome' types is the illusion that there is ever an outcome at all. Something will always follow, rendering any end just another part of something else's means.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Really. No indication or rational basis. Tell me then- which natural laws of physics discriminate and bend to offer which elements in the universe special treatment?

This seems so unrelated to what I wrote that I'm assuming you misread my post.

The problem with all of you 'fairness of outcome' types is the illusion that there is ever an outcome at all. Something will always follow, rendering any end just another part of something else's means.

1: What does this have to do with what I said?
2: In what context would this make any sense?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
... I thought we were promised a puzzle, but this was just a dead giveaway. :(

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP