• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Actualize and Enlightenment: Can we actualize? How is it possible to actualize?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Actualize and Enlightenment: Can we actualize? How is it possible to actualize? What is your path in order to actualize?

bless
Quote:

"Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world." - Sri Ramana Maharshi

bless
Quote:

“What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.” ~Richard Bach

Quote:

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” ~ Lao-Tzu

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Self Actualization:
"Actualize and Enlightenment: Can we actualize? How is it possible to actualize? What is your path in order to actualize? What do people strive for after enlightenment?"
"I've said the human race has not evolved emotionally or spirituality in six thousand years. It seems each generation repeats basic human flaws. The only offsetting thing is there is progress In the form of laws.

The laws all have been fought and resisted by mankind. If there was to be a disaster where we lost technology due to say a nuclear holocaust we would quickly revert to savagery. Man is an irrational rational species. The use of reason is not innate. For this reason cognitive mindfulness needs to be implemented in the school systems. If we keep our current school structure we will advance in a technological sense. If we wish to evolve as a human race then a paradigm shift in the school system is needed otherwise our society will only replicate societal ills. The way out of the impasse is to teach children, the next generation how to reason and think as well behave humanely towards their classmates via empathy classes.

It is not as of now because not enough attention and priority have been given to discipline our minds and learning to think. To just think that one will be a well rounded rational being without the needed training is unrealistic. The other component along with reason is compassion and empathy. Empathy classrooms need be implemented. Humanity and learning to be humane is not a given. If it's not taught then blind spots, rationalization, denial and emotional reasoning hold sway.

Such it has been since the beginning of time and it will continue generation following unless we grow in a much more enlightened society where human compassion and reason is learned at a young age. It starts with the children if we want an enlightened future scape. 'Transformational Change' as our perceptions change our horizons broaden and expand as well. We in effect have a clearer view of reality and a larger view of the 'Whole.' Of course none of us will see the whole. It's simply not possible to see the whole scope. Part of the reasoning of that is we have different angles of perception of the world we live in. Thus variant specialization.

The way to see the whole would be for all of our various specializations be united and glued in unison. This is where communication, incorporating diversified beliefs and getting rid arduously of a false premise in order to clear the lens of our perception. Buddha said question everything. We are imprinted with faulty data and false concepts. A large percentile of what we know to be truth are opinions handed down generationally. There is not one iota of scientific validation of premises such the like of 'Free Will.' In the Eastern world Buddhism talks of mindfulness. Western psychologies biggest field is CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy).

It in parallel fashion speaks of being in tune with our inner thought process so we can address cognitive fallacies. We must unlearn from and eventually only partially depart from experiences we learned during our nurture and formative early childhood. It will take an entire lifetime's voyage of discovery and re-discovery. It is possible only in cases of some individuals will plus hard determination to slowly expand. The characteristic in change is in having the flexibility to change, evolve and transform. If we are lucky enough metamorphosis into the butterfly we all have capacity of becoming. Do you think this transformation is easy? Of course not, it is the painful process of stripping away layer upon layer in this labyrinth of false beliefs.

“We as a human species seem to have a built in mechanism to "actualize “our self. That is to be the best that we can be at whatever our "gift" is, or special talent. The trick is to find that "hidden seed", that special uniqueness about our self. The next hurdle is get past lesser distractions that can impede our growth. These distractions are anything in life that occupies a lot of our time but is not an activity where one achieves "a state of FLOW". A state of flow is felt as "timelessness", and is a bit of "heaven" on earth!”

"A path called actualizing is the journey of our life-time. We constantly grow if there is in us the desire of the truth and actualize. It is our compass. Difficulties will arise but there can be in us a spirit of prevailing, resiliency as well some faith and belief of our potential. There is that which is within us that is of incomparable beauty. We each have it, a connection to the divine. Call it soul, spirit, or human consciousness. “We constantly grow if there is in us the desire of the truth and actualize. If we are lucky, we receive truths both about ourselves as well as about the universe we happen to live in by the gifts of insight.

Difficulties will arise but there can be in us a spirit of prevailing, resiliency as well some faith and belief of our potential. One has to search one's heart. The inner heart will give you the answers. In an attempt to actualize self it is but merely one foot before the other and trying not getting distracted from the vision. Who knows where our individual destinies will transport us to arrive? In addition, we will meet new individuals on our path and they shall help to be a guide on our path. I wish sharing any talented gift I may possess with others, as they share their gifts with me. All this so that I may complete my journey, if such a thing is even possible.

