• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you believe in self actualization? Is self actualization possible?

LightSun

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
“A path of enlightenment is a path of untangling, undoing many layers of beliefs that blind us to the innate freedom within us. It is a journey that can hold moments of great joy as we discover the depth of stillness and peace

possible for us, and moments of great pain as we discover the depths of fear and imprisonment in our beliefs. Above all it is the path of honesty where we ask to embrace everything in the light of calm acceptance." Unknown

Lark

I believe it is and I believe that you must break through two things in order to achieve it, one is the individual narcissism with which we are all saddled by virtue of being human, the other is the mode of living in our society, which is having, rather than being, which is congruent with human nature.

Both are very, very, very difficult things to do, I'm not sure that many people have, perhaps only a very few in the whole of human history and they are quasi mytical or legendary individuals whose stories have been taken up and retold and reinterpreted and so may not be a true reflection of the reality, people like Jesus, Buddha, the Jewish prophets, Sufi mystics and poets.

At least those are the individuals who I believe have succeeded and been profiled, perhaps there are individuals who have done so anonymously and just lived their lives and disappeared completely unknown to human history too.

wool

Permabanned
Freedom from what?

How can you possibly count yourself as free while still shutting your eyes from the light?