• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Law of Attraction

Universal mind

Is there evidence to state the claim that our minds attract to us the people, places, and things?

Which MBTI type is more likely to follow this philosophy?

Also, what are you experiences with Law of Attraction and how do you practice this ideology using your MBTI type?

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is there evidence to state the claim that our minds attract to us the people, places, and things?

Which MBTI type is more likely to follow this philosophy?

Also, what are you experiences with Law of Attraction and how do you practice this ideology using your MBTI type?

there is evidence if you follow faulty reasoning (which most people do)...

the law of attraction is better considered to be a self programing tool, and not a reality...

indra

is
MBTI Type
jedi
Enneagram
The law of attraction shows that things are attracted to our minds, quite a difference.

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well if you focus on obtaining something - a goal, an object - for maybe 5-10 minutes per day you might start notocing things that will help you get there.

Don't know about the atteacting part of it.

Would let you know if it works. I have been testing it very recently :D. Something currently out of my grasp.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It gives you the confidence to go after the things you really want in life.
I mean, I tried attracting a million dollars with just my mind alone, and well..

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It gives you the confidence to go after the things you really want in life.
I mean, I tried attracting a million dollars with just my mind alone, and well..

This reminds me of the axiom "where there is a will there is a way", i.e. I've been willing to win the lottery for DECADES!!! Still hasn't happened though. I've cut back on the time I spend on planning my post lottery win expenditures, as fun as that can be :D

The whole subject though reminds me of a really good book: The Folly of Fools: The Logic of Deceit and Self-Deception in Human Life The Folly of Fools - Wikipedia by Robert Trivers Robert Trivers - Wikipedia

"Trivers proposed the theories of reciprocal altruism (1971), parental investment (1972), facultative sex ratio determination (1973), and parent–offspring conflict (1974). He has also contributed by explaining self-deception as an adaptive evolutionary strategy (first described in 1976) and discussing intragenomic conflict."

I've been considering foreclosing on internalizing the following replacement axiom (to 'where there is a will there is a way')

"Hope is the first step on the path to disappointment" ~ Space Marines

P.S. If you liked that video, here is another between Trivers and Chomsky as they compare notes on the subject, with Chomsky putting a political spin on things, naturally.

Litsnob

There is no good evidence for this woo woo but if it gives a boost in confidence or makes people feel good then it is having some sort of effect. I tend to be against it on principle because it leads to magical thinking.