“There is that which is within us that is called the seed of life. Each of us has in our genetic programming to thrive for the most part. This is not the case in unfortunate genetic deficiencies but even these people can actualize to the best of their abilities. Did anyone see the movie Ray Charles? Well his mother pushed him and made him believe in himself. This was support, guidance & belief in the child. How many parents focus on all the mistakes of a child and do not acknowledge the successes?

The view of the human person who is wise consistently changes from say 18, 25, early thirties and beyond. It is a journey. We continually grow and expand. We can never learn or know too much. He who is on a path realizes the more they know, the more ignorant they realize they truly are. One who gets secure in his or her own position is not challenged, and that is a shame. For that is when growth stands still and one stagnates in their own moral self-righteousness. I hope to be cognizant of my abilities and continue learning to my last breath.

We need to learn transparency and openness in order to heal. I think it can be thought of like our turtles crawling to the sea. It’s the phenomenon of a self-actualization. We strive and we grow, ever on toward new discoveries, new knowledge and a deeper and truer love of one's self, others and the greater reality we live in. “Here is something else to ponder. In developing as a child one must learn to have an ego and develop a sense of self identity in addition to self-esteem in the world in which we live in.

As an adult, on the path, or I should say a path, for there are many paths to the top of the mountain, we must learn to let go of our ego's and transcend both it as well as our fears. We must learn to let go of defensiveness and listen with an open heart, to bereceptive, warm and open. We need to learn transparency and openness in order to heal. I think it can be thought of like our turtles crawling to the sea. It’s the phenomenon of a self-actualization. We strive and we grow, ever on toward new discoveries, new knowledge and a deeper and truer love of one's self, others and the greater reality we live in.

“Every opportunity for enlightenment comes when we feel triggered by the externals of this world. Point must be taken looking within for that which is missing in us or why we feel a certain way and perhaps let reason be overridden by the emotional part in ourselves. This is to say every human to use understanding instead of using judging, to subconsciously project our demons onto the individual.

The caveat about searching for real truth is we must, absolutely keep an open mind, is if one is overcome with anger and negative feelings, then their view about reality is more easily discounted. We have a tendency to project our realities unto others and real life situations. It’s at times such as this where we have a chance growing. We are very complex beings. For every situation (which is truthfully a generalization) there are a100 options, 100 reasons, & 100 variables.

This or let ourselves be fooled and blame externals for a problem that may lie within. The particular problem is of course it may be our blind spot being a victim of an emotion and as well our triggered hidden deficiencies. We will meet others of similar mind sent to inspire us, as well as perceived adversaries that only make us stronger. Be positive yet realistic. As Confucius would say, “Take a higher road.” Be true to yourself and your own special higher calling.

If a person on the path is very dissimilar, then we don't fight them, and try to either change or mold or clone them into a carbon replica of ourselves, nor force them unto our journey. We are all unique individuals. If possible, we let them go on their way. They must learn from life experience. We let them go on their way and predestined chosen path. We must concentrate and remain true to our path and learn the lessons of life to be imparted to us. What is it to transcend and be above the cares and worries of mortal men? One could say that is not to be human!

What if one could transcend to such a level and still be very human as well as understanding? Would we listen to this person's wisdom? No, because we all have to swim and cross the river of adversity that is called life, to learn its valuable lessons first hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mole

Permabanned
Actualize and Enlightenment: Can we actualize? How is it possible to actualize? What is your path in order to actualize?

bless
Quote:

"Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world." - Sri Ramana Maharshi

bless
Quote:

“What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.” ~Richard Bach

Quote:

“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” ~ Lao-Tzu

Actualisation, Individualisation, and Enlightenment are dead because the literate individual is dead, because the book is dead, and even the God of the Book is dead, and what is taking pride of place is belonging and identity.

Many of us come here because we don't belong and we are not sure of who we are, and mbti comes to the rescue, and makes us part of the mbti cult and allows us to belong. And not only belonging but mbti also provides us with an identity in four letters, a four letter word. It is more than we deserve.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Actualisation, Individualisation, and Enlightenment are dead because the literate individual is dead, because the book is dead, and even the God of the Book is dead, and what is taking pride of place is belonging and identity.

