• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

When people excuse people's bad behaviors b/c of tragedies or one good thing they did

theflame

Permabanned
What's this logic that a person thinks someone is Messiah just because he did one good thing so that justifies all of the bad stuff that person has done and doesn't have to pay for?

Similarly, why are people given free passes to be an asshole when they are going through a tragedy? It's like people forget that people were terrible toward others that did nothing to them.

Also, these people I'm talking about don't seem apologetic for what they have done, either since they continue to do it.

If it was you who someone was mistreating horribly, would you want everyone to ignore that person's bad behaviors and still be buddy buddy with them?

Shiver

I'd probably just wreck their shit with some good old fashioned revenge.

Anyway, I get the sense that this is stemming from some very specific real world story. Why don't you tell that?

theflame

Permabanned
I'd probably just wreck their shit with some good old fashioned revenge.

Anyway, I get the sense that this is stemming from some very specific real world story. Why don't you tell that?

I am not talking about a real life story. This is all on the Internet...can't really revenge people on the Internet without getting infractioned myself. I'm really curious if the people on the Internet who don't stick up for me would like it if they were in my shoes and people ignored other people's bad behaviors and actually endorsed their snark on the Internet instead of letting that person know this is the Internet, this isn't real life and no one knows anyone on here.

I have my thoughts and views and I'm not intimidated by anyone. I will still post whatever I post and I don't cave to people's thoughts just because there's five people after me because they can't stand I think for myself.

Shiver

"Real world" as opposed to a pure hypothetical. So essentially you were thinking of something real with all of this, yes. Seems as if you would be best served avoiding political topics since the reality is that nobody is going to respect others' opinions online anyway.