User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you believe in life after death?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I believe in God

10 27.78%
  • Yes, but I am an atheist

3 8.33%
  • No

8 22.22%
  • Other (please explain)

15 41.67%
First 2345 Last

No. I believe that when we are dead, we are nothing but dead. I really can't fathom the idea of anything else, although I am dumb and stubborn.

Also, that's the way I want it to be. I hate the notion of an afterlife. Imagine FINALLY dying and you still have to live after that...
    the fiction that we're living in says i should pull the pin

SLI ~ "Philosopher" ~ sx/sp

Johari / Nohari

I do believe there is an afterlife, however, I do not think it will be "pie in the sky", in fact, I think that thinking is deeply wrong in a lot of ways, life before death is just as important and should be sought out each day.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I find the evidence from past life regressions and ghosts to be convincing. I know people who've seen ghosts and I find them to be credible people. I don't know what the hierarchy is or if there is some deity in charge of everything, but I don't see that as being all that important.
    You'd think there'd be at least one cat question in the debates.
    Likes Firebird 8118 liked this post

Just A Heart on Fire Firebird 8118's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    279 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

I know most people will probably laugh at me for this, but...

The longer I observe my niece, the more I’m convinced that she’s the reincarnation of my late grandmother. I love her for who she is regardless of whether it’s true or not though, so I guess I’m better off never knowing.
    “The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” ~Ernest Hemingway

Johari: https://kevan.org/johari?name=~MS*ANGEL~
    Nohari: https://kevan.org/nohari?name=~MS*ANGEL~

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    "And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"

MBTI
    FREE

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    279 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

So anyway, in a nutshell - I believe in the cycle of reincarnation, along with the notion that we can free ourselves from this cycle by remembering our true spiritual nature.

My beliefs these days kinda fall somewhere in between Hinduism and New Age. I’ve read the heck out of Neale Donald Walsh’s “Conversations with God” (all three volumes) as well as “Dying to be Me” by Anita Moorjani in recent years. Anita’s accounts of her near-death experience especially resonated with me, since 1) my mom had an NDE herself back when she was in her teens (she’s since gained a lifelong intuition about people in general), and 2) the story of Anita’s experience and miraculous recovery (both spiritual and physical) just felt... intuitively true, for lack of a better term.
    “The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” ~Ernest Hemingway

"And then, raising my lids slowly and looking out from underneath my lashes, i captured him with my eyes"
    Likes Saturnal Snowqueen, Lark liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    I find the evidence from past life regressions and ghosts to be convincing. I know people who've seen ghosts and I find them to be credible people. I don't know what the hierarchy is or if there is some deity in charge of everything, but I don't see that as being all that important.
    Why would people become ghosts rather than simply being reincarnated?

How does past life regressions AND ghosts exist simultaneously?

I'm not saying its not the case, I just dont see how to square that particular circle.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    279 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post

How does past life regressions AND ghosts exist simultaneously?

I'm not saying its not the case, I just dont see how to square that particular circle.
    I think it’s possible - like, say for instance that someone was murdered long before their time. That person may find themselves stuck between the physical realm and the spiritual realm for a while, unable to complete the transition to the other side.

As a Reiki master, I was taught a technique to help ghosts leave the physical realm and move forward peacefully. I’d be a little scared going into, say, a haunted asylum by myself, but if I were to ever go along with a paranormal team it’d be nice to use this technique to help out...

Likes Lark, Tellenbach liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Lark
    According to the TV show Ghost Whisperer, starring the lovely Jennifer Love Hewitt, some earth bound spirits haven't crossed over yet because of some unresolved issue. Once they cross over, they can reincarnate.
    You'd think there'd be at least one cat question in the debates.
    Likes Firebird 8118 liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    279 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenbach View Post
    According to the TV show Ghost Whisperer, starring the lovely Jennifer Love Hewitt, some earth bound spirits haven't crossed over yet because of some unresolved issue. Once they cross over, they can reincarnate.
    That makes perfect sense, and definitely in line with how we see them as holistic healers.