Many of us come here because we don't belong and we are not sure of who we are, and mbti comes to the rescue, and makes us part of the mbti cult and allows us to belong. And not only belonging but mbti also provides us with an identity in four letters, a four letter word. It is more than we deserve.

ad absurdum, could be a goal if you believed Camus

Can I actualize? Yes.

How is it possible (for me) to actualize? I don't remember how I do it, I just do it. My first order of business was to cut away the rot. Then, zero in on your target 1% each day, or aim to at the very least. Having a target is key. Without that, you are aimless.

What is my path to actualization? My Way is of the Warrior Poet of Christ.

To actualize my four energies into a single being: King, Warrior, Magician, Lover

KWML for short.

Yin/Yang

Lib

Permabanned
When you say Enlightenment I think about science. Understanding the deepest secrets of nature and creating something completely new out it is the ultimate self-actualization. It cannot be questioned by anyone, if it works.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Rewrite and Reedited

“We as a human species seem to have a built in mechanism to "actualize “our self. That is to be the best that we can be at whatever our "gift" is, or special talent. The trick is to find that "hidden seed", that special uniqueness about our self. The next hurdle is get past lesser distractions that can impede our growth. These distractions are anything in life that occupies a lot of our time but is not an activity where one achieves "a state of FLOW".

A state of flow is felt as "timelessness", and is a bit of "heaven" on earth.” There is that which is within us that is of incomparable beauty. We each have it, a connection to the divine. Call it soul, spirit, or human consciousness. If we are lucky, we receive truths both about ourselves as well as about the universe we happen to live in by the gifts of insight. One has to search one's heart. The inner heart will give you the answers. A path called actualization is the journey of our life-time. We constantly grow if there is in us the desire for the truth and to actualize to the best of our potential. Within us all we seem to have an internal compass.

This internal compass can help us keep true and on the path of discovering our true selves provided we use human reason. Difficulties will arise but in us the is a spirit of prevailing resiliency as well faith and belief in our potential. The caveat about searching for real truth is we must, absolutely keep an open mind, is if one is overcome with anger and negative feelings, then their view about reality is more easily discounted. If we experience a negative emotion then we are triggered and our reasoning ability is clouded and not to be trusted.

One who gets secure in his or her own position is not challenged, and that is a shame. For that is when growth stands still and one stagnates in their own moral self-righteousness. To have pride or think too much of oneself is a false ego. This is the false ego filled with societal masks. Such an individual does not realize the interrelation of all life nor has Agape love. As one develops emotionally, psychologically and spiritually one reaches a stage of possessing Agape love for all life. I think it can be thought of like newly birthed turtles crawling to the sea of self discovery and new vistas. In the process of self-actualization we strive and we grow, ever on toward new discoveries, new knowledge and a deeper and truer love of one's self, others and the greater reality we live in.

The view of the human person who is wise consistently changes from say 18, 25, early thirties and beyond. It is a journey. We continually grow and expand. We can never learn or know too much. In addition, we will meet new individuals on our path and they shall help to be a guide on our path. I wish sharing any gift I may possess with others, as they share their gifts with me. All this so that I may complete my journey, if such a thing is even possible. He who is on a path realizes the more they know, the more ignorant they realize they truly are.

I've said the human race has not evolved emotionally or spirituality in six thousand years. It seems each generation repeats basic human flaws. The only offsetting thing is there is progress in the form of laws.
The laws all have been fought and resisted by mankind. If there was to be a disaster where we lost technology due to say a nuclear holocaust we would quickly revert to savagery. Man is an irrational rational species. The use of reason is not innate. For this reason cognitive mindfulness needs to be implemented in the school systems.

If we keep our current school structure we will advance in a technological sense. If we wish to evolve as a human race then a paradigm shift in the school system is needed otherwise our society will only replicate societal ills. If we want to grow and evolve as a species then communication is key. Not enough attention and priority have been given to discipline our minds and learning to think critically. It is not as of now instructed in our early school education. At least not until the collegiate level.

