• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is truth? Isd reality more fact or opinion?

Mole

Permabanned
Truth is only difficult to receive because pride gets in the way.

For those who engage in special pleading for a belief are inclined to submit moralism for intellectual integrity.

Intellectual integrity breathes clean, fresh air, while moralism breathes the fetid air of the swamp.

And those who engage in special pleading want to choke us on the fetid air of the swamp.

wool

Permabanned
For those who engage in special pleading for a belief are inclined to submit moralism for intellectual integrity.

Intellectual integrity breathes clean, fresh air, while moralism breathes the fetid air of the swamp.

And those who engage in special pleading want to choke us on the fetid air of the swamp.

"The light was shining in darkness; but the darkness apprehended it not."

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i read this as "What is Truth? LSD reality more opinion than fact"...

Mole

Permabanned
Do you happen to be a Christian, like myself, Lark?

Your commitment to a particular brand of Christianity is interesting, but what might be more interesting would be to explore your psyche, to explore your psychological life.

To be a member of a site devoted to psychology and focus obsessively on the beliefs of a particular sect of Christianity, would suggest you are not only pulling the wool over our eyes but over your own eyes as well.

wool

Permabanned
Your commitment to a particular brand of Christianity is interesting, but what might be more interesting would be to explore your psyche, to explore your psychological life.

To be a member of a site devoted to psychology and focus obsessively on the beliefs of a particular sect of Christianity, would suggest you are not only pulling the wool over our eyes but over your own eyes as well.

That wouldn't be more interesting.

Why do you say "particular brand"?

Mole

Permabanned
That wouldn't be more interesting.

Why do you say "particular brand"?

History has given us many different types of Christianity, from Orthodox to Catholic, to Anglicans, to Protestant, to the Latter Day Saints, to Jehovah's Witnesses, to Evangelicals, to the Prosperity Gospel, to the Pentecostals, and many more.

And it is obvious to me you use a particular form of speech that is used in a particular sect. But what is annoying is that you imply you are not a member of a particular sect. Unfortunately you insult our intelligence.

wool

Permabanned
History has given us many different types of Christianity, from Orthodox to Catholic, to Anglicans, to Protestant, to the Latter Day Saints, to Jehovah's Witnesses, to Evangelicals, to the Prosperity Gospel, to the Pentecostals, and many more.

And it is obvious to me you use a particular form of speech that is used in a particular sect. But what is annoying is that you imply you are not a member of a particular sect. Unfortunately you insult our intelligence.

Pardon me. I (try to) practice Christianity, the pure religion as Christ taught it.

What do you mean I use a particular form of speech? Which one is that?

Mole

Permabanned
Pardon me. I (try to) practice Christianity, the pure religion as Christ taught it.

What do you mean I use a particular form of speech? Which one is that?

You use a particular form of language, let me quote you I (try to) practice Christianity, the pure religion as Christ taught it. This is the jargon of a particular sect. We could easily find out which sect you come from by seeing what church you attend and where you got your Christian education.

I also know your particular sect denies it is a sect and claims to be pure Christianity, and you claim all the other sects are not pure Christianity. This called special pleading. What do you take us for?

wool

Permabanned
You use a particular form of language, let me quote you I (try to) practice Christianity, the pure religion as Christ taught it. This is the jargon of a particular sect. We could easily find out which sect you come from by seeing what church you attend and where you got your Christian education.

I also know your particular sect denies it is a sect and claims to be pure Christianity, and you claim all the other sects are not pure Christianity. This called special pleading. What do you take us for?

There are real Christians in every church.

Mole

Permabanned
There are real Christians in every church.

Most Christians do not talk like this. This is the way you talk in your sect. And what is annoying is that you deny you are an aggressive member of a sect, making pejorative statements about other Christians.

wool

Permabanned
Most Christians do not talk like this. This is the way you talk in your sect. And what is annoying is that you deny you are an aggressive member of a sect, making pejorative statements about other Christians.

Jesus talked like this.

Mole

Permabanned
Jesus talked like this.

You see your sect claims the legitimate inheritance of Jesus and denies it to other Christian sects.

And it is absurd to think Jesus would do this. For instance Christianity did not even exist in the lifetime of Jesus. Jesus was a practising Jew not a Christian.

And what is interesting is the psychology behind sects and cults. Cults have a jargon and are impervious to evidence and reason, and your cult and the cult of mbti have a lot in common.

And if we understand what leads our members to the cult of mbti we will no doubt understand what motivates members of your cult.

wool

Permabanned
You see your sect claims the legitimate inheritance of Jesus and denies it to other Christian sects.

And it is absurd to think Jesus would do this. For instance Christianity did not even exist in the lifetime of Jesus. Jesus was a practising Jew not a Christian.

And what is interesting is the psychology behind sects and cults. Cults have a jargon and are impervious to evidence and reason, and your cult and the cult of mbti have a lot in common.

And if we understand what leads our members to the cult of mbti we will no doubt understand what motivates members of your cult.

Those who have faith, and have accepted Christ as their personal savior are the members of the remnant church which is His Body. There is no particular worldly sect that can hold the title of true church of Christ, because it is spiritual in nature.

And "practicing Jew" is a stretch. He was only a Jew because He was classed among those to whom God had given a knowledge of Himself. He otherwise all but destroyed their traditions.

But will you hear the truth in my words, I wonder? Or has your tiny mole heart been blinded by pride and prejudice?

Mole

Permabanned
Those who have faith, and have accepted Christ as their personal savior are the members of the remnant church which is His Body. There is no particular worldly sect that can hold the title of true church of Christ, because it is spiritual in nature.

And "practicing Jew" is a stretch. He was only a Jew because He was classed among those to whom God had given a knowledge of Himself. He otherwise all but destroyed their traditions.

But will you hear the truth in my words, I wonder? Or has your tiny mole heart been blinded by pride and prejudice?

The problem is an interesting one. A hallmark of cults is the repetition of their jargon. Here we repeat the mbti jargon and your cult repeats its jargon about Christ.

And the jargon is repeated for a purpose, because a trance can be induced by any repetition. So both mbti and your cult entrance us with the purpose of putting our critically minds to sleep so we will accept the beliefs without criticism. We are entranced so our critical minds will go to sleep, and we will enter a fantasy state where we will believe the most fantastic things.

However all is not lost, as we enter a trance when we watch a movie but when the movie is over, we wake up. We suspend our disbelief for a while, and we return to daily reality when it is over.

We can do that here as well, just as you can there.

wool

Permabanned
The problem is an interesting one. A hallmark of cults is the repetition of their jargon. Here we repeat the mbti jargon and your cult repeats its jargon about Christ.

And the jargon is repeated for a purpose, because a trance can be induced by any repetition. So both mbti and your cult entrance us with the purpose of putting our critically minds to sleep so we will accept the beliefs with criticism. We are entranced so our critical minds will go to sleep, and we will enter a fantasy state where we will believe the most fantastic things.

However all is not lost, as we enter a trance when we watch a movie but when the movie is over, we wake up. We suspend our disbelief for a while, and we return to daily reality when it is over.

We can do that here as well, just as you can there.

Pot calling the kettle black. :)