• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Music + Spirituality

Now I’m by no means a very religious person not that I would care if someone was because I believe in doing your own thing. Anyway, I have however enjoyed my share of chant (Gregorian, Byzantine etc) over the years. There’s something to be said for it based solely on listening to the human voice as an instrument (the fact that I don’t speak Latin or the other languages these pieces are sung in also helps to keep it a purely musical experience). I’ve never heard anything quite like this piece. It’s almost alien in nature. Beautiful, sorrowful, and completely spellbinding.