To just think that one will be a well rounded rational being without the needed training is unrealistic. The way out of the impasse is to teach children, the next generation how to use critical thinking and mindfulness as well behave humanely towards their classmates via empathy classes along with learning active listening skills. Empathy classrooms need be implemented. Humanity and learning to be humane is not a given. If these disciplines are not taught taught then blind spots, rationalization, denial and emotional reasoning hold sway.

Such it has been since the beginning of time and it will continue generation following generation unless we grow in a much more enlightened society where human compassion and reason is learned at a young age. It starts with the children if we want an enlightened future. We all have within our root system a bunch of convoluted fantasies or beliefs of that which is called reality. We have a belief system riddled with at most half-truths. We need to undertake a journey called self-discovery is assessing these fallacies and be willing to change and thus grow. We or she who is rooted in past dogmatic beliefs which have no viable proof but are rather opinion and unsubstantiated beliefs are a hindrance with social progress.

I will in a sublime fashion stipulate: (NF's) are my closest kin. (NT's) I have always admired. It is seeking balance; one is an intuitive feeler and the other an intuitive thinker. I in like fashion search within for universal truths through introspection of my inner universe. It is lessons in life that give us deeper understanding and awareness through insight and practicing critical reasoning. We apparently need each other to help balance out our blind spots.

It is my premise that we all have blind spots. I search mightily for the secrets that are before our very eyes but are hidden. This is until we put enough pieces of the puzzle of understanding reality together in order to gain a clearer understanding. We thus gain a greater sense of the whole picture which is reality. In Transformation Change as our perceptions change our horizons broaden and expand as well. We in effect have a clearer view of reality and a larger view of the 'Whole.'

Of course none of us will see the whole. It's simply not possible to see the whole scope. Part of the reasoning of that is we have different angles of perception of the world we live in. We all have diverse specializations and areas of knowledge. We have a different genetic makeup with temperament and personality traits defined pre-birth. In addition we all have different life lessons and experiences.
The way to see the whole would be for all of our various specializations be united through dialogue and open communication.

It is through this process that we reevaluate through the lens of science and objective fact our held beliefs and test them with the scrutiny of critical thought. By examining what we think, feel and believe through this scrutiny we can outgrow and amend our current belief system and expand our understanding in order to clear the lens of our perception about ourselves, others and the world we live in.
Buddha said question everything. Another tenant of being on the path of self actualization is that we have to unlearn many of the preconceived notions we hold.

Many of these beliefs are on the subconscious level and involve automatic thinking. We are imprinted with faulty data and false concepts. We simply believe our beliefs without question. Here is a question, "Do we define and create our own beliefs by free will and choice or rather do our beliefs define us? The problem with these unconscious beliefs and early learned cognitive schema is that they are rarely ever challenged or looked at. What's more our beliefs have a life of their own. They are protected by defense mechanisms and errors in our cognitive thought process.

Some of these defenses against changes to our belief system involve emotional reasoning, blind spots, denial and rationalization. A large percentile of what we believe and perceive to be true are opinions handed down each generation. In fact even many wisdom sayings of both the religious and secular that are held to be true have erroneous errors in the form of cognitive distortions such as all or nothing thinking along with black and white thinking. In order to make the unconscious conscious and reevaluate our belief systems the Eastern world's Buddhism talks of mindfulness.

Western psychology CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy) and REBT (Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy) also seeks to make us more aware of our automatic thoughts, discern any fallacies of thought and replace those thoughts with more reality based reason. CBT and REBT teaches us to be aware of our inner thought process so we can address cognitive fallacies. This is all part of the growth process. We must seek unlearning thoughts, beliefs and schema's we learned growing up in childhood.

If these beliefs do not pass the test of critical reasoning and scientific methodology then they are outdated beliefs and need to be replaced with more viable and reality orientated sound beliefs. We thus mature psychologically, emotionally and spiritually. It will take an entire lifetime's voyage of discovery and re-discovery. The characteristic in change is in having the flexibility to change, evolve and transform. Do you think this transformation is easy? Of course not, it is the painful process of stripping away layer upon layer in this labyrinth of false beliefs. One of my favorite parables is the Parable of the Blind Men and the Elephant found in Jainism and Buddhism. Udana 68-69:

The famous parable of the elephant and the blind men in Buddhism just goes to show that we can only see part of the truth. Truth manifests as I liken to as a veil or a cloud, or following 'The Willow The Wisp." It is there; but always seemingly beyond a practical, handy reach. What concerns me are my personal blind spots which are unconscious and hidden. If I am blind in an area, I won't know it. It will be a complete gaping hole in my awareness. Because of blind spots and faulty belief systems that have been ingrained in us since childhood it is hard to decipher wisdom and truth in our world filled with what is called Maya or the illusions of the world. We as a human species project our realities.

A person who lacks Intra-personal Intelligence, insight and lacks self awareness is more likely to blame and project unto the world their own failings and unresolved issues. An opportunity for enlightenment comes when we become triggered by an internal or external stress-or. I have a fail-safe. A good key one's blind spot has been triggered is if one has a negative emotion. I have the analogy of the warning engine light in a car. It is a warning and Gage point of an internal disturbance. I have a negative emotion, and then there is an internal problem.

I have had my bind spot triggered. A fear or my ego has been triggered. If I have a negative emotion, and my body is not directly being affected there are distortions and fallacies of thought and cognitive reasoning. The negative emotion and the warning engine light are synonymous. It is a reflection of unfinished business and unresolved conflict. Our emotions are being triggered. In a sense we are not awake yet. A goal is being more aware in both cognitive science and Buddhism. Both cognitive therapy and Buddhism imply that we really need to wake up by being more aware of how we think, speak and act. We in effect take personal responsibility and act with an internal locus of control.

This is an opportunity for growth however if we reflect and take pains to act with reason and not react towards reality in an irrational manner or by being negative. In this way we discover the falsehoods and think and act more in accordance with reality.We become aware of our subconscious thought process and do not react blindly in an automatic fashion. We become more truly aware of both ourselves and reality and so grow mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

We become awake and reach a heaven on earth, nirvana and personal self-actualization. The bottom line really we will become happier as well as more fulfilled in life. Without this fail safe and insight into my internal processes I may act irrationally defending a point with verbal and perhaps physical violence, to defend my 'truth.' Rather than acting out against reality like the blind men, look within and correct your reasoning. Correct the distorted thoughts, and deal with the external situation with reason and compassion. Thus one grows and stays on the path of self-actualization.

Apparently On our journey's we need two types. We will meet others of similar mind sent to inspire us, as well as perceived adversaries that only make us stronger. Type one that reinforces us, rejuvenates us, and inspires us. We must also deal with unpleasant experiences that force us to examine our core beliefs and either strengthen them or modify the position we hold. But ideally it takes two intelligent and rational people willing to learn. It takes at least one individual willing to keep the door open for communication to occur. I have witnessed useless argumentative wars because egos were not strong enough to listen and process, as well as use critical thinking.

Along the path we will find those that try our patience and fortitude of spirit. Yet, I believe there is the possibility of synergy here and hopefully we both grow. If a person on the path is very dissimilar, then we don't fight them, and try to either change or mold or clone them into a carbon replica of ourselves, nor force them unto our journey. If a person is on a dissimilar journey then they have lessons to learn which are different from yours. We are all unique individuals. If possible, we let them go on their way. They must learn from life experience. We let them go on their way and predestined chosen path.

We must concentrate and remain true to our path and learn the lessons of life to be imparted to us. We should be cognizant of this and not judge. For he or she who judges, only fools self which is a tragedy. Why is it a tragedy? We are so blind searching for the light and when we judge we only lengthen our journey. Anything else does contribute to the ignorance as well the folly in what is the world. I like it in Hinduism there is a saying that there are many roads to the top of the mountain. We are all different. We need different approaches to reaching ourselves and our true potential. What is right for one is definitely not right for another person.

We must each make our individual Journey. Each must walk an individual path. It is not lonely for on the way one meets a soul group. A group of extraordinary individuals, who each has something important to share and for us to learn. This is if we keep an open mind, and seek to expand our minds and understanding thus increasing our conscious awareness. Sometimes our paths are parallel and at other times, we must walk the path alone. However, at the end of the journey is a reunion, of those who came before you successfully.

Negative emotions which are displayed in interpersonal relationships are a good Gage point to meditate and handle the external situation which has been triggered with a mixture of reason, mindfulness and critical thinking along with Agape compassion. The adage is to take the high road always. The high road is more difficult than giving in to our base emotions and reacting blindly and ignorantly outwardly in a negative fashion but it is only in this fashion that we can heal from unresolved issues and deal with reality using reason.

Here is something else to ponder. In developing as a child one must learn to have an ego and develop a sense of self identity in addition to self-esteem in the world in which we live in. As an adult on the path, or I should say a path for there are many paths to the top of the mountain we must learn to let go of our ego's and transcend both it as well as our fears. We must learn to let go of defensiveness and listen with an open heart, to be receptive, warm and open.We need to learn transparency and openness in order to heal. I think it can be thought of like our turtles crawling to the sea. It’s the phenomenon of a self-actualization.

We strive and we grow, ever on toward new discoveries, new knowledge and a deeper and truer love of one's self, others and the greater reality we live in. What is it to transcend and be above the cares and worries of mortal man? One could say that is not to be human. What would happen if one could transcend to such a level and still remain human? Would we listen to this person’s wisdom? No, because we all have to swim and cross the river of adversity that is called life, to learn its valuable lessons first hand.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
'A Secular and Psychology Orientation for Self Actualization'

'Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs'

"Psychologist Abraham Maslow first introduced his concept of a hierarchy of needs in his 1943 paper "A Theory of Human Motivation" and his subsequent book, Motivation and Personality. This hierarchy suggests that people are motivated to fulfill basic needs before moving on to other needs. Maslow’s hierarchy of needs is most often displayed as a pyramid. The lowest levels of the pyramid are made up of the most basic needs, while the more complex needs are located at the top of the pyramid.

Needs at the bottom of the pyramid are basic physical requirements including the need for food, water, sleep and warmth. Once these lower-level needs have been met, people can move on to the next level of needs, which are for safety and security. As people progress up the pyramid, needs become increasingly psychological and social. Soon, the need for love, friendship and intimacy become important. Further up the pyramid, the need for personal esteem and feelings of accomplishment take priority. Like Carl Rogers, Maslow emphasized the importance of self-actualization, which is a process of growing and developing as a person to achieve individual potential.

Types of Needs

Maslow believed that these needs are similar to instincts and play a major role in motivating behavior. Physiological, security, social, and esteem needs are deficiency needs (also known as D-needs), meaning that these needs arise due to deprivation. Satisfying these lower-level needs is important in order to avoid unpleasant feelings or consequences. Maslow termed the highest-level of the pyramid as growth needs (also known as being needs or B-needs). Growth needs do not stem from a lack of something, but rather from a desire to grow as a person.

Five Levels of the Hierarchy of Needs. There are five different levels in Maslow’s hierarchy of needs:

1. Physiological Needs
These include the most basic needs that are vital to survival, such as the need for water, air, food and sleep. Maslow believed that these needs are the most basic and instinctive needs in the Hierarchy because all needs become secondary until these physiological needs are met.

2. Security Needs
These include needs for safety and security. Security needs are important for survival, but they are not as demanding as the physiological needs. Examples of security needs include a desire for steady employment, health insurance, safe neighborhoods and shelter from the environment.

3. Social Needs
These include needs for belonging, love and affection. Maslow considered these needs to be less basic than physiological and security needs. Relationships such as friendships, romantic attachments and families help fulfill this need for companionship and acceptance, as does involvement in social, community or religious groups.

4. Esteem Needs
After the first three needs have been satisfied, esteem needs becomes increasingly important. These include the need for things that reflect on self-esteem, personal worth, social recognition and accomplishment.

5. Self-actualizing Needs
This is the highest level of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. Self-actualizing people are self-aware, concerned with personal growth, less concerned with the opinions of others and interested fulfilling their potential.

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
'Transformation in The Self Actualization and Enlightenment Process'

“When engaging in transformation changes think of this analogy. It's so easy to sleep as a caterpillar yet we fear those needed changes to find the true self and begin the transformation into a butterfly of one's actualized potential. If we falter and do not persevere with our vision and hope to actualize our potential we will never know the glorious sense of flight of realizing one's dream and reaching our true potential.
Think of child-birth. It is painful, but it ushers new life, new perspective and brings with it a bountiful of opportunities. We must shed our snake skin of blind spots in order to be able to realize who we were meant to be." LightSun

"Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding." Khalil Gibran

"We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty." Maya Angelou